“Nice, but very busy hotel.”

Roda Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Karousades
London
“Nice, but very busy hotel.”
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Okay, I've thought about this review for a while now. We stayed 19th August -2nd September. Travelled with Travel Republic, who were brilliant. Highly recommend. It is quite a long transfer to the hotel, depending upon how many other drop offs there are. We arrived at the hotel quite late, but were quickly shown to our room. A good size family room at the top of the hill with it's own private pool. There was no divide in the room, which for us was fine as the children are quite small.

The hotel is really attractive and spotlessly clean. Lots of places to escape, if like us you don't like the hustle and bustle of the main pool. Unfortunately the pools are very salty and deep as has already been mentioned. We relocated to the pool by the family rooms, the depth was better and it had its own bar and the very friendly Paulina. Yes I am being sarcastic. Still she did her job well.

The food is excellent, okay a bit repetitive, but that's expected. The food at the three beach restaurants was great, as was the service. The sweet and sour was the best I've ever tasted. Maybe the service here is better because they get tips, or maybe they get tips because the service is better. I'm not sure, but it made a nice change from the busy main restaurant.

There is something to keep most people entertained here, although as seems to be the norm for Greece all the evening entertainment is very amateur, a bit crude in parts and performed by the animation team. However everyone else seemed to love it so who am I to judge?

I think depending upon the room you get, your holiday experience would differ dramatically. I emailed before arrival to ask for a quiet room, this is just what I got, however I would not have liked to be in the main hotel. Long corridors = noise.

All in all I had a very nice holiday, not as relaxing as it should have been due to the sun bed fiasco (honestly how difficult can it be to stop this?), but still very nice.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank anniehinnie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (499)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Woking England
Reviewed 20 September 2012

This is my 2nd visit (also went in September last year). The hotel continues to offer good service and the food is excellent. When you consider how much it is for all inclusive, you can't expect to have everything perfectly arranged. A lot of the problems are beyond the hotel's control - and I refer mostly to the calibre of some of the holidaymakers we experienced this year. Not wanting to appear snobbish, but I don't really enjoy looking at 25stone people tatooed from head to toe, swilling the free lager from 9am until midnight, along with the ensuing loud behaviour. I felt very sorry for the restaurant staff as they were taking a lot of flak from some "uneducated" people about the toasters being slow, the lines to wait for the food, and various other small problems.
I can't agree with some of the other reviewers about the staff attitude. I guess it depends how you treat them yourself. We chatted and had a laugh with all the staff that served us, and they were truly delightful. The manager of the restaurant (George) is an absolute delight.
This hotel is in a beautiful location, and has every amenity you could want. The SPA treatment and pool (indoors) is heavenly, and I had 2 massages in the week which were superb.
I would go back, but not in season (too many kids).
The bar on the beach, along with the 3 restaurants (also on the beach) have the most wonderful views - highly recommended.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the main block of the hotel, otherwise you face a long walk to the restaurants...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Algoz66
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 September 2012

I am usually a reviewer who praises all that they can. My husband had recently lost his Mother and we badly needed a break, reasonably cheaply and if possible flying from Edinburgh. We came up with the holiday through Fleetway Travel and found their booking process easy and fairly good. We arrived in Corfu and spent two hours getting to the resort but treated that as a free tour of the villages round about. We arrived at the hotel to be told that we could not book any meals for the 3 beach restaurants for the first 3 nights of our holiday and we were only there for a week. Don't believe the review which said that slipping the reception staff would make the difference if it did it doesn't now. i had written to the resort previously asking if we could pre-book and also asking for a quiet room as my husband needed to recharge his batteries. Spiros on the desk was unpleasant and taciturn. We are polite people and greeted him with smiles and pleasure to be there but he did nothing to reciprocate.
The porter however was lovely and took us to a room on the ground floor room 313 along the corridor from the games machines. We were however far enough away not to be too worried by that. When our porter left us we opened the shutters onto the balcony to discover that we had a fine view of the back of the huge yellow flume. I went back to reception to ask if we could upgrade and said i was willing to pay but Spiros told me to come back when the manager was on duty and said anyway that the hotel was full (we discovered from others that was untrue)
We decided to content ourselves and simply closed the doors on the balcony for the week.
My husband has tablets to take as do I (we are in our 50's and increasingly decrepit ) so we looked in the fridge for water. We had no water although the booklet given on arrival said there was. There was also no can opener for the drinks from the fridge. i telephoned reception and spoke to another rude member of staff who said I would have to wait until the mini-bar man came in the next day.
I have no idea why the staff were all so difficult with a few notable exceptions especially Georgia in the restaurant ,our lovely chambermaid and Stematis in the main bar.
Some serious retraining of staff is required. The girl in the restaurant seating the guests actually waved a finger under my husband's nose . We had come into the restaurant from the entrance nearest our room which turned out to be the wrong entrance for being seated so we made our way across to be seated and stood at the head of the staircase at the correct end and waited to be seated. There was no-one else there. Another couple then came up the stairs and they were seated before us. My husband and i are meticulous about not barging queues so my husband pointed out to the girl after these people were seated that we were there first. She waved her finger under his nose and said"Listen to me you came in the wrong way and you must join the back of the queue. We asked what queue which nonplussed her as there was not one.
We were stressed after a hard time at home and needed peace. These small incidents wound us up and I realise we were strung out but the staff should be helpful.
Food was ok. The beach restaurants really very good . The staff working there always seemed to have a smile. That was what we wanted.
Plus points-the few staff who were lovely, the ice cream in the afternoon, plentiful beach beds (they have a lot of new ones) the beach restaurants and the weather which did much to change our mood about the place. Would i go back-Not to this hotel but Greece yes.

Room Tip: Try to get a family room with pool . Steer clear of the rooms making up the 300s they have a fine vi...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank 83Sue
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Had a great 7 days at this Hotel. Saw the mixed bag of comments but went with an open mind. Clean (towels and bedding everyday) pool and all communal areas were spotless. Reception area light and cool, pity the reception staff were a little grumpy. Bar staff were friendly and always happy to accomodate. Entertainment staff enthusiastic, but not pushy. We did not visit the evening entertainment as with an older daughter it was not something we were interested in. Other families, with small children who like "pier end" entertainment thoroughly enjoyed it. Visited the greek restaurant and Italian onsite. They were ok, but the hotel food was as good and you were not pestered by the wasps that seem to have inundated Corfu in August. Food in the restaurant was hot, plentiful and fresh with plenty of choice and always something for everyone. Sadly some parents did not control the children in the food area resulting in a bit of a Dodgems and nifty footwork needed to ensure there were no accidents. Overal we enjoyed our 7 day stay

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Jane M
liverpool
Reviewed 18 September 2012

i have just come back from the mitsis roda beach resort and spa and i had faboulous time there was plenty of food to choose from in the main restaurant and the 3 restaurants which were italian, greek and chinese where very nice the pool area was great there was always something going on the animation team where great very talkative the rooms were very tidy cleaners worked very hard there was always a sunbed available they had entertainment shows in the amp theatre and then they had a disco till midnight there are plenty of trips to choose from. it was just a 10 minute walk along the beach to roda town where there are plenty of bars and restaurants to choose from

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank xxcarlaxx
Also consider these accommodations in or near Karousades
7.6 km away
Grecotel Eva Palace
#1 of 3 in Kommeno Bay
25.7 km away
Corfu Holiday Palace

Been to Roda Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!