All reviews family run hotel two nights glacier tradition clouds mountains cheese
Reviewed 16 September 2017

I was fortunate enough to have the pleasure of staying at Hotel Gletscherblick for a night this summer. The family that runs the place is incredibly friendly and will make every effort to make sure your time there is top notch. As the name implies, you have an unreal view of the glacier on the other side of the valley. Even if you don't stay for the night, eat at the hotel's restaurant. The menu is very reasonably priced and my meals were delicious. I also had the chance to try out their brunch buffet, which included everything from smoothies to a variety of fruit parfaits and may have been one of the best brunches I've ever had. I simply cannot recommend this place enough. Thank you for a memorable stay

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Lawrence H
Reviewed 16 September 2017

After a gap of five years we returned to the Gletscherblick this September for two nights and were received like old friends. It remains a welcoming haven in a stunning area. The view from our usual room on the first day was solid rain and cloud but we enjoyed a great damp walk at Axalp (the Schnitzlerweg) and the waterfall at Geissbach was a raging torrent. On the second morning however we awoke to the usual wonderful array of mountains from our window. We wandered up to the local lift at Twing and spent a glorious morning walking amongst the Marmots from Käserstatt to Mägisalp and then back down to the hotel with beer and a 'hausgemacht' cake at Bidmi. We will have to return for a longer visit. The younger members of family Hersig, with support from the older generation, are continuing the traditions of this hotel and at the same time are moving it forward. The half board option provided us with a very satisfying breakfast and four course dinner. I am very happy to recommend this hotel again.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a gletscherblick!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Although I have only spent one night in Hotel Gletscherblick I can only recommend it!
I had a great experience as the staff was super friendly, helpful and made me feel very welcome. Furthermore, the hotel has a lovely, homely atmosphere and is situated in a great spot where you are even able to see the glacier!
The breakfast buffet was fresh and there was a good range of different foods.
I will definitely come back!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Gletscherblick1906, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Gletscherblick, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Thank you very much for your kind review!
We are looking forward to see you again.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for an internship at the cable car station. The staff who run the hotel are extremely friendly and understanding if you have a question or need to know something, this type of service you would only get in family run hotel. The waitress from the restaurant (closed wed & thurs) was very friendly and was nice to talk to her. The decor of the hotel in places is quite modern and at the same time in places quite dated. In places it could do with some modernizing. The bedroom I stayed in was a 2x2 single room with sink, it was very basic but suited my needs. Personally I really like this hotel and the staff who work here and I would visit again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

We slept here for one night. It was dark when we arriwed so we were not aware of the magnificent view from our rooms. Waking up next morning was a holliday memory I will never forget. We opened the window and just layed there in scilence listening to the nature sounds and completely in aw of what our eyes saw. Beds were comfortable, everything was clean, staff was very sweet, helpful and welcoming. Breakfast was good with a good selection of breads and cheeses, yougurt, cereals, eggs and sussages. This hotel seems to be run by a family wich to me makes it even more charming. I loved the whole experience.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family