“I felt like a Masterchef judge!!”

Review of Chalet Auriane

Spacious living area Dining area
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Spacious living area
Dining area
Relax and watch the flames
Unwind in the sauna after a day's hard skiing
bedroom 2
Champagne and a jacuzzi to relax the muscles
dinner by firelight
bedroom 3
chalet staff preparing dinnerThe sauna room and the wet room are perfect to relax
And so to bed...
kitchen with watching mooses
Views from the balcony
Lounge area
kitchen with watching mooses
downstairs lobby
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
no1starga...
Cheshire
“I felt like a Masterchef judge!!”
Reviewed 3 January 2015 for a stay in December 2014
person found this review helpful

I've just returned from another trip to this amazing chalet (it is one of the very few places I would visit more than once). Since my last trip, I was really pleased to see that the chalet had not aged at all and the décor was still as crisp as on my first visit. New Apple TV boxes and a library of new films (and a new xbox) kept the teenagers happy! I was also delighted that the Chalet now uses Espa products in the bathrooms which smelled lovely.

Although we initially needed more snow, it didn't stop us from enjoying plenty of skiing and lovely lunches in La Tzoumaz and Verbier. The Capital in La Tzoumaz does the most amazing pizza and has lovely views.

However, by far and away the highlight of this trip was meeting the new Chef Nico and Karina who made our stay the best we have every had. Nothing is too much trouble for this young couple. Nico is a star in the making - his creative skills in the kitchen know no bounds and each evening I felt like one of the judges on Masterchef as I tasted all sorts of wonderful dishes - each one got 10 out of 10! I have been very lucky to eat in some of the UK's Michelin starred restaurants and Nico gave them a run fpr their money! I have never consistently eaten such amazing food and beautifully presented - well done Nico. The kids were spoilt with chocolate brownies, lemon drizzle cake and copious amounts of hot chocolate. I just felt blessed to be in such a wonderful place with my family and having such an amazing time.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Nico and Karina!
Liked least: Leaving!
Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Mimi S
London, United Kingdom
“Chef should have a Michelin star - best ski chalet find”
Reviewed 22 December 2014 for a stay in December 2014

Our flight was delayed into Geneva but when we arrived to the chalet after midnight there was a roaring log fire and a hot quiche just waiting for us. A Christmas tree glowed in the lounge and we tucked into quiche and red wine served by our welcoming host Nico and felt so lucky that we had chosen this chalet after reading a previous review.
Next day both he and Karina helped us to get out skis and lift passes and were very knowledgeable about the snow and conditions. The la tzoumaz lifts hadnt opened yet so we set off for Verbier and spent an amazing first day skiing in the sunshine. We were nervous after reading an article in the press that there was no snow this winter in the alps but they couldn't have been more wrong in Verbier but maybe that's what had kept the crowds away: the slopes weren't crowded. Went for coffee at james blunts new cafe venture and had lunch at the Dahu which was a great recommendation as the pizza was wonderful.
Arrived home to delicious chocolate brownies and then hopped in the jacuzzi drinking champagne and felt like pop stars. Dinner every night blew us away. The pork belly dish in particular just melted in our mouths and the cherry creme brûlée and profiteroles to die for. Nico the french chef is simply brilliant. It was like dining in a Michelin starred restaurant but only better as it wasn't far to crawl to the fur draped chairs for a movie after dinner. Even our children loved all the meals and especially the duck and have been inspired to arrange dinner when we get home better on the plates.There was even a turn down service . La tzoumaz has a small ice rink and you can hire the skates from Monnet sports and on Tuesdays they do a disco on ice. We had a top tip that you can leave your skis and boots over at the medran lift in Verbier for a fee but I guess you won't need that when the snows come and allow you to ski all the way down to the chalet again. We spent happy evenings playing games and watching the latest movies on the Apple TV box , it was a great family trip and a fraction of the price of a previous chalet in Verbier itself but offered top luxury. Would definitely return and were very sad to leave. Our other tip - if you have aching legs a masseur will come to the chalet and you can all share him if you book an hour in total.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Open plan sitting and dining area
Liked least: Would've liked more snow
Travelling group: Teenagers
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Bossman_M...
Manchester, United Kingdom
“FABULOUS END OF SEASON BREAK”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

