We loved our stay at coral view!! We arrived by Tavewa seabus directly from Lautoka port. The boat also carries supplies to the other surrounding islands so leaves at 8am sharp. On the day we were running a few minutes late but we were able to call the skipper and they very kindly waited for us and the crew were super helpful when we arrived at the port 15 minutes late!
The first thing you realise when you arrive is just how warm and kind the staff are -from greeting us on shore to making sure we were comfortable all the time, great singing and so engaging with the great range of activities they offer.
We would highly recommend the caves trip- this was the highlight of our trip to Fiji, we loved it so much we went twice! The snorkelling and the giant claims are also beautiful (and free if you have your own snorkelling gear).
Prices were reasonable, you can hire snorkelling gear and the activities are fairly priced. There is wifi but not in all the bures however we were still able to hotspot our laptop from our phones. The food is really good and not too expensive - go local - fish curries and the marinated fish were delish! There is also a bar which is handy.
Our beach front Bure was basic but comfortable with lots of space to hang out outside and on the deck. There isn't much of a beach area at the resort but there are beaches you can access on the island.
You could pay more for more luxury facilities but coral view resort is comfortable and charming, affordable and employs some amazing staff which totally keep the place alive and make you feel at home.
Vinaka to Eli and our coral view whānau, we can't wait to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coralview Island Resort is located in the secluded and serene island of Tavewa in the Yasawas, and offers an ideal tropical getaway for all travellers with its beautiful scenery and crystal blue waters. Surrounded by vibrant coloured coral reefs, Coralview marine reserve beachfront offers one of the best snorkelling and kayaking beachfront in Fiji. All Bure’s are fully equipped with full en-suite bathroom, fan, mini fridge and private balcony. Available in 10 bed configurations are the new air condition dormitories - designed to offer that little bit extra and best of all, just a few steps from the beach! Guests certainly won’t be lost for things to do at Coralview as we offer a large selection of activities such as kayaking, snorkelling trips, village visits, etc... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, lastminute.com.au, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com and Wotif.com so you can book your Coralview Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coralview Island Hotel Tavewa Island
- Coralview Island Resort Fiji/Tavewa Island