Okay, I've thought about this review for a while now. We stayed 19th August -2nd September. Travelled with Travel Republic, who were brilliant. Highly recommend. It is quite a long transfer to the hotel, depending upon how many other drop offs there are. We arrived at the hotel quite late, but were quickly shown to our room. A good size family room at the top of the hill with it's own private pool. There was no divide in the room, which for us was fine as the children are quite small.
The hotel is really attractive and spotlessly clean. Lots of places to escape, if like us you don't like the hustle and bustle of the main pool. Unfortunately the pools are very salty and deep as has already been mentioned. We relocated to the pool by the family rooms, the depth was better and it had its own bar and the very friendly Paulina. Yes I am being sarcastic. Still she did her job well.
The food is excellent, okay a bit repetitive, but that's expected. The food at the three beach restaurants was great, as was the service. The sweet and sour was the best I've ever tasted. Maybe the service here is better because they get tips, or maybe they get tips because the service is better. I'm not sure, but it made a nice change from the busy main restaurant.
There is something to keep most people entertained here, although as seems to be the norm for Greece all the evening entertainment is very amateur, a bit crude in parts and performed by the animation team. However everyone else seemed to love it so who am I to judge?
I think depending upon the room you get, your holiday experience would differ dramatically. I emailed before arrival to ask for a quiet room, this is just what I got, however I would not have liked to be in the main hotel. Long corridors = noise.
All in all I had a very nice holiday, not as relaxing as it should have been due to the sun bed fiasco (honestly how difficult can it be to stop this?), but still very nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Roda Beach Resort & SPA is a gorgeous all-inclusive hotel located at the northeastern coast of Corfu, a few minutes walk from the village Roda. Spread out in 25 acres of beautiful gardens, it reaches its own sandy beach and the turquoise Ionian Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Bookgreece.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, lastminute.com.au, HotelQuickly, Hotelopia, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Roda Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mitsis Roda Beach Hotel Karousades
- Mitsis Roda Beach Karousades
- Roda Beach Corfu
- Roda Beach Hotel Corfu
- Roda Beach Resort & Spa Corfu, Greece