1,412 results
All reviews octopus quiz night garden bure coconut bar fish local village set menu mountain hike the yasawa flyer the managers crab meal plan point bure jewelry making great beach outdoor shower boat transfer
Reviewed 10 March 2016 via mobile

Booked only a couple of days after cyclone, so weren't sure what to expect when we arrived. Trees and greenery suffered damage but bure's and main area were mostly ok. Food, snorkelling and staff are excellent. Special thanks to Jeffrey, Ravi and Caesar for making our stay so enjoyable. Can't wait until we return.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank JandJ415
Reviewed 7 March 2016

Only spend a weekend here but it was by far the best stay in my 2 months in Fiji. The resort was so welcoming and situated in the bay of the island it was never windy and the sunset was right in front of us. Absolutely stunning and the food was really nice too including breakfast. We decided to stay is a Bure instead of the dorm and I was glad of that because there were bedbugs in the mattresses so I would advise you to stay in a Bure! The reef was right off the shore too and it was the most beautiful and intact reef I've ever seen! And even if you're not a strong swimmer there's a rope out to a buoy you can hold on to if you're not confident! After a nice long day of relaxing on the beach, snorkeling and climbing up to the top of the hill to have a stunning view of the rest of the island and the ocean on the other side we went back to the Bure and the shower was partially outside so I would recommend you do what I did and turn the lights off when you shower at night so you can see the stars in all their glory! I will definitely be returning to this paradise!

Room tip: Choose a beach front Bure!
Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
7  Thank Alicia B
Reviewed 1 March 2016

The resort is part of a large group, mixed accommodation, budget to more luxurious, we did both. The top end isn't quite up to other resorts on the islands and the food is buffet style at shared tables so not great for a romantic break. However, the reef and the beach are one of the best I've ever been too so that alone makes it worth a stay. They also do yoga by the pool.

Room tip: Get a beach front room to take in the view
Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Emma P
Reviewed 23 February 2016

If you are going to Fiji, Octopus Resort on Waya Island is your MUST EXPERIENCE destination. It's just perfect - lovely resort, stunning island, great snorkeling, delicious dining. It's perfect for young couples, families (swimming pool is nice) - basically all travelers. Staff is very friendly and you will love island activities: "sunrise and sunset yoga", "kava drinking", "movie under stars" and especially "crab racing".
I have been there twice and I already jealous of your trip there:)

Room tip: Great island with great snorkeling and diving. Free kayaks, stand-up paddle boards and traditional Fijian village visits.
Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lucia K
Reviewed 15 February 2016 via mobile

Dark grey storm clouds blanketed the sky as the Yasawa Flyer delivered myself and the other new arrivals to Octopus resort in the Yasawa islands. The heavens bucketing down on us as we road in a tiny tender through pristine turquoise water to shore. Fijians sang and played the ukulele to welcome us to our South Pacific paradise. Dripping wet we sipped welcome cocktails and buried our toes in the powder white sand that replaced the floor in the main dining room, while Cesare the manager introduced the resort facilities.
I stayed in a dorm room which felt nothing like a hostel. Comfortable single beds with storage boxes, towels and bedding all included.
The food was fantastic and the menu and dining arrangements changed nightly from al la cartè to Fijian BBQ.
After dinner entertainment was always a pleasure. Whether it was crab racing, drinking Kava, traditional Fijian dancing or the bartender lining up drop shots on the bar and pouring them straight out of a scene in 'Cocktail'! The frozen passion margarita is dangerously tasty!!
Despite 2 cyclones nearby making the weather less than ideal, the resort and it's staff went well above and beyond to make sure my stay was one that I'm not going to forget anytime soon.
The facilities were impeccably clean. The beach is picture perfect and brilliant snorkeling on the stunning coral reef which lies only 50 feet away from the Coconut Bar.
Be sure to take an under water camera as even in the cyclone, the visibility was perfect!
I've already started planning my return trip to Octopus as I definitely fell in love!!
Vinaka xx