“Wonderful staff!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Nacula Island
Bergen, Hordaland, Norway
“Wonderful staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2012

Staying at Blue Lagoon Beach Resort was an experience for a lifetime! It is the most beautiful island and resort. I stayed in the dorm, and it is nice with air condition and flowers on the beds! The food was delicious! A lot of nice activities, such as crabracing, cavetrip, Fiji-night and survivornight etc. But it is also a very good place to relax, and they have a beautiful beach! I enjoyed the diving, especially the shark-feeding and the dive in the caves. The staff is wonderful, and made me feel so welcome! Many smiles, good atmosphere, and really good service. One of the staff even went mountainhiking with me, to search for the cell phone I had lost. I enjoyed staying there, and was really sad to leave. It is the perfect resort for the perfect holiday!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Hildegunn81

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

We stayed for six nights at this great resort and we enjoyed every day. The staff was great and very helpful. We had a lodge with shared bathroom that was basic but fine. We got upgraded to a beachfront villa the last night which they sometimes do if they have a villa available and someone has his/her birthday during the stay. The meals are also excellent and worth the FID$79,- / day.
The only thing we didn’t like was the diving. We did a dive with seven people and only one dive instructor. Normally you would have two instructors to keep an eye on people and it turned out that when we were diving he lost one of the divers. Luckily the diver was already on the boat because he was sick. But we also heard good stories from other guests so it could have been a one off. If you are a experienced diver you will not have a lot of problems if you’re not I would think twice.
But all in all highly recommended!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Thaddeus73
blbresort, General Manager at Blue Lagoon Beach Resort, responded to this review, 24 May 2012
We are delighted that this reviewer thought our resort was “great” and that they enjoyed every day with us! We just wanted to clarify a comment about the diving. This particular diver was having difficulty equalising at the first safety stop, which means he was unable to continue the dive. He indicated to our Dive Master who went up to the surface with him and our boatman picked him up. The Dive Master then continued with the dive with the rest of the group. The diver was not lost at any time! Hopefully we will see this reviewer back at Blue Lagoon to enjoy the many amazing dive sites around the island.
White Rock
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

I loved everything about it. The beach is gorgeous, the ocean is clear and pristine, and there is good snorkelling directly off shore. The resort is first class in every way. The food is excellent, and as a vegetarian I was treated like a queen with special gourmet vegetarian dishes. The managers Justin and Mel are wonderful, friendly and helpful at all times and the Fijian staff is fantastic. Many thanks to Marika, Tim, Luke, Vatili, Ma, Kara, Vi and all the others for their warmth and hospitality. I loved the village visits, ceremonies, markets, Traveller's Tea Shop on the other side of the island, in-house demonstrations by locals of bracelet weaving, making coconut roti, and learning all about the many wonders of the coconut tree. Thank you Blue Lagoon for your dedication to raising funds for education on the island and your sincere support of the Fijian community. Vinaka vaka levu for a perfect holiday. SALLY

SALLY

Room Tip: I stayed in a beautiful garden villa with a private open-aired bathroom. It was absolutely perfect...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Sally G
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

my husband and i spent our third wedding at blue lagoon beach resort and were nothing short of blown away by the experience. to begin with, on arrival, an upgrade to an newly built beach front villa (at no charge) was just the beginning. the food was some of, if not the best we had while in fiji, fresh vibrant food with daily specials to keeping you excited about what will be on the menu the next day. an amazing cultural experience with nightly activies and themes involving the local community, we did and saw amazing things from hiking up a huge mountain and swimming in a fresh water cave in the middle of the ocean to understanding and seeing what this resort gives back to the community, to keep such a remote and amazing precious peice of the world available to us. all in all a great mix of relaxtion and unwinding to fun and adventure.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sarah w
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

I initially had a 3 hour layover in Nadi on my way to SYD from LAX & once I stumbled upon BLBR I decided that I was going to experience Fiji!

The Blue Lagoon Beach resort was by far the best place I've stayed in ages...better than anywhere in Europe, US, & Mexico. I stayed in the dorm & it seriously felt like it was too good to be true. Let me tell ya, now that I'm in OZ...I miss it everyday!

"Southern Hospitality" is seriously put to shame with the Fijian hospitality I experienced. We were greeted by everyone on the island with an honest "Bula", & plenty of smiles!

We did the hike up the mountain & although it got a little warm (I am a mess in humidity), it was well worth it.

I met several wonderful people traveling at the BLBR that had come from other islands and they all voiced their regret in wasting time at other places. Luckily, we stayed at BLBR the entire time.....we didn't have a want or a need the entire time during the week. I had never snorkled before in my life & this was a great place to start!

If I told you this place was a MUST DO, it would be the understatement of the century...words cannot describe how much we miss this place!

Top to bottom this place is CLASS! From the meals, to the staff, accomodation, to beach...this place is perfect for a party of 1, a few friends, families, or a couples holiday.

Room Tip: If you are looking to keep it on the cheap...we learned that the dorm accom. is the only until with...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
22.7 km away
Yasawa Island Resort and Spa
Yasawa Island Resort and Spa
#1 of 1 in Yasawa Island

Been to Blue Lagoon Beach Resort? Share your experiences!