“Prepare to be enchanted...”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Villa Cipresso

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Harmodius
Halstead, United Kingdom
“Prepare to be enchanted...”
Reviewed 7 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017

I can't quite explain why but this beautiful villa hidden in a crease in the endless folds and wolds of Umbria has made me her helpless captive.

From the terrace I can see hilltop villages, valleys and seemingly boundless forests. I can climb above the house and stand at the foot of an ivy clad tumble-down watchtower and all I can see is more valleys, more hill towns and more space. I know I can leave, to visit the sights, to taste wine, to eat well but I just don't really want to, not today.

I want to stay here, sunning myself in the hammock, cooling down in the pool, making-do from the fridge and larder and thinking my thoughts of escape and simplicity.

We have managed to visit Orvieto, Todi, more besides and marvelled at these old, beautiful towns and we've walked the banks of the Tiber, eaten pizza in Fiore and ridden horses up to St Francis' chapel somewhere to the South. But always I want to be back here in Il Cipresso.

This is a charming place, comfortable, relaxing and peaceful. I know we have to leave but like a Lotus-eater, I'd rather think about that tomorrow.

Our host, Mario is alway attentive and has made our pleasure his business. I wish him well and I wish you find your peace here in Umbria.

CHerrmann...
Shanghai Region, China
“Heaven in Umbria”
Reviewed 25 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

An amazing place with beautiful surroundings, delicious food, and all of Umbria at your fingertips. We stayed in one of Mario's neighboring properties to this one... and I would go back to any of his houses in a second. He is an accommodating host and the houses are beautiful and well cared for. We drank cappuccino in the village every morning, visited local towns or played in the pool in the afternoon, and watched the sunset from our patio in the evening. You cannot go wrong with Umbria.

Your age range 25-34
Richard G
New York City, New York
“The most beautiful views in Umbria!”
Reviewed 17 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

The most beautiful views of Umbria! This is an exceptionally beautiful place! Our host Mario is a very warm and kind person who goes out of his way to make sure you enjoy your stay. I look forward to returning there next summer, 2018!

Nana D
“Gorgeous hideaway in the breathtakingly beautiful hills of Umbria”
Reviewed 14 July 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Located on a remote hill with a stunning view of the breathtaking landscape of Umbria, the Villa Cipresso is the perfect hideaway in Italy's heartland. The elegant and luxurious residence is fully equipped with everything one needs for a perfect vacation. One can relax by the pool or read in one of the hammocks overlooking the hillside. The three bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms are spacious and provide perfect privacy even when sharing the house. The kitchen is fully equipped and even though one is fully surrounded by nature there is a fast internet connection, a TV and telephone.
While it could be easy to loose oneself in the serenity of the place and just never leave the villa, one is still very close to the gems of Italian art and culture. Beautiful must see towns such as Todi, Orvieto, Perugia, and Assisi are just a short drive away and offer fantastic dining and outstanding cultural experiences. Me and my family would have loved to stay the whole summer and hope to come back soon.

Miroslav...
Prague, Czech Republic
“Wonderfull place”
Reviewed 11 July 2017 for a stay in June 2017

It is just a wonderfull place, beautifull villa with a very nice, romantic view of the small walley and surrounding hills. Ideal for families looking for silent place in umbrian nature. We spent there 1 week which was not enough for us. I would recommend to stay for 2 or even more weeks so you can discover the whole area and enjoy umbrian food, nature, history...one thing should be highlighted here, the owner - Mario Santoro. His helpfull attitude and personlity made our stay much more pleasant. Thank you!

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing