“Average”

Atlantic View Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 9 Liscannor B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

This BandB does not quite live up to its name. It has a view of a very small section of the Atlantic. It was adequately comfortable but the extra duvet was a little musky. We had to choose our breakfast before we went to bed which, while convenient to our host, wasn't so much for us. We also were not at all impressed with the breakfast offered or provided; the bread was cheap, old, and in places, with mould. The butter and preserves were all in individual plastic packets and while I am sure this keeps the cost down, does little to give the feeling of a homely experience. This BandB wasn't terrible, but it certainly was not good. It had the distinct feeling of a place that no one came back to.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
rocco010, Owner at Atlantic View Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

In response to your comments on your recent stay in my B &B, firstly I am sorry that you appear to have had such a poor experience. I endeavour at all times to ensure that my guests have the best experience possible and that their time with me is enjoyable.

Because of this, I feel that I need to correct a few points made by you. Firstly, regarding my B & B not living up to its name of “Atlantic View”. I don’t think anybody could dispute that there is a view of the Atlantic from my house! In fact, the view of the Atlantic can be seen on one website and speaks for itself. It is one of the things my guests are most enamoured with. If you can recall you arrived much earlier than you intended. You contacted me on a few occasions regarding arrival time. It was supposed to be a late arrival i.e. 11 p.m. but then you decided to change the arrival time as the weather conditions were extremely bad, maybe that particular evening prevented you from seeing the view.

Secondly, regarding the “musky” smell on the extra duvet? It was actually a new “Throw” that was stored in the closet. I have checked this “Throw” thoroughly on foot of your comments as I would be genuinely horrified if my cleaning standards were inadequate. I could not get this “musky” smell and can only assume that you did not like the brand of “FABRIC SOFTNER” used on the duvet that was on the bed. I would of course have offered you another duvet if this had been pointed out at the time.
Regarding the breakfast – the reason for pre-ordering breakfast is that many of my guest request breakfast from 7 a.m. or earlier and this ensures that all their needs are met in a timely fashion.

I can also assure you that I buy my bread locally each day and it is most certainly not a “cheap” brand. I am aware that fresh bread can, on occasion, have mould on it due to being packed by producer while still warm. As I was already aware of the possibility of this happening, I always try to ensure that all bread is checked before serving. In this instance, I do apologise if bread served to you on this occasion had some mould. Since reading your comments, I have contacted the manufacturers of this particular bread and received the following response:

“Unlike other brown breads on the market we do not add any preservatives to our bread, and so in times of warm weather, as has been the last few weeks, it is more susceptible to accelerated mould growth.

In addition, Irish Soda Bread, has a high alkaline value making it more susceptible to mould growth. We do not add any citric acid or vinegar to prevent this”.
The reason the butter and preserves are individually packed is purely for hygiene reasons. This also allow me to offer a wider selection of preserves. Having worked in this business for quite a number of years, I have learned that my guests prefer it served in this format. I can also assure you that it definitely does not cut down the cost. It actually increase the cost for me.

Contrary to your final comment, I am pleased to state that a large number of my business is repeat. I, of course, always welcome constructive feedback and continually strive to ensure that all my guests have a pleasant and
enriching experience in my home.

May I also add that you got a much larger room than you reserved at no additional fee.

Reviewed 17 June 2017

If you're looking for a 'hotel', this isn't the place for you. Mary invites you into her home and makes you feel at home.
Our room was compact but spotless. There are no tea/coffee making facilities but Mary makes it clear that you can ask 'anytime, it's no bother'.
The views are spectacular, even in thick fog! It's a perfect spot for the Cliffs of Moher.
Remember, you pay in cash, card payments are not accepted.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Claire M
Reviewed 15 June 2017

The landlady, Mary, was very hospitable and helpfull. Gave is good tips and advise on several things. We stayed in a cottage behind the mainhouse, which was actually fit for a whole family. Spacious and neat. The serounding is stunning. Tip: get up early and take a walk on top of the Cliffs nearby! Amazing!!!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maureen v
Reviewed 7 June 2017

My sister had stayed at the Atantic View B&B once before and just had to bring the whole family back during our trip in Ireland! Such a sweet little yellow house situated on top the rolling Irish coastal hills and the sweetest couple, Mary and Donal, to welcome you in! We were perfectly taken care of and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The location is wonderful - a 20 minute walk to the Cliffs, a five minute drive into the nearest village, and a dreamy, peaceful farm landscape all around.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

This was the perfect spot for us to explore the area. We wanted to hike the Cliffs, see the Cliffs from the ocean, golf, and relax in the countryside. Mary was extremely warm, welcoming, and knowledgeable about the area. She even called the golf course for us and made an appointment on the day of! The breakfasts were filling and delicious. Coffee and tea were offered on multiple occasions and it seemed like she was always available to help. There is plenty of parking, it is a very close drive to Cliffs, Doolin, and Lahinch. Our room was on the smaller side, but there was enough room for our two large suitcases and the bathroom was fine. The only suggestion that my husband had would be to have wash cloths (but neither did our other bnb) There were large bath towels and hand towels though! Overall, we would definitely stay again. We loved it!!

Stayed: May 2017
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liscannor
2.8 km away
6.2 km away
Wild Atlantic Lodge B&B
Wild Atlantic Lodge B&B
#3 of 17 in Lahinch

Been to Atlantic View Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!