We have stayed at an Elite Island Resort in Tortola but wanted to try a new island and checked out the Verandah on the web. It all sounded quite good and we just got back from a week's vacation. The resort is a bit out of the mainstream of activity on Antigua but that also meant that it was a bit secluded and private. We rented a car so we could go off site and we did a few times.
The employees at the resort were about the most friendly, accomodating and helpful as any place I have been. They became people we recognized and had conversations with. Everything you could possibly want (including great ice cream to cool off with) was there. The three restaurants offered different levels of food and I have to say that dining at Nicole's (the top level) was a great experience. The food in all three was very good and the menu choices were varied for all tastes.
Our room overlooked their private beach and the ocean and the location to the beach, restaurant, guest services (where tours, trips and various days journeys can be arranged) and the pool was great. Just a few steps away. They keep the grounds, pool area and beach area extremely clean and orderly. Every morning I noticed that someone actually raked the beach to make it neat and clean and the beach chairs were all lined up in very neat order, until everyone got down there and rearranged all the chairs only to be straightened before dinner time. We WILL be returning, no doubt about it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Verandah Resort & Spa is a world-class all-inclusive resort overlooking the crystal blue Caribbean waters of Antigua. Perfect for couples, friends, families, honeymoons, and weddings. Guests love the resort's friendly, romantic atmosphere, with lots of activities for adults, teens, and children--not to mention our Two White Sand Beaches!The Verandah's four restaurants, four bars, four swimming, including the largest freeform freshwater swimming pool in Antigua. Activities include hobie cat sailing, kayaking, swimming, snorkeling, pedal boats, supervised Kids Club, 18-hole miniature golf course, and much more.Indulge at our Spa Tranquility, featuring a wide array of massage and beauty treatments, or enjoy a workout in our air-conditioned fitness center.We look forward to having you as our guest, and thank for your choosing The Verandah Resort & Spa, Antigua. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your The Verandah Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Verandah Hotel Saint Philip
- Verandah Resort And Spa
- Verandah Hotel St Johns
- Verandah Resort All Inclusive
- The Verandah Resort & Spa Antigua/Saint Philips