“Classic Swiss Hospitality”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Gletscherblick
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Hasliberg
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

A perfect location for hiking and walking in Hasliberg, with easy access to additional hikes and outings throughout the Youngfrau Region.

Our room was very clean with beautiful views, comfy beds with eiderdowns, plenty of closet space, and a spacious bathroom.

Breakfast is a plentiful buffet of breads/croissants, meats/cheeses, hard boiled eggs, cereals/muesli, yogurt, and fruit. Wonderful coffee and a wide selections of teas.

Dinners are plated with wait service and the menu offers starters, light or heavy entrees, and fabulous desserts. There are lots of choices for vegetarians and a wonderful selection of classic regional dishes.

The hotel is family owned and operated for over 100 years and we felt very welcome from the moment we arrived. The family is very familiar with the region and can offer advice on hikes, walks, or outings to special events. They often stopped by our table to say hello and it felt so nice to know they really cared about our experience.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 16 September 2017

I was fortunate enough to have the pleasure of staying at Hotel Gletscherblick for a night this summer. The family that runs the place is incredibly friendly and will make every effort to make sure your time there is top notch. As the name implies, you have an unreal view of the glacier on the other side of the valley. Even if you don't stay for the night, eat at the hotel's restaurant. The menu is very reasonably priced and my meals were delicious. I also had the chance to try out their brunch buffet, which included everything from smoothies to a variety of fruit parfaits and may have been one of the best brunches I've ever had. I simply cannot recommend this place enough. Thank you for a memorable stay

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2017

After a gap of five years we returned to the Gletscherblick this September for two nights and were received like old friends. It remains a welcoming haven in a stunning area. The view from our usual room on the first day was solid rain and cloud but we enjoyed a great damp walk at Axalp (the Schnitzlerweg) and the waterfall at Geissbach was a raging torrent. On the second morning however we awoke to the usual wonderful array of mountains from our window. We wandered up to the local lift at Twing and spent a glorious morning walking amongst the Marmots from Käserstatt to Mägisalp and then back down to the hotel with beer and a 'hausgemacht' cake at Bidmi. We will have to return for a longer visit. The younger members of family Hersig, with support from the older generation, are continuing the traditions of this hotel and at the same time are moving it forward. The half board option provided us with a very satisfying breakfast and four course dinner. I am very happy to recommend this hotel again.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a gletscherblick!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Although I have only spent one night in Hotel Gletscherblick I can only recommend it!
I had a great experience as the staff was super friendly, helpful and made me feel very welcome. Furthermore, the hotel has a lovely, homely atmosphere and is situated in a great spot where you are even able to see the glacier!
The breakfast buffet was fresh and there was a good range of different foods.
I will definitely come back!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Gletscherblick1906, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Gletscherblick, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Thank you very much for your kind review!
We are looking forward to see you again.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for an internship at the cable car station. The staff who run the hotel are extremely friendly and understanding if you have a question or need to know something, this type of service you would only get in family run hotel. The waitress from the restaurant (closed wed & thurs) was very friendly and was nice to talk to her. The decor of the hotel in places is quite modern and at the same time in places quite dated. In places it could do with some modernizing. The bedroom I stayed in was a 2x2 single room with sink, it was very basic but suited my needs. Personally I really like this hotel and the staff who work here and I would visit again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hasliberg
2.6 km away
2 km away
Hotel Rebstock
Hotel Rebstock
#4 of 10 in Meiringen

Been to Hotel Gletscherblick? Share your experiences!