See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 January 2013

I have just returned from 2 weeks in Mauritius with my famiy. I have been holiday'ing in Mauritius for the past 20 years. I decided to try luxury serviced apartments, usually having stayed in resorts. The one I chose was full for the first couple of days, so our agent recommended that we spend these 2 nights at Cape Gardens. We arrived in the evening and were shocked when we stepped in. The place was dirty, stains on the bathmats, airconditioners that weren't properly working (a very hot muggy evening) a shower in the main bathroom without even a shower curtain, etc, etc. We were apalled and fortunatley managed to get out of there the next morning. If you are considering this place, my advice to you is to look elsewhere as you could ruin your holiday in Mauritius and it will definitley be below your expectations as the websites don't reflect how derelect it actually is...and there is a road btweeen you and the beach!!

Room tip: Dont stay there at all....
Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Viv1710
Reviewed 26 May 2012

I booked from a private renter through this website www.souslestropiks.fr and the service is completely different compare to travel agencies which are solely intended to make money. I had good communication and fast reply from the manager. A driver picked me up at the airport and he was very friendly. The pool area and the garden of Cape Garden are very beautiful. It's also a very quiet place in the north of the island.

Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank A R
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I spent two wonderful weeks in a studio at Cape Garden. Everything was perfect, starting with the transfer from the airport I had booked in advance, the driver was always on time and was very friendly. Then the studio higher-end than my expectations! A large refrigerator, a fully equipped kitchen, a large double bed and a beautiful bathroom. Every three days a maid came to clean, do the dishes and change the towels. In short, the service was perfect. I want to mention that the pool is very large and very beautiful and very friendly people. There is also a wifi area near the pool. I want to thank Tony and Ludovic who have done much to make my stay more enjoyable. I really recommand Cape Garden residence to anyone who want to spend a nice holiday in Mauritius.

Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank lonetraveller92
Reviewed 1 February 2012

I agree with other reviewers : photos on the internet do not show the reality. I could not find out whether they advertise with photos from a different hotel , probably they do , anyway, my room was absolutely filthy, small , lots of roaches . Housekeeping lets towels dry on the staircase .
Service was just not existent . I was shocked.
Stay away !

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank PeterXAus
Reviewed 13 September 2011

We reserved seven apartments for one week at Cape Gardens for Jan 2012. Our booking was confirmed and arrangements were finalised for our wedding. Soon after we were informed a mistake had been made; there was no accommodation available. We struggled to find similarly priced alternative accommodation in the same area. To avoid derailing our wedding plans, we were forced to find, book, and pay for, five star accommodation. My Villas have not refunded our money four months after cancelling our reservation. Be warned; there are more sharks on land in Cap Malheureux than there are at sea.

Date of stay: September 2011