“Fantastic holidays!”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Lefkogeia Prevelis

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The ground floor... Lovely ambience, small,cosy and adorable!
Spacious bedroom, leading to the shaded balcony
A small bathroom on the ground floor
Do not let the spectacular mountain scenery fool you! 4 out of numerous beaches only 7 minutes away!
A view of Lefkogia village!
Located on a narrow alley of the village, Apartment Lefkogia Prevelis welcomes you!
Crystal waters at Schoinaria beach (1.8 km from the house!)
Feel the calmness! Klisidi beach (2 km from house!)
The magic view of Triopetra beach (east of Preveli)
Holidays in Lefkogia! You simply won't get bored... Discover the secrets of the nearby gorge!
The unusual folcloristic and historic museum of Papa Michalis in Asomatos! Wonderful place to visit
Join us in breathtaking experiences!
The famous Preveli beach, with the palm forest!
Free access to our farm (800m away from the apartment)! Come over to meet our animals.
Turkey's conference! Serious matters need to be solved...! Free access to Lefkogia farm (800m away)
Who is the grouchy here?????
You have to meet Huey and Dewey!!!
Colours of the spring in Lefkogia farm, only 0,8km away from the house!
Our farm, only 0,7 km away from the house!
Another view of our farm!
...and another!
Life should be so ....simple!
Lefkogia farm (0,8km away)! Did you think that only kids get to have fun? Well ...think again!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Muenster, Germany
“Fantastic holidays!”
Reviewed 4 October 2013 for a stay in September 2013
person found this review helpful

First of all we have to say that the owner of the appartement, Betty and her husband are just great people!!!

They invited us (me and my girl friend) to her farm and we had a really funny time with interesting discussions and GOOD WHINE:-)! There farm is absolutely beautiful and if you have children, they will definitely love it!

The appartement is even a little house, so we got a little more than we expected. The neighbours, some old women, are just lovely and you feel very welcome in the village. The house is very clean, and Betty is changing towels and bed sheeds every few days.
The house is an old stone house and has been restaurated very well by Bettys husband. Inside it is very cosy and everything is arranged very well.
If you feel like cooking yourself, you will find all the basics you need in the kitchen, clean and ready to use.

The house has a nice balkony where you can spend the evenings with some olives and whine or whatever you like...

The beach is very close. Just 5 minutes by car or you can even walk if you feel like. You can choose from many nice beaches around. Go to the big Plakias beach or to smaller ones nearby. The famous Preveli Palm Beach ist just around the corner. Maybe a 10 minutes drive!

To Plakias it is only 5-7 minutes where you can have good food at the sea and go swimming as I wrote before. But there is a very nice Restaurant in Lefkogeia as well with delicious cretian food at very good prices!

The area around Plakias is beautiful for walking, watching birds, etc. From Levkogeia village it is very easy to explore Crete. If you have a rental car it is easy to go for day trips to many places like Matala Caves, Chania, Knosos etc. We also recommend to book a bus tour from Plakias to Samaria gorge.

If you want nightlife, you just go 30 minutes to Rethymno or if you want it a bit more quiet you just stay where you are. So everything you want is not far away.

So if you want your holidays in a nice place with nice people, good food, nice beaches, but not be too far away from a (nice) city (like Rethymno), Lefkogeia Prevelis is just the place to be!

If you need any advices you can always ask Betty. Everything is "no problem":-)

What else can we say? Just go there and enjoy!!!

PS: Visit the small Museum "Oriseum Papa Michalis Georgoulakis" in Asomatos (just 5 minutes away)! It is absolutely worth it!

PPS: Betty also has a bigger house for families or a group of friends. It is just around the corner of the appartement and we can highly recommend it!

23 Apr 2014
First of all... I have to say that when you said you were good in essays I believed you but I never expected you to be that good!!!!
I remember thanking you by e-mail but it's never too late to thank you publicly!!! My dear Philipp... Thank you! I even want to make an enquiry to myself!!!! And be accommodated by me!!!
Thank you for your review and also thank you for spending time with us! We did have a good time together and I sure hope to see you again some day! Many kisses to you and to your beautiful one!

