All reviews blue lagoon beautiful beach fish local village other resorts chilled holiday fantastic decision tasty healthy food cleaned every day huge deck marine park drinking kava facing the ocean sea snakes meal times are set lunch and dinner staff treat you like family
Reviewed 24 June 2018

Power is cut everyday, meaning no aircon nor fan at the hottest time of the day. Water is cut occasionally too, meaning you cannot take a shower, wash your hands or flush the toilet. WiFi available in bar area only ... when power is on !

Breakfast minimal, food correct when fish or chicken, bad when (hard) beef. Cutting power to freezer and fridge at hottest time of the day constitutes a serious health hazard. Bad maintenance on main building and bungalows. Handrails in bar area are collapsing, there are holes in the floor.

If the place is to be operated as a tramper halt, without water nor power, this must be clearly stated when advertising, and rates must be drastically reduced accordingly. This penny-saving policy makes the stay quite unpleasant and uncomfortable.

A drastic change in ownership/management must be implemented urgently, otherwise better close the place. Charging the actual rate for a no-power no-water halt is pure robbery.

Room Tip: First row on the beach
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Stephane P
Reviewed 27 April 2018

My stay at Oarsman Bay Lodge was one of the best experiences of my two months traveling in Fiji. I initially went there because I wanted a less expensive place to stay while I took a scuba certification course at Blue Lagoon resort, next door. The best thing about Oarsman were the friendly staff. Many of them live right there in the lodge and the others live in nearby villages. In addition to being available for excursions like snorkeling and fishing, and to help with any needs that arise, they often relax and socialize on the patio in front of the lodge. The manager of the lodge, Lani, was very sweet and resourceful and extremely accommodating of my special needs and requests. I felt like I made true friends with staff at Oarsman with whom I’ll stay connected. At times the lodge was pretty quiet in terms of guests. Other times it felt like a crossroads of international travelers.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank attorneyhaile
Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Awesome waters and feeling of the south pacific! Very friendly people on a very blue lagoon. Booked a dorm and got upgraded to a beach front bure. Thats was impressive. Im comparison to other resorts here it feels like Fiji is....peacful tranquil and relaxed. Together with perfect beaches and heavenly turquise waters.
Its not the newest or most up to date resort but ....... its does not feel like a managed business but beeing part of the familiy.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Southtraveller2012
Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

We spent two nights at the Oarsman’s Bay Lodge during our trip round the Yasawa’s and Mamanuca’s.

We had originally booked 2 beds in a 4-person dorm. On arrival, we were shown to a dorm for about 10-12 people. We didn’t feel overly comfortable so informed the lady and she quickly gave us an upgrade to our very own bungalow - it was much appreciated and really made our stay!

The staff here are just fantastic. Leon is a character. We did a couple of trips including to the underwater cave - well worth it!

The beach itself is like something I have been dreaming of all my life - when you imagine that picture-postcard perfect scene, with clear turquoise water, powdery white sand and lazy palm trees behind - this is exactly what you get here. On our last night, we were treated to the most incredible sunset - the best I have ever witnessed in my life - as we sat on the beach. It really was phenomenal.

The atmosphere at the hotel is great, the staff treat you like family. We sat with them all drinking Kava and singing one night - such great fun.

The food also was amazing and I couldn’t fault it at all. They bang their drum at meal times, at which point everyone must make their way to the table.

If you are visiting the Yasawas, you MUST go here. Nacula Island is one of the furthest away, but that’s what makes it what it is. Less busy than the rest, it really is paradise on Earth.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cwmusic
Reviewed 6 January 2018

The perfect location with probably one of the most beautiful beaches in Fiji!!!! We are happy that we were choosing Oarsmans Bay as our holiday/honeymoon place. Oarsmans Bay Lodge organised a wonderful wedding-ceremony with priest,choir, wedding-cake etc and organised the whole wedding registration in Fiji!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple