See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 May 2009

I am here to warn you now - do not go to Adis Place on Waya Island!! We paid a lot of money for a bungalow, but what we got was a dirty hut. We were told it was a 'holiday resort' but we found ourselves living in the village (no electricity) - with only 1 other tourist. There is nowhere to buy a drink (not even water), so if you dont take any with you, you have to wait until your meal times. Even then you are given local water from a tap (which made us ill)! We were excited to try some Fijian food, but chicken carcass in a curry (twice in 2 days) does not get my tastebuds dancing. Also, the donuts for breakfast and the cold porridge set off my gag reflex!
Even if you think - 'oh I could cope with that' I have not finished!! When we decided to go to the beach (trekking through a river to the only nice spot) a couple of the villagers decided to go into our room and steal money from my girlfriends purse!! We had about £100 taken from us! We asked to leave the Island as we did not feel happy or safe, and have a refund for the 5 days we would miss out on. We were told that we would have to stay for the remaining 5 days, or not get any money back. As it was about £80 a night we were gutted! The place was so bad though, so we left anyway and thought we would sort it out back on the main land . We did eventually get a 5 day refund. However, we had to go to the police station several times, make statements, and in true Fiji style wait and wait and wait until anything seemed to happen!
Aside from being robbed, this place was a rip off. To pay all that money and not even have electricity is ridiculous - every other traveller we spoke to who stayed here was in complete agreement with us! Do not go there!! There are so many nicer islands and resorts - dont even take the risk, it really is not worth it!!

Date of stay: February 2009