All reviews interconnecting rooms alfresco dining cooked fish the main block tea bags great balcony end of season rooms are great beach pool sea urchins hired a car tui rep bars and restaurants sea view air con teen club facebook group
Reviewed 3 October 2018

We really enjoyed our stay. The hotel has a very contemporary feel, and the setting is idyllic. We enjoyed a large amount of our time sat by the sea and soaking up some rays; sea swimming is a must, and the big inflatable is a touch of brilliance. On other days, we enjoyed trips to some of the tourist spots in Croatia and neighbouring Bosnia and Herzegovina. The staff are all very welcoming too, and gave us some great guidance when we were organising a trip to a local restaurant, and needed assistance booking taxis. For evenings where you wish to venture outside of the hotel, there is a lovely little village called Zaostrog which is about a 10 – 15 minute walk North from the hotel where you can enjoy drinks and local restaurants. There is also a lovely village called Brist which is 10 Kuna in a taxi. In between each village are some beautiful beach walks.

The only suggestions which we’d make to the hotel to help enhance the experience to guests would be:

• extend the areas where guests can sit in the evening – possibly create a different space within the restaurant or the floor which sits above the hotel
• refine the food offerings: the food was good, but could improve with perhaps a couple of evenings where there’s some fresh cooking taking place in the restaurant, i.e. fresh calamari being prepared, or an omelette station.
• diversify the music. The music was generally appropriate (mostly European dance pop), but it would have been great to hear some variety, i.e. soul classics / ambient / local Croatian artists etc. If the hotel was to perhaps to set up a Spotify account, this could help bring a selection that offered something for everyone, and songs / playlists that weren’t too often repeated. At times too, there was different music coming from two sources (i.e. the pool and the bar). If the sources could be joined there, problem solved.

All in all though, as the title of my review indicates, we had a great time.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2018

This is a long review but hopefully gives you some good information. We have just finished a week's stay and enjoyed this hotel. It's advertised as a three star and meets or exceeds in most areas. The two hour transfer from Split airport is quite picturesque and passes quickly enough.

Rooms: The rooms are brand new of course, very well appointed with modern fittings, very soundproof doors and the most modern fire and safety standards. The shower is fast and describing it as hot is an understatement, it's pretty scalding so careful if you have children. The housekeeping were prompt each day and did a good job of cleaning and tidying. The whole hotel is in fact very clean throughout. There's no tea or coffee facilities in the rooms so bring your own, although tea bags can be secured from the bar areas, including herbal, green etc.

Layout: The hotel is split over three buildings and I've tried to capture images. The main block is at the top of the hill and all rooms either face the sea side or rear side. Sea side mostly have at least partially sea views, especially the higher floors. Lower to mid floors get an increasing view of the 'annex' on the sea side and all rooms get pm sun this side. Rear rooms look over the quiet car park and mountains with am sun and shade pm. The annex block is actually about 6 small blocks intermixed and sits between the main block and bar/restaurant block. Around 60percent have seaview, but some with the restaurant in between which can lead to some noise. The other rooms look into quadrangles with balconies facing each other and limited sun. The last block is the restaurant at entrance level and bar underneath. There are steps down to the pools, then the lido and then beach. Being on a hillside there are lots of steps but by following the paths that loop around you can just about get down step free but it would be a bit of a challenge.

Sadly the pool, although lovely, has banging music playing often which spoils the beautiful setting. We didn't use it for this reason. The lido and beach are very nice with beautiful views. Although the hotel was pretty full, there are literally hundreds of brand new sunbeds and umbrellas and you are guaranteed one any time of day, although maybe not in your favourite spot. Free beach towels on request.

Food: The food and restaurant are best described as high end cafe rather than restaurant. Wooden chairs with no cushions, wipe down tables but again everything is clean and brand new. The views are great. I would describe the food as three star plus. Although similar each meal, there were always two meat dishes, a fish, two soups, vegetables, simple salads and mostly cake based desserts. Sadly veggies would struggle as there were limited veggie dishes, although always one on offer (one day this was pasta with mixed veg and no sauce). However, the food is certainly not terrible as some reviews say. We found everything very well cooked, exactly how I prefer buffet food, and kept at good temperature by the bain maries. Although often a bit pale, the dishes were tasty and we enjoyed eating there. There's a good aray of full sugar soft drinks, water, wine and beer. The beer is good, the wine is awful I'm afraid but you can't have everything. Evening meal is only 7-9 each day and it's clear most people eat in the first hour. After then, the restaurant empties. The hotel knows this so doesn't refill things that much 8-9 as it would be wasted. If you don't want "what's left" go earlier. The bar downstairs fills up but there's an overflow area and we usually found a table. You could also take a drink back upstairs to the restaurant which by then is quiet, and use their coffee in cups rather than paper takeaways downstairs. We saw at least three professional singers in the evenings which I wasn't expecting from some reviews.

