See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

According to Ving this is a 4 star hotel. It's not! Room/apartments is ok, but don't expect good breakfast, Wifi, service, warm pool, nice surroundings... The hotel reach no more than 2 stars. We moved to another hotel after just two nights.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Northstorm
Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

A clean, nice, good, new, and ner to The beach. Strongly reccomend a wisit on this hotell, feels like youre on a good vacation. Almost beside a Nice clean beach, dont make The stay a bad choice at all!!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Gianluca B, Manager at Aparthotel Por do Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

Magnus
nice to heard those nice words, thanks from all staff and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

I had a awesome staying! The room was exactly the one we booked with a gorgeous ocean view, the personnel was really nice specially this tall guy called Andrea always able to accomplished our requests with a smile upon his face. The breakfast was great too, this hotel has brought a lot of Italian culinary culture in one of the most beautiful places on the world. I would suggest it to anyone.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2017

I have just been here two days, but the extremely friendly staff made me feel welcome immediately.
I don't eat gluten, and they offered to go and buy special breakfast just for me, and I said that this was ok for me as it was. The Italian owners speak lots of languages, and are very friendly, making you feel at home. They asked if I'd prefer a king suite but without kitchen, and I said no. But they keep offering things to make you feel at home, which is very rare.
Por do Sol complex is not big, so you get to know everyone.
There is fast wifi in reception, that is open 7 am-7pm. In the night, you can just sit outside and be online.
It's facing the incredible beach and is a 15 min. walk from the town of Sal Rei. Taxi is 2-3 euros into town. You do not need to change money, you can use euros. Prices of food and eating is little higher than Gran Canaria. Sal Rei has no supermarket, but there are a few ok places to shop, espacially in the city centre, including a small market. The feel, temperature and amount of waves of the ocean is the best I have ever experienced. I do not understand why there are just 1-7 people in a paradise beach of 2 km. For me it was a gift, that it was not as other crowded places I have been to. The local people are very friendly, and all feels authentic. This is by far the best place I have even been on vacation to. But if you want lots of taxis and discos, it might not suit you, as there are just 5 taxis on the island and no discos (as far as I know). I am so happy I found this place.
It reminds me of Playa del Ingles on Gran Canaria, just that wether was 4 degrees warmer, water was 5 degrees warmer, and it is not crowded. So for me this is many times better than Gran Canaria. But we are all different, this was just my opinion.
Freddy, Stockholm, Sweden.

Room Tip: I had B1, and it was fantastic.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 September 2016

Could not have asked for a better apartment although thsi one was not self catering it was furnished to a very high standard and had a well appointed shower room separate bedroom and living area. Plenty of hot water. Had to ask to get a kettle. Pool bar open in morning only where the breakfast was eggs, fried, scrambled, or poached. plus ham and cheese and variety of yogurt pots. Toast and jam. The nearest place to eat was a small pool bar 100 metres up the road then a cafe that was ll before the town centre 1000 metres away from our hotel. Sal Rei has no Restaurants of a European standard only cafe style food. However there are some lovely quant beach bars to hang out in during the day. Taxi was 3 euros to the beach. Food and drink is slightly more expensive than UK

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Gianluca B, Manager at Aparthotel Por do Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2016

Hi Roger,
I' m glad you enjoyed the Traveller Suite and thanks for the nice review .
Hope to see you in season (winter) to test our sunny winter weather
Ciao