The Verandah Resort and Spa is excellent. The rooms are spacious but not luxurious. Large bed, good-sized bathroom and shower, large balcony area. Small kitchen area with fridge, sink, coffee machine, toaster. Iron and board supplied also. Take some ear-plugs as the noise of the crickets will keep you awake!
The food at all three restaurants is very good. I recommend eating at Nicole's at least once, it is worth the extra $25pp. Seafearer is also very good. The buffet food in Seabreeze was also better than expected. Breakfasts were especially good. The snack bar by Lovers Beach also served good food (burgers, chicken, fish & chips etc). Drinks at the beach bars and restaurants were also good. Bottled beer, decent wine, branded and local spirits etc. If lounging on the beaches or at the adult pool, you simply help yourself to a drink from a large ice-box. Easy as that.
The two beaches at the hotel are both very good. Lovers beach is bar far the busier of the two. The other beach was pretty much deserted when we stayed and we often had the beach all to ourselves. The adult pool is also very quiet. Both pools have plenty of loungers but not a lot of shade which is essential as the sun is very fierce in Antigua - be careful! The beach at Long Bay is incredible - please go and visit. It is a five-minute walk from the hotel.
Also be sure to go to Devil's Bridge (10 min walk). The waves are spectacular!
The staff at the hotel deserve a mention too. They were very helpful and friendly.
Few tips. Get money from the ATM at the airport as there are only a few ATM's and most are in St Jonh's. Money is dispensed in EC$. Make the most of the watersports that are on offer. The sea is wonderfully calm and crystal clear. Bottled water is very expensive at the hotel so either pick some up in the village. To be fair, the tap water is very good. Newspapers are also expensive but the internet is readily available.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Verandah Resort & Spa is a world-class all-inclusive resort overlooking the crystal blue Caribbean waters of Antigua. Perfect for couples, friends, families, honeymoons, and weddings. Guests love the resort's friendly, romantic atmosphere, with lots of activities for adults, teens, and children--not to mention our Two White Sand Beaches!The Verandah's four restaurants, four bars, four swimming, including the largest freeform freshwater swimming pool in Antigua. Activities include hobie cat sailing, kayaking, swimming, snorkeling, pedal boats, supervised Kids Club, 18-hole miniature golf course, and much more.Indulge at our Spa Tranquility, featuring a wide array of massage and beauty treatments, or enjoy a workout in our air-conditioned fitness center.We look forward to having you as our guest, and thank for your choosing The Verandah Resort & Spa, Antigua. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Booking.com, lastminute.com.au, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Verandah Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Verandah Hotel Saint Philip
- Verandah Resort And Spa
- Verandah Hotel St Johns
- Verandah Resort All Inclusive
- The Verandah Resort & Spa Antigua/Saint Philips