Balito(Galatas)
Hotel Dafni(Galatas)
TripAdvisor
All reviewspool barthe busprivate poolthe main hotelbbq nightsea viewfish restaurantmain poolthe hotel receptionblue wingbuffet styleall inclusive packagebuy ticketsmy wife and i have justanimation teamfree massagedifferent theme
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I booked this hotel after reading the reviews on trip adviser. The hotel itself was so lovely very clean, nice quiet location 10 minute cab ride to town, the views from our balcony was just breath taking. The food at breakfast was good with a pretty good variety, however the evening meal wasn't that good especially if your vegetarian, a couple of evenings I could only have potatoes and salad, I had pasta one evening and thought it was vegetarian, lucky I noticed it had seafood in it. as there was no signs beside the food, when I asked the restaurant manager, any suggestions what I could eat, with practically nothing to choose from, he was most unhelpful, and said there is plenty of salad. Also the second week the the restaurant was too full, not well organised. There was a BBQ with Greek singing and dancing, that was great fun, the singer and dancers were brilliant , they got you up to dance which was fun, unfortunately when you went back to your seat the waiters cleared all your food and drink we had just poured, completely away. So 2 out of 10 for the dining staff, bar staff were very nice and helpful. So were some of the reception staff. Bedrooms 10 out of 10.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
LeptosCalypsoHotels, Group Sales & Marketing Department at Panorama Hotel - Chania, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your holiday at the Panorama Hotel on TripAdvisor and for rating our room a 10/10. We are pleased you found the hotel lovely and clean.

We aim to offer a variety for all meal time, it is good to know that you were happy with the choice at breakfast and enjoyed the Greek night, we will of course take your comments into accord with regards to further evening variety especially for vegetarians.

Thank you again for sharing your suggestions and we hope to have the pleasure of your stay again soon.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

A couple travelling, we chose this hotel for the locality and great write ups. upgraded room to sea and pool views....Wow, stunning, Pool area fantastic, reception staff, restaurant staff all very friendly, maids were lovely always a cheerful smile and hello. Food????? Ok ish, a bit repetitive and not that well signed, I wouldnt like to stay for 2 weeks, I would have to eat out a lot. Drinks????? Quite limited for All Inclusive, You can have coffee but not latte, Bellini but not sparkling wine, vodka but not bloody mary. the wine was pretty average, could have been better and the beer only soso. Saying all of this room was lovely, Greek Night was great, Animation?????? Tunisian lad tried hard, but not easy when only mini disco or Karaoke or quiz. Highlight was surprise Saxophonist, he was amazing. Would I go back????? Now, this is hard as we had an amazing holiday, If reviews changed to better choice and food and better quality drinks and entertainment, yes, Hotel is in a beautiful location, easy to get the bus either way and a superb beach within 1/2 hour walk. All in all we rated the hotel 3.5 so there is room for improvement, the standard should be the same as the pool area which is 5 star.

Room Tip: all rooms have sea view but for the wow factor go for the pool and sea view
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank anabubbles531

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review and suggestions which are very important to us. We are very pleased to know that you had an amazing holiday and to hear how friendly and professional all our team were.

All meals are aimed to offer variety and choice and there are different themed evenings arranged for guests such as the Greek Night that you thoroughly enjoyed, we have however take note of your comments and we will look into improving this. As with the selection of drinks for all inclusive guests, although sparkling wine is one of the all inclusive options so we are not sure why this confusion occurred.

Thank you for taking the time to write about your holiday with us and we do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Panorama Hotel.

Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed here end of August, and stayed in the panorame blue section of the hotel, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay, we were lucky enough to gt a room with swim up pool but I had paid fr blue section, and I didn't have to pay fr my safe, I was told because of the tour operator I had booked it with, so I didn't gt it free in one way
One or two staff need lessons in manners, however there was also some really friendly staff to
I do think communication is lacking but as fr hotel and views well what can I say but outstanding
My hubby has put his comments previous to mine
My room had adjoining doors and they weren't locked, luckily we had lovely neighbours
I would go back in a heartbeat and would recommend
Breakfast grt especially in main buffet area

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Beanie27

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and the Panorama Blue wing which offers guest that extra touch. We are pleased you were happy with your choice and that the were able to experience the rooms with the swim up pool.

Some tour operators have different agreement and if your safe was included free please rest assured that this was not priced into other charges. We expect all our staff to look after all guests and make you feel welcome and at home as this is one of their main priorities, whilst we are pleased to know that the majority took care of you we have noted your comments.

Adjoining rooms have double doors and only one door can be opened by each room, maintenance would have been called to check this should this have been mentioned whilst at the hotel, but we are pleased that this was not an issue to you and thank you for this.

Thank you for recommending our hotel and we also look forward to the pleasure of your return visit.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Stayed here for a week from 24th Sept with my sister. We had a really wonderful holiday. I agree with other comments regarding friendliness of staff: there are only one or two who are a bit sullen.
It was lovely having meals on the open patio area overlooking the sea, not sure what would happen if it rained! We took a Thomson trip over the mountains to Elafonisi, which was well worth it, our guide was very interesting, this included a boat trip to a fishing village, we enjoyed that, though there was very few shops open, but we had two ice creams each, as the packed lunch from the hotel was not very exciting.

We walked to two good beaches: Iguana beach - turn right from the hotel and walk right round the bay to the trees, near the small chapel. We also enjoyed Star Beach which is a 15 minute walk to the left of the hotel.

Only criticisms: Watered down fruit juices from a machine.
Also, we were all inclusive but could not order a cup of tea at the bars without paying!
We would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone, best view I have ever had from a hotel.

Room Tip: The best rooms are overlooking the pool and definitely ask for a sea view. We were lucky and were upgraded to a superior room, because all the normal sea view rooms were occupied and we had paid for a sea view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank swtrains

Dear Guest,

We are delighted that you and your sister had a wonderful holiday at the Panorama Hotel and enjoyed the magnificent views that the hotel offers.

The meals are complimented by the vistas and it is pleasing to know that you enjoyed all meals. The packed lunches offered to guests that wish to take a day drip include two types of sandwiches, a fruit and a bottle of water, feedback from guests directly to the hotel has been positive but we also welcome your feedback.

As all inclusive guests tea is served from the bar and no charge should have been made, they must have been some confusion and we do apologies if you had to pay. We have also taken note of the juices and we shall review the brand used.

Thank you for reviewing our hotel and we hope to welcome you and your sister for a return holiday soon.

Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

This review is based on my own experiece. I travel around the globe for more than 30 years and stay mainly in business hotels incl. the most prestigeous "Leading Hotels ". This hotel which is set up to spend your leisure time, provides excellent service within a good equipped facility and great view. Restaurant and (pool) bar serve all international food and beverages to a good standard. Service is friendly with a smile and compassion. (except some individuals in the restaurant) Good family hotel but also convenient without children and for elderly.Being close to Chania which can be easily reached by a 20 min. bus ride, is a true advantage. The 5 star rating is questionable as I never took a shower standing in my bath. My experience is based on having an excecutive room and all incl.service. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Jaap Z
LeptosCalypsoHotels, Group Sales & Marketing Department at Panorama Hotel - Chania, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recommendation and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. Guest reviews are very important to us and we are especially interest to hear from guest such as yourselves that are regular travelers.

It is very pleasing to hear that the service provided to you was of a high standard and that our staff were professional and friendly, we will take into account the few exceptions and thank you for bringing this to our knowledge.

We are delighted that you enjoyed you holiday with us and we do hope that you will select the Panorama hotel for a return visit to Chania.