“Absolutely Fabulous!”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 December 2016 via mobile

Been frequenting this establishment for a few years now. The thing that stands out for me is that unlike other restaurants the standards do drop,but Marco Paulo never disappoints. The food is always great. The owner-Bill is always humble and welcoming and treats all guests as if they are at his home. One of the best restaurants in KZN!

Reviewed 1 December 2016 via mobile

A local favorite restaurant in the Mount Edgecombe area. This restaurant continues to provide great service and food. My peri peri livers where superb as was my deboned chicken - excellent! Really tender and full of flavor. Corkage for my own wine was R50 which is very reasonable. Always check out the specials board as there is always something interesting to consider. Bookings are essential.

Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

PIZZA is wonderfully made and so crunchy and just so right!! Pizza at it's very best! Pizza prosciutto and rocket is a must have all the time the mozambique prawn is perfect seafood delight

Reviewed 5 September 2016

This is lovely little spot just on the edge of the Mt Edgecombe golf course. The setting is a nice laid back subtle feel, with dimmed lights and calming tunes. We did pre-book a table and got there around 6.30pm on a Friday evening and the place was pretty quiet. We were greeted by the friendly staff and was guided to our seats, the menu was vast and prices were reasonable but after reading some reviews I already knew I had to try the deboned peri peri chicken and it did not disappoint, it was really good and the portion was stupendous . The creme brulée was one of the desserts for the day and it was glorious (and I'm not a dessert person at all). The staff are super friendly, always checking up on us making sure all is well and may I also add that the service is super efficient. All in all the place has a really cool, laid back vibe going on and the food is fantastic. Marco Paulo is a definite must try, I surely will be back (their pizza's looked amazing).

Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

We had reason to celebrate with my sister visiting Durban so treated ourselves with a trip to Marco Paulo. What an exceptional meal - 7 out of 7 delighted diners. Divine melt in the mouth fillet which was surprisingly tasty with yummy Parmesan mash. Two pasta dishes were delicious - my daughters had their Nopolatana doggie bags for breakfast! And succulent prawns in the other - not too much sauce. Signature peri peri chicken proved its well deserved status and carpaccio and prawn starters-as-a-main generous and delicious. Only one regret - no space for dessert. Oh and decent wine-by-the-glass served from the actual bottle. Still don't understand why more restaurants don't do this esp with screw tops!!!!
Treat yourselves - family, business or date night. Menu and venue would work for all occasions.

1  Thank SusanS6473