“Evening meal”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Easy parking.friendly helpful staff.a pleasant clean restaurant with a log fire.
The food tasty and nicely presented.

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Every time i’v been here the food has been very good and good value for money drinks same as most places.
For the kids there’s so much to do so happy kids happy wife happy life so all in all good food good to relax good for kids

Reviewed 22 July 2017

Went for a meal on Thursday. Was shocking first the vinegar came out like string the mix grill was full of grease the chips where hard like been re heated from night before scampi had chicken nuggets mixed in the gammon was just ham there was 11 off us in.there was work being carried out in outside play area and was a saw and hammer and a nail gun just left on the floor. Never again

2  Thank Steven H
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

We stayed here last summer for about 10 days .ours was a large family room in one of the lower floor.. ground level with two separate single beds( comfortable enough to sleep two people in) breakfast was complimentary and basic . The entrance have a very large bar cum restaurant Which was always crowded and busy.
The view from the hotel garden is beautiful...of farms and sheep and a wind mill at a distance. The house keeping was good but they always had a little grumpy face. There was two huge dogs (always locked) but they keep barking at the drop of a hat.The hotel has a very vintage feel and that's the reason I choose. Very close to the Cider farm .

1  Thank Riya Katy S
Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

I stopped here with my sister while we were walking, I sat while my sister went to the bar she looked back at me after 15mins, it wasn't that busy but clearly there were not enough staff, she was then served he put a glass under the beer tap and left the bar, my sister waited after about 5 mins another chap asked if she was bring served she said I was but he disappeared ! So the other one finished. We sat and watched the utter chaos going on around the bar and into the restaurant. On trying to access the toilets there was a dinning table next to the door, people trying to eat so didn't really want to move as we said excuse me ! The toilets were not up to standard. To give the pub a second chance I tried again today it was even worse with two behind the bar who could hardly speak English and people waiting and lack of stock ! Utter chaos. I lived in the area and have known this pub a long time, but I won't bother again ! !

3  Thank Lorraine B