“Memorable experience”

Sunset Caldera Sailing Cruise
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Vlychada
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Captain Yiannis and his crew will take you to a fantastic trip inside the Caldera of Santorini or to other Aegean islands!
Reviewed 13 September 2017

This was a very worthwhile experience .
Very clean boat ,fabulous staff very friendly and funny!
Lovely food on board..
It was a great day meeting other people 10 in total so very personal service.
Would highly recommend this trip.

All reviews
"great team"
"dance party"
"old port"

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

We were recommended by a friend for a sunset sail. We booked the the sail for just us for a stunning Santorini sunset in mid August. It was something!!
The views are breathtaking and the waters are beautiful, colour changing.
The two men (staff) cooked so much food, we thought it would be finger food.. it was an entire 5 course meal.. was their mother hiding downstairs and cooking the food?? It was delicious, we couldn't believe it. They were lovely and made the experience special and vey memorable for us.
Next time in Santorini, I will try the morning sail.
Don't think it's too expensive.. it is definitely worth it! Try it out and make your memories.

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

Our hotel booked this sailing trip for us. We were skeptical and thought it might be touristy. This was anything but. We had four people total on the ship. The crew was so much fun! We had the most beautiful lunch- prawns, pasta, mussels, Greek salad, etc. I've traveled quite a bit and this is by far one of my favorite excursions. And the price was right. You get every pennies worth of the 120 euro you pay! Thank you Barca sailing for the best morning and afternoon!

1  Thank Sara F
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

My friend and I booked the bout trip via our hotel, and I think this is the most amazing bout trip I have ever done so far!

Captain Yiannis and his crew Thakis were both very friendly and professional on controlling the sailing bout. It is very safe and interesting!

We had ten people + two crews in the bout. It was full but not crowd. There are plenty of space on the seat and deck. The bout was in clean and good condition, with bit of nice wood area so in feels luxury.

It you want to do more swimming, I recommend the morning one (10.30 to 15.30), you could enjoy more warm swimming, snorkeling, see the lava and fishes through the clear sea. They have all the equipments, including snorkeling tools, fins, life jackets, towels, tissues for the toilet.

Yiannis and Thakis brought us to see around the Santorini and you could do several swimming at different places. We saw the geomorphology of these islands, and also red and white beaches, hot spring, and we had dinner at volcano. The dinner was really nice, but I had a bit sea-sickness when eating - so I didn't eat everything. But the food was cooked very well! The knife and folk could be better next time, they were clean just a bit old, maybe because of the sea environment.

There will be some wakes when sailing, and Yiannis will control the direction and Thakis will take the control of the master and general sails to give us most wonderful speed and spray when we hit the wake. If you are kind of sporty person, you will like it very much! The wind is strong, so when we in full speed with the sails up, we always had a roll and a yaw angle. I think it is the most exciting part, which also it gives me more feeling about sailing technology.

After the trip, the manager wanted us to pay. Actually when we booked at the hotel, we have already give the credit card details to them, and the bank showed it had already "frozen" the mount of money. Therefore we thought the froze money would go through to Barca Sailing after the trip automatically. But we still need to pay it again. Therefore the froze money we couldn't use in the future for a period of time, and we don't know when it will be de-frozen, which requires frequently check with the bank, which we didn't been noticed. So actually I would like to give a small advise to the Barca sailing that if you could let us know more clearly in advance that world be perfect.
It actually only brought us a little bit of weird feelings, but it won't effect the quality of the trip!

I would like to express my thankfulness to all of you, that gave us such a wonderful experience! I would recommend to do it!

See more reviews
Reviewed 28 August 2017

We have spent half of our day in Santorini with this sailing cruise and this has been the highlight of our holiday. Captain Lefteris and Thakis have been fantastic, in this morning cruise (the alternative was the sunset cruise) and they have been through the geologic history of the island, how the beaches have been formed and gave us the chance to swim in all of the volcanic places available.
The boat was not overcrowded or overbooked and all ten of us had a great time throughout that morning. The lunch was great and it is impossible to see so many places in one day unless you go for something like that. The sailing skills of the crew are excellent and need to be noted that all safety measures and info have been provided in advance.
At the end of that day, I have decided to visit Santorini again and I will definitely go for the same cruise no matter what.
I had no words to thank enough both Lefteris and Thakis for this experience.