Location: Outside the hotel you can walk for miles along the old coast road each way, now a cycle route. There are villages in every bay and lovely views.

Great Day Out: Okay, here's how to get a cheap day out if you don't mind some walking. Before 8pm the day before, order a packed lunch. Next day, have breakfast, pick up your lunch and leave the hotel at 1000. Walk north out of the lower hotel entrance, past the campsite and pick up the lower minor coast road/cycle path. You are going to walk about 3.5 miles past three villages with great views. Always stick to the lower minor road, there's just one small section where you go off left along a distinct forest path before rejoining the minor road 100m later. It just avoids the main trunk road for that section. The third village is Drevnik and you should arrive about 11-1130. At the harbour buy tickets for the Sucuraj ferry (Hvar island) for 2 GBP each way. Take the 1200 Adriatic cruise (aka the ferry) which takes 30 mins. The ferry drops you at Sucuraj which is the most beautiful fishing village you can imagine. Walk around the harbour and take one of the 20+ benches to eat your lunch. Walk past the boats to the lighthouse you saw from the ferry for awesome views of the Adriatic at the southernmost point of Hvar ( about 10 minutes away). Then mooch around the village before returning on the 1500 ferry and walking back to the hotel via the same route, arriving between 430 and 5pm. Total cost 4 GBP per person for the ferry. Of course you can upgrade this excursion by visiting the many bars and cafes around the harbour and even a couple of higher class restaurants! These times are as September 18 so best to check for next year, although there are about 8 ferries a day.

Split Airport: For the return flight, unlike most airports, Split airport is very reasonably priced with Cappuccino at 15 kuna and a slice of strudel the same price. The tap water in Croatia is very safe to drink everywhere, even the rep's say don't bother with bottled, so take an empty bottle through security and fill it from the taps in the loos on the other side.

Hotel email address is info at morenia dot com dot hr and they replied in 10 mins to my room request.

I hope you find this helpful. I like to do decent reviews so if you like this, a thanks click is always very much appreciated.

Room Tip: Email the hotel with your request - they replied to me in 10 mins.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Dave9
Reviewed 22 September 2018

We visited Morenia Hotel in June 2018 as a family of five, with my boyfriend, sister, nephew and dad and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The coach transfer is long at around 2 and a half hours, but it is all along coastal roads so the scenery on the journey is breathtaking. The hotel itself is beautiful. We actually arrived on the very first day that the hotel opened and we were apprehensive about the level of service and quality of food etc that we were going to receive but we had no reason whatsoever to be worried. Every member of staff was so friendly and we had the pleasure of speaking to the manager who was lovely and told us all about the hotel. The young lady in the kids club was really good with the children and loved playing with my nephew. The rooms were really clean, spacious and comfortable and we had an amazing view of the sea. We were in a 2 bed annexe for reference. The food in the restaurant was delicious with a wide option of meats, fish, vegetable, pasta etc every night and the desserts and ice cream were tasty also. The drinks were local and not well known brands, but still very nice and we didn't go short on anything. We had two swimming pools, a kids pool and the sea which was lovely for swimming in. The inflatable aqua park was lots of fun! Overall a fabulous holiday and I would recommend the Morenia Hotel to everyone. Far exceeded any expectations I had for a 3 star hotel!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Natalie250395
Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Can't recommend this hotel enough! Staff are so kind and helpful especially Goran the receptionist who went above and beyond to ensure we had a comfortable stay and helped us with our luggage! Food is excellent also. Overall 5* service can't wait to return.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Thomas F
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Lovely setting beautiful panoramic sea view, but I booked a hotel with a spa, show cooking Etc but I nstead for my £1700 for one adult and one child I got a crap buffet with undercooked beef or over cooked chicken hard as rock, rice was uck and the “roast” veg appeared to be boiled veg sat in vat of oil, the only thing I enjoyed was a vegetable mouskaka which gave me the runs. Place was over run with wasps and the servers were taking empty plates across my plate as I was eating. I paid £1700 for and ate salad for a week whilst my son ate chips (which even he said were bad) I thus feel massively ripped off and TUI couldn’t care less. Very disappointed I will never go all inclusive or with Tui again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family