Review of Barca Sailing

Sunset Caldera Sailing Cruise
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Vlychada
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Captain Yiannis and his crew will take you to a fantastic trip inside the Caldera of Santorini or to other Aegean islands!
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and I debated taking this excursion. Glad we went.
What a find! Amazing day spent on their well-kept sailboat with an amazing crew.
Strongly recommend this.

"the galley"
"great team"
"dance party"

Reviewed 6 August 2017

I was there with my wife on our honeymoon. We thought it might be boring to go on a cruise trip but on the contrary, we enjoyed the sailing trip a lot. The crew was fantastic. The small number of people on the tour made the trip very friendly. They picked us up from our hotel and drove us back at the end of the event. The food was delicious and the smell when cooking it was great. We loved everything on the tour and would definitely recommend booking with Barca Sailing.

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Amazing lunch, all you can drink wine and beer, amazing views and great company! Very fun, relaxing day sailing the Aegean. Definitely recommend Barca's!

Reviewed 3 August 2017

We deliberated about the type of boat trip to do - old fashioned wooden boat, catamaran or this and boy are we glad we picked this one.
The transfer picked us up from our hotel on time and took us to the harbour after picking up another couple of passengers from a Winery. We had to wait for them so the other 5 passengers on the boat had been waiting for us - sorry guys. From the moment we set sail the trip couldn't have been better. The sun was shining, the two man crew were a delight - helpful and witty and the boat was great. We were offered white wine, beer or soft drinks and then we were off. The Captain pointed out the red cliffs, the white cliffs and then we anchored so we could have a swim. It was fabulous. Towels were provided as were snorkels and face masks if we wanted them.
Once on board again, the sails were raised and I have to say the boat just took off. I have never been in a yacht before and I got a little anxious - especially when there was a crash and all the crockery came flying out of one of the cupboards down below! But all was well and I figured the Captain knew what he was doing. We sailed along the Caldera and then moored in a quiet place where we could swim again if we wanted to, or just sunbathe while the most delicious food was cooked for us. Then the 9 of us sat and ate and drank in the hot sun, chatting and laughing. Honestly it was lovely.
After that we were off again to the hot springs where we were offered the chance to swim in the hot springs. More luke warm springs if I'm honest but I'm glad I did it. I'd have regretted it if I hadn't. As the sun set the crew took photo's of us and then we sailed back to the harbour with music in the background.
Honestly, if you get the chance to do this - DO NOT THINK TWICE, just DO IT!!!! You will not regret it.
Thank you for a wonderful afternoon.

See more reviews
Reviewed 1 August 2017

After so many excellent reviews, I thought it will be difficult for the crew to meet our expectations. But in fact they've exceeded it. We spent unforgetable time on the yacht. Captain Yianis and Thakis are very good people, they treated all the guests as a good friends with all respect. The dinner was very good - various and delicious. Some guests even asked the recipe of the dishes.
My 10 years old son told that it was the best day in his life (and he have been in many other places before, including Disney, Universal and etc.) So it is really unique and memorable experience.
I wish all the best to Yianis and Thakis and hope to meet these good people once again.