All reviewsgarden bungalowvisiting aeginanice atmospheregreat hotelsmall beachcommon areascomfortmarinaathensseaport
Reviewed 10 September 2016

We were here for a drink as the weather was too warm and unbearable. We had local spirits and local bears with snacks and it was one of the best experience to spend an afternoon by the beach.

It was a pleasant experience

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank J3T22
Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

For the past 6 years, my family and I spend our summer holidays at the Hotel Brown.
We come here every year from the beginning until the end of August.
We love the spacious garden rooms under the shade of its large trees but we also love the sea view rooms from where we enjoy the picturesque sea front of Aegina town with its magnificent sunsets.
All of the different kinds of rooms that we have stayed are fully renovated and very comfortable.
But above all we enjoy the family and friendly atmosphere in this unique historical hotel which provides all amenities and comforts that makes our holidays unforgettable every year.
Everything we need can be found here, from the rich breakfast buffet to the organized beach in front of the hotel and its magnificent restaurant where you can have dinner right next to the sea.
For these reasons I was surprised when I read some unfair and unjustified negative reviews, from people that stayed in the hotel for only one night, that are not consistent with this nice hotel.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank efzyn
Reviewed 7 July 2016

Although I had booked a room through the phone and I had given them my credit card number, when I arrived at the hotel, the receptionist really made me feel unwelcome.
Upon seeing us (two males), she insisted that the room we had booked would not be appropriate for two , because it had a somewhat narrow double bed.
When I said it is ok for us, she said "but the room has no tv, no airconditioning, it is small, you will not be comfortable, why don't you walk around town to find something else?".
I had to insist further and she then proposed that we stay in another 4-bed room, which she left for a better price.
I cannot know the motives of the receptionist's behaviour. I can only say that I have never before, as a hotel guest, felt so unwelcome.
Apart from that, Hotel Brown is an old building that has seen better days. The rooms are basic and in need of renovation. I would surely not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank Leonidas K
Reviewed 28 June 2016

Ideal hotel located just 400m from the port . The accommodation was excellent, with comfortable beds(Rooms are cleaned every day) a/c, tv, fridge and best of all the big garden at the back of the Hotel ,a Little paradise ;-)

Right at the front there is a beach with sunbeds,umbrellas ,bars & restaurant .

The Staff were friendly and generous always keen to have a chat and help in any way possible.

for sure we will visit it again soon....

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank andys cygr a
Reviewed 17 June 2016 via mobile

First things first, sleep quality was excellent. Great mattress, bedding, pillow, air-conditioning, double glazing and window blinds. Room also provides a mini fridge. Everything, from the floors and common areas to the room and the amazing gardens is immaculately clean, tidy and very well looked after.

Also, very friendly, discreet and knowledgeable staff. The restaurant next door is also a must. The beach in front of the hotel offers a great point of access to the Aegean sea.

Finally, amazing sunset views through the room's windows. And all that at great prices.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple