“Fun, safe, professional.”

Madeira Paragliding
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Fly with the most experienced paragliders in the world full infrastructure for paragliding pilots and passengers from all over the world, 24 years safety flying every afternoon (weather permitting) best on the island
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

This is the best paragliding experience on the island. The team is experienced, professional and accommodating. They will make you feel safe and welcomed. They ask you questions and cater to the more timid or more adrenaline seeking. They take the time to ensure you understand the instructions and are comfortable.
I had the pleasure of flying with Manuel who did everything to give me the best experience. Manuel went above and beyond to ensure my safe return to Funchal after landing.
Duarte was a great communicator and accommodated my schedule and last minute request. This team know the island, know paragliding and know how to treat people.
(I had booked with another company that dragged me along until they finally said nobody would be on the island until two weeks after my trip, even though I booked and prepaid in advance. I thought I wouldn’t be able to go paragliding at that point).

Thank you Duarte and Manuel for making this a great experience! Hope to fly again soon.

Date of experience: August 2018
1  Thank lienaDB
All reviews
"an amazing experience"
in 5 reviews
"felt safe"
in 3 reviews
"an experience to remember"
"tandem flight"
"instructions"
"passengers"
"coastline"

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

We had a great time flying with the team of Madeira Paragliding. Very nice people, very professional. We recommend it if you visit Madeira!

Date of experience: August 2018
1  Thank ThibautCagnon
Reviewed 31 July 2018

Absolutely recommend everyone to do this! It cost 75 euro's and i was up in the air for about 25 mins! (this is dependent of the weather of course on the day) absolutely stunning views of the island! Hartmut made me feel so comfortable and is such a humble man! I would definitely do this again! Paragliding was such an incredible experience!

3  Thank forever_hetal
Reviewed 27 July 2018

We came to Madeira for a paragliding trip and visited the Hartmut to get infos from local flyers. We were greeted by kittens, a cosy place for paragliders and tandem passengers and a very friendly atmosphere. Hartmut and his team were very helpful with tipps about flying on the island. They always gave a helping hand when we started at Madeira Paragliding.
Also we were witness to numerous tandem flights. We saw them start with kids and seniors and everyone had his part of fun. Organization of the flights is very uncomplicated. Everything takes place at the launch zone. Hartmut and his team are flying almost every day of the year. Give him a call to arrange something - or drop by and wait for your turn while you enjoy the view.

2  Thank dersebb