Decided to take a week here late in the season but was not disappointed. I don't ski myself but my wife and two teenagers do so but this means that I need a comfortable base for myself whilst they ski. Auriane didn't disappoint. It is extremely comfortable and has excellent wifi connection which was a must for me. The views from the chalet, which occupies the uppermost position in La Tzoumaz, are amazing and I happily sat on the sun drenched veranda, sipping coffee and taking in the view. Lovely family lunches at the Dahu in Verbier are a must (I got there easily by ski bus and bubble - its at the top of the chaux chair) but there is also a new restaurant in La Tzoumaz called the Capital which does the most amazing pizza, eaten outdoors with, again that amazing view. The family managed lots of skiing and my sons particularly enjoyed the snow park in Verbier. My younger son has moved from skiing to boarding and he took advantage of the quieter slopes on the Tzoumaz side to perfect his skills! In the afternoons we decided to make the most of the glorious weather and were delighted to find a first class municipal tennis court which has to be the most amazingly located tennis court I have ever seen. Evenings were spent at the chalet with Dawn and Hugo preparing some truly delicious and memorable meals - the tiramisu is one of the best I have ever eaten and the boys particularly loved the banana fritters with toffee sauce. We'll be back!

Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
George K
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing girlfriend getaway!”
Reviewed 31 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014
person found this review helpful

We stayed at Chalet Auriane as a bunch of girlfriends and we had the most memorable ski trip ever. We chose this chalet after reading the times newspaper review. Perfect choice. The slopes were almost empty but we could ski down to Verbier for a more chic lunch or shopping and even come back by cable car on the day our legs were tired. We loved the cosy atmosphere and all the quirky touches in the chalet and can't recommend it enough. We skiied all morning and then watched movies in the afternoon. simply wonderful. The staff here are what makes it extra special, they cannot do enough, and we found ourselves with cups of english breakfast tea before we even knew we wanted them and we ate many more cakes than we planned to. The chalet owner contacted us before hand to give us information on ski lessons and transfer advice ( ski fleet were very reliable and reasonable and it was just under 2 hours from Geneva) and we organised wonderful private lessons from the Swiss ski school, the afternoon we arrived. The guides even helped us off with our ski boots !! What a service.. The  location is exceptional, 4 mins walk from the main lift!! All of our party apart from a novice skier, managed the very short run down to the lift and unlike previous reviewers we didnt mind stepping over the sledge run as you could easily see anyone coming ( although we hardly saw anyone using it during our stay).
We are coming back next year for more of Hugo's pancakes and pampering. We liked the fact that Hugo and dawn asked us when we arrived what things we most loved to eat. Nice touch.
One tip: ask Hugo about the oils you can add to the sauna/ sanarium. Makes you feel very relaxed indeed.
Being quite a fussy guest I cannot recommend this chalet more highly and simply had to write a review, something I have never thought of before!

Travelling group: Friends
gxtravell...
Gerrards Cross
“great chalet building , ski service needs improvement”
Reviewed 14 March 2014 for a stay in February 2014

we stayed as a group of couples to ski for a week in march 2014. my first impression was of a lovely spacious chalet - modern, well decorated and clean with very good spa facilities , but we were surpised from the outset that the chalet staff had nothing to say or help with skiing, and we were referred to the tourist office for information. however, the rooms were good with lots of storage space, the lounge and dining areas were very large with fabulous views, and the chalet had a private funicular from the road. when using the funicular to ski, we arrived directly at a toboggan run next to a narrow piste which was a few hundred yards from the gondola lift out of la tzoumaz. this seemed a little dangerous, and no mention had been made of the toboggan run which you have to negotiate your way across, as adults and children descend, to get to the narrow piste to get your skis on. we had had to walk 7 minutes to the village to hire our skis, bring them back up the hill to the chalet, get our own ski passes and piste maps, enquire ourselves about instruction, find our own weather forecasts every day to prepare what to wear. we had been on many chalet holidays before and had never experienced this hands off approach from chalet staff. this aspect seemed at odds with the luxury chalet offering. the food was meticulously prepared to the chefs exacting standard, and the wines were very good.
overall, this seemed a first class chalet as a place to stay, but without the expected service for skiers.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: the physical chalet in all aspects
Liked least: the service
Travelling group: Large Group
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
13 Apr 2014
At Chalet Auriane we pride ourselves on the very high quality of the chalet’s ambiance and the food and wine we serve our guests and are pleased that we didn’t let you down in this regard. We are sorry that you were misinformed by your agent that our chalet staff provide ski guiding and they have now updated their information. We have been very successful in putting clients in contact with excellent local guides and instructors and we are very sorry that you missed out on this.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing