Lock in great prices from these sites
FindHotel
eDreams
ZenHotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Overall a an excellent hotel for the price.

Location is very good. Right in a middle of the Lamai. All the bars, restaurants, renting places, bazaars and massage places are near. Every Sunday a night market is happening right in a door step.

Beach is good and clean. Especially in the morning it is clear as glass.

Breakfast is allright. Not much variety, but its a buffet. Fried eggs, bacon, sausages, chicken, some veggies etc.

Rooms are ok. A little old but ok. Wifi doesn't work in most of the rooms, especially on 3rd floor. Some balconies overlook the street, some the pool. Streets can be noisy, but I have never found it as a problem. Slept like a baby. Bungalows are closer to the beach, but many has balconies right on the path where everyone goes to the beach. Rooms are spacey and clean. Showers are a bit old and could have been cleaner, though. There is no safety box in the room, but there are many on reception which is a safer option imo, since they have two keys (one for you and one for them).

Hotel stuff is the best part of this hotel. They are polite, happy and allways supportive in any issue.

Wifi as I mentioned doesn't work throughout the hotel. But it works well in the lobby, swimming pool, restaurant, and the BEACH.

Swimming pool isn't the cleanest and is pretty small, but there are not many people in there. To be honest, who needs a swimming pool, when tou have a sandy beach few meters away.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Ning I, Owner at Samui Laguna Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Greetings from Samui Laguna Resort.

Thank you very much for your kind review. We will use your comment to improve our facilities and services up to the standard. We glad that you had a pleasant stay with us. We hope to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 15 June 2017

The bungalow was just a few steps from Lamai's lovely beach. The aircon makes it easy for an European to sleep. The staff are friendly and helpful. Sam Tom is good in the beach side restaurant . The pool is small but deep. Bars and restaurants within easy walking.
I've no idea what else anyone could want or expect for the very reasonable low season price.
P.S. Please feed the cats

Room tip: Bungalows are large and cool
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank philipbQ9921RO
Ning I, Owner at Samui Laguna Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Greetings from Samui Laguna Resort.

Thank you very much for your kind review. Your compliments are the great support to us. We hope to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

Friendly, honest and professional staff.Excellent location, by the beach and central in the main village. We stayed in a bungalow just a few steps away from the beach. It seemed to me that the rooms are farther away from the beach, on the road side. The beach is OK, nothing stunning but it's pleasant, fairly large, clean and the sea is good to swim. The hotel provides with beach towels and there are a few sunbeds just by the restaurant. Breakfast is good, good variety of fresh fruits and international style buffet. Excellent massage, just by the beach (recommend!). Airport shuttle (600 bath one way). Some 30 mins to Maenam Pier (transport to and from the hotel can be bought through lomprayah boat service and it's cheaper than the hotel transport), as well as to Buddha pier. 20 minutes to the airport. To note: it was the staff advising us to buy lomprayah ticket inclusive of transport, instead of the hotel transfer as it would be cheaper - this speaks to the friendliness and honesty of the staff. Very good wifi in the room and restaurant, good coverage on the beach too. Simple/basic but clean, with kettle tea and coffe, two complimetary water a day. A/C was noisy but it worked. Could definitely do better with a bit of renovation but it is very good overall. We stayed there two nights on our way to Koh Tao, and one night back, on our way to Bangkok and it was a perfect choice. I would not stay there longer, simply because I do not like Samui as much as the other islands. But would definitely go back again for a stopover.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank En30

Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

So I am sitting here in my room tonight with nothing to do because of the religious day going on so I thought I would write this review.

The good:

Great part of the island away from the noise but just a 10 minute walk left out of the hotel and you're slap bang in the middle of everything. The daytime staff are friendly and very welcoming. Beach area is nice and clean. The water pressure in the shower ( I am staying in the main building with a view of the pool) was great with good temperature controls. A.C. works good if a little noisy and the water/coffee was replenished after room was cleaned.

The bad:

I have never seen such an old television in a hotel room before, not even flat screen. I booked a double bed because I like to stretch out on vacation but instead I just had 2 beds pushed together meaning I could only sleep on one side because of the bump in the middle. The room has dark wood decor which made the room also pretty dark. Oh yeah, the tv stations had only one English channel but it didn't matter because each channel had a lot of reception fuzz anyway making it almost impossible to watch. The cleaning was not really done that well, I actually wondered if anything had been cleaned because the glass sink was always water stained making it look quite dirty ( I had a little clean myself on an area of the sink to see if it could be cleaned, which It could!) and there was water flecks all over the mirror which had never been attended to since day one. The cleaning to me, was them coming in, changing the towels, making the beds and refilling toilet paper. Also the staff changed after 10pm on the reception from being nice friendly staff, to a miserable woman who never even smiled, said hello or made eye contact, so much so, that I started taking my room key out with me on an evening so I didn't have to go near her.

All in all it has been a below par experience for me. The resort needs to take a good look at itself and some of it's staff. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. I thought that as it was low season, the resort would have the time to pay a little more attention to detail to keep it's remaining guests happy.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank swisssmoggie
Ning I, Owner at Samui Laguna Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2017

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Samui Laguna Resort.

Thank you very much for your kind review. Your comments are very useful to us. We plan to renovate our rooms soon and we will improve our facilities and services up to the standard. Once again, thank you very much for your kind review.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

I would love to award this hotel 5* as the location is perfect - on the beach, within a few minutes walk of a wide range of restaurants and, if you want it, girly bars but away from any night time noise. Also, the staff are brilliant, absolutely nothing was too much trouble and the few issues we did have were dealt with immediately and professionally.
Our pool view room was spacious and clean but very tired. There were nice touches like the provision of not only beach towels but also a beach bag, umbrellas , tissues replenished regularly, 2 bottles of water daily and the free wifi was excellent. The en suite wet room was clean but in need of updating. The room was quite dark but living on a Mediterranean island ourselves we appreciated that it helped to keep the room cooler although the a/c units were in dire need of upgrading. This is an hotel with huge potential which is crying out to be tapped.
The restaurant on the beach was a perfect location. Although not really breakfast people the food on offer was varied and plentiful, even as a ceolliac with a dairy allergy I had no problem. We did lunch there quite often and whilst not cheap the food was good.
Whilst far from the best hotel we've ever stayed in we had a pleasant stay and would certainly consider staying again should we return to Koh Samui.

Room tip: Pool view as others in main building either overlook the river/road or a brick wall.
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shirley W

Greetings from Samui Laguna Resort.

Thank you very much for your kind review. We plan to renovate our rooms soon. We hope to seeing you again in your next return.