Ewa5052
Warsaw, Poland
“Great traditional house in the authentic village”
Reviewed 17 September 2013 for a stay in August 2013

At the end of August 2013 we spent a lovely week at the quiet Cretan village of Lefkogia. The small, traditional local house is with two rooms, a small kitchenette and a bathroom. There was a large balcony overlooking a narrow, quiet street where local women dressed in black would rest and chat in the evenings. It was a great place to quietly sip a glass (or two!) of the local white wine and enjoy life. The house was simple but very tastefully done according to the Cretan tradition, with no TV (thank God), but it had an air conditioner which we used once or twice.

The village has a shop where all the basic goods are available and three restaurants serving Greek food. We especially liked Stellios (?) taverna with great food at reasonable price. Nice, though stony beaches are within a couple of minutes drive from the village.

About ten/fifteen minutes drive from Lefkogia is the nearby town of Plakias, with a clean sandy beach, hotels, tavernas, bars, fishing port, quite a few shops, banks, car and motorcycle rentals. Still further on the road climbs to the artistic village of Mirthios definitely worth a visit. We also recommend drive along the coast to Hora Sfakion and further on to Anopolis and Aradena. The views are fantastic.

Betty, our host was a charming and caring person. She made our stay really pleasant. She and her husband Yannis own another and much larger house Villa Pente Anemoi for rent on the outskirts of Lefkogia. It is beautifully finished according to Yannis design who is known as “Gaudi of Lefkogia” for his interior decorating skills.

I can fully recommend the place.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location, authentic neighbourhood
Liked least: nothing
Your age range 50-64
23 Apr 2014
My dear Ewa,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review! And accept my apologies for taking so long to reply! I wish you will be alerted on this one! I have to confess though that you caused me a bit of a trouble as my husband Hlias did not know the existence of my husband Giannis and he found out from your review!!!! Oh boy.. the worst of all is that he thought he was the Gaudi and when you referred to Giannis as Gaudi... he collapsed!!! :)I am joking of course!!! Hlias hasn't seen your review but if he had he would definitely be panicked!!! As for me... I loughed a lot! You are the sweetest!
Thank you for choosing our place to spend your holidays and thank you for your kind words!

Best wishes,
Betty and Hlias :)
Melanie C
Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
“Wonderful authentic tradtional house”
Reviewed 5 August 2013 for a stay in July 2013

My family and I stayed for a week in July in this wonderful traditional house just right in the very friendly neighbourhood of Lefkogia. Betty and her husband are wonderful hosts. Thanx for the cake and eggs on our last morning- we were so pleased. Our little daughter loved the atmosphere of the neighbourhood - there was always a friendly "Jasu". The traditional style of the house makes you feel yery welcome. We will love to come back. Big hugs from your "Germs"

Travelling group: Family with Young Children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
14 Sep 2013
My dear Germs.... sorry... friends! :)

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice and kind review.

We do miss you, you know! What an amazing time we had together!!! It felt so good to have you around! I am sorry you did not have more time to spend here. I can only hope that you will come again ....soon! Will you??? We will sure be waiting for you...

My best wishes! <3

Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2013 for a stay in June 2013

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location, beaches, house itself, food!
Liked least: nothing!
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
20 Jun 2013
Dear Agnes!

You are a sweetheart!!! Do you know that? Thank you for choosing our property, thank you for a great description of the area and also thank you for your kind words. It was a pleasure meeting you both. Many kisses to Dunkan and to you too. Love, Betty
Northwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2012 for a stay in August 2012
person found this review helpful

Liked best: Authentic Crete experience
Liked least: Nothing
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
29 Dec 2012
Dear David,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for your holidays here in our village and for your kind words. I appreciate it so much! It was nice having you at the apartment and it was very nice meeting you! Thank you very much for joining us at the farm. It was such a lovely evening enjoying your pleasant company, drinking and discussing so many things like we were old friends. It is always a pleasure to enjoy the company of pleasant and interesting people! Give my greetings to Rosemary!
Best wishes and come again soon!
Betty
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing