All reviews every meal fish eddy airbnb land accommodation fiji snorkeling
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed one week at Terry’s place and we loved every minute. We booked via Airbnb. Terry and her family are extremely welcoming and warm people. And we were treated as part of the family. The whole family made our stay something very special. We chatted a lot with her and her family and learned so much about Fiji and it’s people.

The hut is spacious with a comfy double bed and private bathroom with running water. Luxury on such a remote island. The room even has a bed bunk if you are traveling with more than two people. She also offers a cheaper dorm on a different listing.

The food was incredible and we ate every meal at Terry’s. We have not expected this. Terry is an amazing chef and let’s nobody stay hungry. Mostly we ate vegetarian dishes. Everything she prepared for us was absolutely delicious and portions are huge. The meals are rich in variety. We had pasta, rice, curry, cassava fries, stir fried noodles, Hot Dogs, fish, bread fruit, fresh fruits, Fiji pancakes and so much more. She also bakes great cakes.

The location is absolute paradise. Right at the beach where you hear the waves. We walked on the beach to the blue lagoon and can only recommend it. There even is a small convenience store just 20min away. And the walk there is so scenic.

We went spearfishing and watched a traditional dance show (if you visit on a Monday you’re lucky). You can also go snorkeling and feed fish. There is plenty to do. Our recommendation is to stay at least 3 nights.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2018 via mobile

My husband and I have had the best 7 days in our month long trip to Fiji! We are so happy we booked to stay at Vunidaka!!

We booked through AirBnB and had the best communication with Terry from the start. Her rooms are the cheapest on the island and they’re very comfortable. We had a double room with bathroom which was to a great standard. All of our meals were excellent and the portions were very big. The local dishes are delicious and Terry may even tell you some of her secret recipes!! One day we went to a catch fish together and cooked it straight away when we came back home. We always felt welcomed - from arrival and spent a lot of time with the whole family.

We spent our time playing with the children, laughing, chatting, snorkelling the famous blue lagoon, off of the beach outside terry’s doorstep too, watched the sunset from a viewpoint behind the house, watching her children fire/island dance.... so much!

We are sad our time is over and we hope we can return one day or see Terry’s family in the UK one day to host them. This is a really special place and you will be very lucky to become part of their family!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank meganbeard1991
ropate01, Assistant at Vunidaka Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2018

Vina du riki Megan, it was a pleasure having you with us. Hopefully we will have you back on the island one day!

Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

Vunidaka homestay is a perfect place to stay if you want to learn something about Fijian life and traditions. Nanuya lailai is a beautiful small and peaceful island. Terry, Eddy and their lovely kids make everything for their guests to let them feel comfortable. Food is awesome. The accomodation is basic but very clean. There is no mass tourism on the island even during high season. I‘ve been to that place many times beacause I love this family and the island. It‘s worth to travel all the way from Europe.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Caroline S
Reviewed 29 July 2018

This place took my breath away. I cannot express how kind and caring the owners of this homestay are. I was treated with the utmost respect the entire time I was there and learnt so much about the Fijian culture. The food was better than I have ever had and Terry's cake was absolutely delectable. Not to mention we had all of our meals right by the beach! My friend that I was travelling with had been coming back to this homestay for the past 6 years, and it was clear why. I can't wait to come back! If you are wanting to see the real Fiji and be surrounded by amazing people, this is the place to stay.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank IsabellaJ182
Reviewed 27 July 2018

In the last 2 years I've seen more than 50 countries in all the different continents and there is no place on earth I can recommend more than this one. I did Fiji as the last part of my world tour and was planning to see as much islands as possible, I booked for 2 days and stayed here my whole 4 weeks I had in Fiji. They have their own boat and are more than happy to show you everything within their reach. They do amazing activities and their family is great, they love what they do and are more than happy to tell everyone about their history and their local experiences. I enjoyed so much that 3 days after I left I booked another 6 weeks to go back which is going to be this September & October!

Date of stay: June 2018