All reviews weight loss soups liver flush water aerobics life changing experience daily massages great results personal training life style other guests fresh start steam room juices and smoothies healthy lifestyle feeling amazing felt incredibly extra activities
Reviewed 7 March 2018

I was in the New Leaf resort in february this year. It was the first time for me, doing a detox / retreat time out.
First of all, I felt really well guided through the program. The juices were fine, as well the evening soups were fantastic.
I lost 14 Kilos during my 28 days (exceeded my expectations) stay and booked an extra 12 personal trainings, that were really top.
The people working there were all very helpful and super friendly and service oriented. Always open for questions. Thank you very much ! REALLY TOP !

Nevertheless not a full star rating because:
- sunbeds and chairs in a very poor condition and partly broken
- white clothes and silicone watches get yellow / green in the pool
- laundry service (clothes return in bad condition, things look like washed already 50 times, colors are gone)

The owners plan to open / build a new resort end of this year and the willingness to invest in the current resort seems to be limited.
There is a mismatch in the price you have to pay and the current standard of the facilities.

I would always come back to New Leaf - but then - to the new built resort !

Date of stay: February 2018
5  Thank andre19742018
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Without question the single BEST thing I have ever done for my mind, body and soul. To say I “enjoyed” my stay would be a challenge, but that’s the point, it is in its very nature a challenge. I embraced my 7 day detox and lost 5kg! By far the greatest element are the people and community feel that embodies the resort. Push yourself, stick to the program, open up to everyone, embrace the change. You will not regret the results. I’m feeling amazing!

Thank you Air & Chris for rebooting my body!

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Bamboo P
Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

I did the 7 days program and was happy with the stay. The room is big, basic, comfortable and clean. There were many daily activities which kept me occupied. I like taking the daily walks in the morning. I also like the daily massages, island tour, pilates class and the cooking class. There are many shops and massage shops near to the resort. The juices and soups were tasty although I did feel a bit hungry at times. Because the resort is small, there is a community feeling and you get to meet many interesting people around the world. One thing I dislike was that there were many mosquitoes (or perhaps I was the only one who was bitten by the mosquitoes). The resort is starting to show its age hence the 4 stars. In short, I had a good experience with the detox program offered by the resort.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Ayql28
Reviewed 4 October 2017

After struggling for years to lose the extra kilos, I came across new leaf and that is exactly what it was for me a chance to turn over a new leaf. I spent three weeks there and managed to drop 11kgs. The whole team is extremely supportive and give you the tools and support you need to succeed in achieving your goals. Great location near the beach and the Lamai markets are right outside your door every Sunday evening which was good for a bit of shopping. Best thing about the whole experience is all the energy I now have upon returning back home - highly recommend it to anyone looking for a holiday with a difference and is looking to implement some change to their health and wellbeing

Date of stay: September 2017
5  Thank SamL4087
Reviewed 7 September 2017

New Leaf Detox Resort's current property is correctly rated 3-star.
However the staff and program lift this to 4+ in my opinion.
The daily program is well balanced between fixed activities (daily morning walks, aqua aerobics, colema, massage, afternoon yoga and steam room) and a rotation of activities and presentations for you to experience (Thai boxing, cooking class, Pilates, Nutrition presentations, meditation, breathing techniques, etc). There is also access to a large well equiped gym if you want to push your daily exercise further.
The low calorie meal plan does not leave you hungry ... indeed throughout my 14 day detox it was my experience and that of my fellow 'detoxers' to be 'too busy' to think about being hungry. Breakfast and lunch are fruit based juices and smoothies respectively. There are also plenty of supplements. You do however look forward to the hearty dinner time soups to give you a full stomach to get you through the night.
Daily colemas and the weekly liver flush are entirely optional, but encouraged. After my first liver flush (days 5/6) I swore I'd never do it again, but by day 10 I was lining up for a second one. Whilst I felt very sick the morning after my first flush, the next 2 colemas worked wonders in cleansing the toxins released and I felt incredibly healthy.
Although I didn't have a weight problem (I attended to combat adrenal fatigue and stress related symptoms) I did lose 6.4kg in 14 days.
Air and her staff are always on hand to guide and encourage you ... I would also recommend taking up the additional Personal Training sessions with Violetta to build strength and muscle throughout your stay ... she is a brilliant trainer for all levels of fitness and body shapes.
Thank you New Leaf ... my life is much brighter and back on track!

Room tip: C2 is a lovely solo room in close proximity to the yoga pavillion, pool, massage rooms and steam room.
Date of stay: August 2017