What I liked about this place was that the service was well up to par for a 3 star resort like this whether it was FO,FB,HK or Engineering. Me and my girlfriend were taken care of nicely. We had an enjoyable stay and we enjoyed our food and beverages.
The things this resort lacked to make a 5 stars review was that it lacked certain maintenance. There were long squeaks with every step we took in the room. The staff should also remind and inform their guests not to adjust their aircon below 21 degrees Celsius. As we noticed that there was an unusual lack of cool air we normally get in hotels we've stayed at in the past I went and looked at the remote and noticed that the temperature was set to 16 degrees!!! I instantly knew now that we were possibly on the verge of a room change because there was definitely something wrong with the commissar and repairing would take a very long time and we were soon going to sleep. We did not blame the staff totally, it was definitely the previous customer but still the staff should have informed them about adjusting AC temperatures to such a level. In the end we stayed in our room because the commissar wasn't badly frosted to the point of immediate need of repair. The air we got was just cool enough. The second thing was that the beach was not very clean the whole time. It was only clean in the morning but in the afternoon you could expect some filth. Also the jacuzzi in the resort's pool had tiles missing, in obvious need of maintenance and there were no functioning back massaging jets. Come on guys.
- AVOID ROOM A4 for now (the room we actually stayed in) if you weigh over 65kgs and dont like hearing bumpskeaks with every one of your foot steps.
- if you want a beachside bungalow (beside the restaurant) BOOK THEM MONTHS IN ADVANCE
- Book with them directly and ask them how new your room is in terms of general condition before you finalize your booking completely.
In conclusion, the reason we are giving this resort 4/5 is because it is based on the quality of our time there together. We felt free of stress and very happy despite the resort not being perfect. I personally think there are better obvious options of other resorts for a great memorable honeymoon. This resort is more suitable for a brief escape from everyday life.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Booking.com, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sand Sea Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sand Sea Hotel Koh Samui
- Sand Sea Resort And Spa
- Sand Sea Resort & Spa Ko Samui/Lamai Beach