Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Priceline
Agoda.com
AU$39
Fully refundable before Tue, 30 Apr
No booking fees
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 February 2017

I selected the utopia as a third choice due to no availability I read the reviews on T.A and had good reviews. Karen H wrote Jan 17 great food lovely pool WHAT POOL ??? Obviously never been here. Chris M wrote Aug 16 up graded from a mountaineer view to sea view no mountain views and just one shed with a sea view out side shower no way. There must be another utopia they are reviewing .
As soon as we arrived I could see I had mad a mistake but I thought maybe first impressions can be wrong . I was given the chalet (shed) number 29 as soon as I opened the door I said no way. I requested a change I was told by the girl in reception that she would give us one of the newer chalets next day stayed the night in 29 shower toilet wash basin in a 5 Ft by 6 Ft wet room, use the shower everything was soaked no hot water, toilet door could not be opened once shut. Nothing like the professional photos on web site . Moved to No 4 slight improvement separate shower in a very small bath but hot water and you did not get locked in the toilet. Breakfast was a choice of egg with either one slice of ham or slice of bacon even the toast was not browned never bothered again ( eat outside) my partner ordered a salad ever for lunch I a sandwich she was halfway through it and found hair and I hate to say this a very small but all the same a maggot. Sent everything back . The beach is ok I know that the area had bad floods in January but the beach is covered with plastic bags cups bottles polystyrene containers fishing nets etc see photos.
The staff are faultless polite friendly helpful really nice and that is the best of it.
There are plenty of bars restaurants just outside and within easy walking. I payed 1800 baht per night I could have stayed at the Lamai wanta resort for another 1000 baht per night. I did check this place good chalets good pool and proper restaurant. They also provide beach towels also tea and coffee making in rooms none of these available at the utopia. I am sorry for the bad report but it is at it is I suppose if your not to fussy it may suit there are far better places so check them out first .

Date of stay: February 2017
2  Thank Stan L
Reviewed 19 February 2017

I stayed in this little resort at the end of January with my boyfriend, it was a really nice stay, economy resort but well organised. Under my opinion it'is the best solution in Koh Samui if you want to stay between a beautiful beach and a popular street in Lamai Beach. Very very good, (more than two stars).... hope to see you again!

Date of stay: January 2017
2  Thank FrancescaBelz
Reviewed 6 February 2017 via mobile

I have nothing bad to say at all. I stayed here 8 days after finishing a meditation retreat they also help to coordinate (it's the meeting spot). I had planned to stay maybe a night or two but it just kept stretching out! There was no reason to leave! Right on the beach, lovely people. If you want lamai beach you can't go wrong with utopia. I also stayed in 2 rooms: one super cheap and one nicer. Both adequate to my purposes, solo and w sig other.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2017 via mobile

We went here for dinner but wish we would have stayed at the resort. It is a beautiful place with stunning views and nice pool. The staff and absolutely great. The food was delicious and you can't beat the atmosphere- would absolutely recommend for meals or to stay!

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 January 2017

We checked in for 2 nights and were given an upgrade possibly, I thought I had booked the upgraded room still not sure, but very happy with the room we got. New owners now but we're very nice. Breakfast was good, beach chairs available and massages. Close to everything but nice and quiet at night.

Date of stay: December 2016