“A nice restaurant on a cold evening”

Pizzeria Ristorante Naye
Price range: USD 0 - USD 19
Cuisines: Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Pizzeria Restaurant. Good pizzas, excellent service, great prices. Come and visit us.
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

It was a cold evening in Madeira when we went to Naye Pizzeria. Not an evening for sitting in an outdoor restaurant. I had been there my times before but it was a first for my friend. The decor is cosier than most restaurants here and the pizza/espetada oven was a welcome roaring fire adding to the ambience. The food and service was excellent as always and we had a lovely chat with Antonio the new waiter. Enjoy. Very handy for people in Loreto, Arco and Calheta.

Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

We ate dinner at the restaurant and really enjoyed the pizza and the house wine was excellent. The staff was very friendly and we had the most enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Having read good reviews we travelled up to this spot hoping for great food and a lovely view. We got neither. The sun set with a wonderful deep orange glow, behind the building and the wall of the road in front of us.

I was ravenous and looking forward to the steak (the only thing I wanted from the small selection of non-dairy items on the menu). They had run out. After some embarrassing language barrier back-and-forth we established that whilst all the meat dishes were finished, they did still have the tuna steak. This was now the only thing I could eat on the menu and I was too hungry to even think of looking for another restaurant to go to (even though the waiter had said we should go to his friend's place, then realising it was closed already).

To start, a veg salad for SO and a bacon salad for me. Veg was fresh but too much sweet corn (any sweet corn is too much IMO). Bacon in the salad was limp and the accompanying mushrooms saturated in oil.

SO had a margarita pizza for main (can't mess that up surely) and I unenthusiastically awaited the tuna steak.

Pizza was burned on the base (no one wants a crunchy pizza), and the tuna was cooked to death and covered in tomato purée. Seriously, if you have amazing fresh tuna, you need to cook it right, not reduce it to thin strips and cook it until it's fishy shoe leather.

Sensing our dissatisfaction in general the waiter swooped in with complimentary ricotta tiramisu for the pair of us (I had been quite clear about not having dairy). SO had already ordered chocolate ice cream so after finishing the tiramisu ("quite good actually"), the chocolate ice cream was only dipped into for a couple of mouthfuls. The rest of the dessert menu was pre-made/mass produced).

Ambience was ok, dimly lit and cosy whilst still outside and fresh. Cost average. Parking easy.

2  Thank Alexander H
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

If you are craving for pizza, this is a great place to get your fix.
Service is great and the pizza is tasty and cooked to perfection.

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Ordered pizza 40 mins ago still waiting no drinks have turned up absolute shocking service
Seem more concerned about serving the locals than holiday makers

1  Thank Mr Neil h