“Home for a month!”

Sand Sea Resort & Spa
Ranked #29 of 51 Hotels in Lamai Beach
Reviewed 19 November 2016

I have a very soft spot for this resort! They saw me through two moped falls and a mugging - looking after me over and above what you would expect.

The lovely, lovely cleaning lady who kept bringing me fresh aloe vera to help the wounds heal, set up special cushions so I could rest my injured leg. The wonderful receptionist who made me coffee from the machine she has just bought for herself personally. The manager who asked me if I needed money after I was mugged. Truly amazing!

I stayed in 4 different types of accommodation here during my month long stay - my favourite being of course the most expensive :-). The beautiful beach front luxury cottages are absolutely amazing - out of this world. If you can afford them, and even if you can't, stay there!

I spent the most time in the small beach front hut, which was also great. In both of these, you fall asleep and wake to the sound of the ocean - truly beautiful. They are literally on the beach - you will find many places telling you that their rooms/cottages are on the beach when they are not. These ones actually are :-). The hut is small, with a bathroom, small fridge, little terrace area, A/C and not much else - but wooden and just lovely. The big beachfront houses have a massive room with french doors, big terrace, lots of space, beautiful bathroom.

The food is good quality - I didn't have breakfast there, but did have dinner a few times and it was good. The resort is closed to everything in Lamai, literally walking distance to the night market, the day market, shops, supermarket. As taxi's on the island are exorbitant, this is great.

Overall, the resort could do with a little TLC - some parts are a little run down, but I actually quite liked this as it felt more comfortable.

Do go for a sea front hut or cottage - it really is extraordinarily special to be so close to the ocean. If you can't, it is still a great place to stay.

Thank you everyone at Sand Sea for making me feel at home and taking care of me so well!

Room Tip: Sea front! The small huts are the cheapest, sea front or not, and are great value.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Ramida P, Manager at Sand Sea Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2016

Thank you very much for your nice comments about us, Ms. Sonia. We're still thinking about you as we don't know how you are doing with renewing the passport and having to travel around without it. We wish everything goes well for you and no more bad things, so that you can enjoy the rest of your vacation.
Hopefully in the near future, we'll have an opportunity to serve you again in Samui.

There are newer reviews for Sand Sea Resort & Spa

Reviewed 27 September 2016 via mobile

Enjoyed our 7 nights stay at standard bunglow. Staff was friendly and helpful. Upgraded us to a bigger bunglow for free upon arrival. Good spot right (on the quiet end) on the beach. Only concern was that there was an empty field where garbage was burnt during the day. May get pretty Smokey sometime. Overall, for the price I felt it was a great deal!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Ramida P, Manager at Sand Sea Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2016

Thank you very much for your comments. We're glad that you like our place and will try to improve the weak point as much as we can.

Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

We stayed in the beachfront room. It has ensuite bathroom with running hot water and a/c. We were there off season so it was quiet. The staff were very friendly and breakfast on offer for a little extra is not bad at all. The pool looked a bit murky perhaps due to being off season but the sea was there anyway. Would recommend a stay especially off season.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Arushi S
Ramida P, Manager at Sand Sea Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2016

Thank you very much for your comment and the recommendation of our place. We will try to keep it up and look forward to serving you again in the year to come.

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

This hotel was very clean, great pool and friendly staff. The breakfast buffet was great, always fresh and lots of options.

I arrived solo before the rest of my friends and felt very safe. The grounds are well kept. I had a couple of massages on the beach that were amazing!

Great location!!! Quiet area with a short walk into Lamai markets, etc. great value!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mel2roc
Ramida P, Manager at Sand Sea Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2016

Thank you for your lovely comments. We're glad that you had a good time with us and look forward to serving you and your group again in the near future.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

This little Gem was located approx 200mtrs off the main road and nestled on the beach so there was no outside traffic noise.These bungalows were about 20 steps to the beach in a great quiet location, Very big clean rooms with lovely bathroom. and nice size balcony to sit on. The staff were friendly and happy, the grounds were clean and tidy with a Thailand tropical feel.. You could swim in the big pool and look at the beach or watch the sun set. Breakfast was not included in our stay but was available to us and the setting was again, right on the beach. We were also able to hire motorbikes to explore the island and a very reasonable rate thru the hotel reception. WIFI was free and fast. Will return to this hotel again

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rob K
Ramida P, Manager at Sand Sea Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2016

Thank you very much for staying with us, Mr. Rob K. We're glad to know that you've had a good time with us, and looking forward to serving you again on your next visit.