“Best family restaurant !!”
Review of Vicenzos Cornaros

Vicenzos Cornaros
Ranked #9 of 26 Restaurants in Kolymbari
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

We just had dinner for the 2nd time this week ... the food is really good and the staff is very friendly.

The prices are really nice ;-)

We will certainly come back this week for the 3rd time :-)

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

We ate twice here and also had a take away pizza one evening. The food was cooked with care, skill and presented beautifully. The family are passionate about their history and this shown in their hospitality. Would recommend the Stifado, house wines and meatballs.
Give it a ago....would recommend.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

We have visited this lovely family restaurant many times and always enjoyed delicious food, always freshly cooked from local ingredients, many of which are from their own garden. Good friendly service and a play area for children. I was concerned to read the comments made about the olive oil and feel I should explain the reason for this change.

Sadly the Greek government took it upon themselves to introduce a new law whereby from 1 January 2018 all olive oil must be served in sealed, non refillable, labeled containers, not in clear glass bottles as before. Apparently this ensures better quality for consumers. (Not from my experience). Some restaurants are not complying but for Cornaros this is difficult because they are situated on a main road and therefore vulnerable to checks. I am sure Lefteris and his family would love their customers to sample their own home grown olive oil, I know I would.

The raki is served as a gift from the family, made from local grapes and always served with a desert. I know the family are keen to make sure their customers are happy with their experience and would take seriously all the comments made.

Go visit, it's worth it!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

A traditional Greek restaurant? Not compared to the other places I've eaten in Crete and other Greek islands. If you look at the menu very little is traditional, nice if you want a pizza though.
We had a Greek salad to start, nice that you can put your own dressing on but the olive oil that is given was ridiculous, have a look at the picture, are they afraid we're going to steal a bottle?
Everywhere I've been has at least a bottle on the table along with some balsamic.
Traditional sausages! Been waiting all week for these, I love them, nice there was a selection, pity that most were boring and bland. I could have put the honey mustard on them but it was something from a bottle, I'm rubbish in the kitchen but can make a good honey mustard mix and a dressing.
The chips were as pasty looking as my skin on day one and I couldn't get a cat to take one off me.
Really sorry guys you have a great location but you need to get your act together!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 27 June 2018

We have been visiting Vicenzo's for nearly 15 years and have never had a bad meal. Lefteris and his family are wonderful cooks, best Boureki in Crete. Always welcoming and very reasonable. Lovely local taverna.

Date of visit: June 2018