All reviews main bar across the road magic show bad points room was spacious and clean chania city center canteen style manager christos a wonderful vacation the hotel was fully booked pool bar clean water busy road small kitchenette evening entertainment air conditioning restaurants and bars
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

We are a family of four, 2 adults and 2 children age 10. Our stay was for summer vacation during the children's school vacation time. This means we went at a very busy time and families from all over Europe are there at the same time. I am American but my fiancé and his children are Dutch. Sometimes as an American, I find it difficult to understand how some of these hotels operate. It is an interesting experience how families 'holiday' during school vacations. We purchased a 10 night stay in a family style apartment...booked through an agency. The apartment was great and the air conditioning worked brilliantly. Thankfully, because it was very warm in August. With the 10 nights, we had breakfast and dinner included. All in all our vacation at Creta Palm was a good deal. The hotel is located in a great spot, not far from the main city, Chania, and across the street from the beach. The beach is fantastic and plenty of sun chairs and umbrellas. My biggest complaint about the Creta Palm was the food. Not that it was bad but it was what they had to offer. I had expected more fish options and healthy salads. Unfortunately, most meals were heavy and warm meat stews. Not exactly the kind of food you want on hot summer nights. All dining is al fresco and it would get very warm at times. Hot food on top of that, was not that pleasant. There are many good restaurants close by and definitely recommend leaving the property to explore. Creta Palm is perfect for families, conveniently located, staff is professional and friendly, and the rooms were clean. Although the towels really need to be replaced. For an American standard, this is a 3 star hotel. If you keep that in mind, you won't be disappointed.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 September 2017

good food and plenty to choose from and good variety. nice staff and very cozy hotel area. very clean and fresh. the only downside was a very busy road that had to pass to get to the sea, there were no crossings point.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Gunilla V
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

From the moment I stepped into this hotel until the end of my week I was made to feel welcome by the lovely staff here!! I was a bit worried as,i was alone travellig but there was no need to worry......Thank you to the lovely Sofia for helping me at reception for all my queries!!! So very help full also the lady with red hair I did not get her name but she was really pleasant too!! The food was lovely every day something different maria and her team gave excelent service and friendly!!! Katerina on the bar works very hard and always so polite and smiling such a lovely lady she is an asset to hotel... gregoris the waiter is very hard working and attentive ...so helpfull ..I only met Dimitri one time but he loves to joke with guests ..so funny!!!! Rooms are cleaned daily and are spotless very spacious too! Pools,are kept clean also this hotel deserves more good ratings as I had a wondeful week here I will return very soon !!! Thank you all at creta,palm !!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank thedutchess001
Reviewed 20 September 2017

First time in Crete, this hotel was recommended by the agency and we were not disappointed at all. We got a 5 bedroom suite, had great cleaning service, impressive view, quiet complex, had 0 problems with the neighbors or the environment for that matter. Would definitely consider going again! The food was good and of course the pools were a plus. Friendly and cozy all around.

Room Tip: Top floors for sure with seaside view.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 September 2017

We stayed at Creta Palm for 2 weeks in Aug/Sep. We arrived before check-in at 9AM but our appartment had been prepared and we settled down straight away. Next day we realized that next door appartment was more convinient for us as balcony was with living room not bedroom (our daughter and 11-month grandson lived in bedroom and we could not use the balcony when grandson were sleeping not to bother him). We asked to reallocate us to this appartment and we were provided it in 10 min!

Special thanks to Sofia from reception who made all these suprises real!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family