“We Might Relocate To CocoBay”
Review of Cocobay Resort

Cocobay Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bolans
Reviewed 21 February 2013

My husband and I were married in New York, a few days after Hurricane Sandy. We had booked our honeymoon, at Cocobay Resort well in advance, and did our research before we went. Our wedding went off with some minor problems, but looking back (a whole four months later) our honeymoon was absolutely fantastic, everything we dreamed of and more.

Upon arrival, we were greeted with friendly smiles and some yummy Rum punch (which we became addicted to after 6 days of being in the beautiful Antigua). Oneal, the manager is awesome and the staff is amazing. Welcoming and so helpful.

We had booked a Seaview Pool Cottage, "OL" and it was freaking incredible. So private, romantic and just all around amazing. The entire resort was breath taking. Luxurious, clean, and we were super pampered from the wonderful staff at Cocobay. My husband and I enjoyed the couples massage on our porch which was OUTRAGEOUS!! , and on the last night of our stay, a nice surprise was waiting for us in the room when we got back which we LOVED (don't want to spoil it for any other honeymooners out there)

The food was delicious, no complaints from us. We stayed six nights, I'm pretty sure I had lobster 4 of the 6 nights (by choice of course) and I was in heaven.

As I started earlier, I did my research before booking and read that people had complained about mosquitoes. My husband and I did not find it to be buggy around the resort, but we had went around the island on excursions, and one night we went into town and I did have a little issue with the mosquitoes, so just be sure to bring some bug spray and your set to go!!

Our overall experience was phenomenal at Cocobay and we cannot wait to go back ( we were even considering relocating and trying to make a living in Antigua!!) !!

Thank you Cocobay for the best honeymoon experience ever. We love you guys!

~The Daddona's
Honeymoon Trip : November 3, 2012

Room Tip: Seaview Pool Cottage OL !! Private, gorgeous, luxurious !!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Erica D
Write a ReviewReviews (2,367)

Reviewed 19 February 2013

This is, without a doubt, the best Caribbean vacation I have ever had! I'd never done an all-inclusive before, despite constant urging from family. But this resort is ANYTHING BUT Sandals or Beaches.

Talk about service... Oneal, the manager, met us on our arrival and was available at anytime throughout our stay. But we never needed him! His team, which he constantly praises, are top-rate! From Duane who showed us to our rooms, to Denise at the restaurant and Vincia at the pool bar, they are all the most friendly and accommodating people I have ever had the pleasure of staying with.

The rooms were absolutely magnificient! Ours was a Waterfront Suite...well worth the extra amount. The view was spectacular! I will endeavour to stay in the WD suite every time I return to Cocobay. And I will return!!

For a holiday that will be unbelievable, unforgettable and one that I bet you will dream of for a long time after leaving, go to Cocobay. It has a family run atmosphere and, believe me, after a short time, you'll feel like they are all part of your family! Many of the guests there were repeat visitors and, like them, I plan to go back again. It was heavenly!

Room Tip: I liked WD....try for it. Unless I am going that week!!
3  Thank CAPNBEN22
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Arrived home last night from my vacation in Cocobay. This Resort was absolutely incredible. We stayed in an ocean front cottage. The Bathroom was a little dated, however it all stops at that point. Our room was kept spotless. The staff was simply amazing. I'll begin with the manager Mr. O'Neal, a true professional gentleman who goes out of his was to ensure your enjoying Cocobay. From him on down, I have never been to a resort that treated me as if I was part of family. Cocobay makes it personal. The bartenders left me speechless from Oriel to Saskia, and the others not mentioned, I'll like to thank you all. The food was delicious and appealing, unlike the other all inclusive resorts I've visited. My deepest compliments to the Chef, Kitchen staff, waiters and waitresses, top notch. In regards to safety, while at the beautiful beach one day during the week, another guest was on the small catamaran and flipped over quite a distance out. Within seconds, a staff member named Robert dropped everything, pulled a kayak off the beach and was out to the guest in lightning speed. Cocobay is everything I've been looking for in terms of tropical vacation. As many other guests, I will be returning as often as possible. Thank you all, for a wonderful time. Looking forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Ocean Front
3  Thank ramm88
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Cocobay was delightful! It's a small resort that 100% caters to the guests. O'neil is the resort manager. I have NEVER been anywhere that has a more visible manager. He was there when we checked in, greeted everyone at breakfast each day, was making rounds of the resort and would always stop for a quick hello or a chat. It was really nice knowing that if you needed something they were there to make it happen.

While the resort was absolutely great, the best part is the staff. They really made the visit! By the first day they knew who you were, what you liked to drink, where you were from... they took a personal interest in the people staying at their resort. It really was a pleasure staying there, you could tell that they liked working there, and really did like their jobs.

Melissa's your girl if you need anything from the front desk! Kerry-Ann rocked breakfast service, Oriel makes a mean mojito for cocktails before dinner- All the staff there was absolutely top notch! Vincia, though, really went above and beyond. She is awesome. Vinci treats every guest like a friend and really made our stay special- she made the BEST drinks down by the pool every day!!

The rooms are beautiful, there isn't a one that had a bad view. We ended up having to fly in a day early because of the snow storm pounding the east coast and they were more than accommodating by getting us a room for the extra night. They knew all our details and had an awesome reception for us when we arrived. We stayed in cottage 15 the first night- amazing view of the bay!! We moved to LC the next day for the remainder of our stay, even better view, if that's possible!! We had a party of 3 couples and every cottage had a perfect view of the ocean. Both rooms had plunge pools, which really added to the view but we didn't ever get in them.

Lets talk about food, since everyone else is too! My only piece of advice is to be sure to make your dinner reservations before breakfast each day. It seems like people are early risers here, and the first thing they all do is rush to reception to get their name on the dinner list. The times are great (6:30, 7:00, 7:30, 8:00, 8:30, 9:00) but if you have a preference, get there early! We made that mistake one day and ate at 8:00...which isn't bad, but we were all tired from our hard day of lounging. We found the 7:00 dinner was perfect, you were done eating around 8:30-9, and honestly we were ready for early bed time the whole week we were here.

It was a terrific vacation. We miss waking up to sound of waves and warm island breezes. Since my dad picked the resort, I think it's safe to say he has redeemed himself from The Cedars. (If ever you've stayed on Granada...you may know what I'm talking about)

Room Tip: They are all good, but if you can, shoot for an Ocean view or Ocean side room
3  Thank NYHilly
Reviewed 18 February 2013

We recently returned from a fortnight stay at CocoBay. It is set in the most beautiful surroundings overlooking miles of turquoise ocean through swaying palms and banana leaves. Accommodation is in wooden plantation bungalows each one separate and very private. Bed is comfortable, mosquito nets are clean, and bathroom supplies are generously replaced each day. Rooms are cooled by overhead fans and the comfortable balconies equipped with a hammock and two sumptuous reclining chairs. Food is excellent - buffet style for breakfast and lunch, waiter served four course meal in the evening. Food is fresh and tasty, menus are innovative and varied and the house wine served as part of the all inclusive deal is fine. The hotel staff are wonderful - cheerful, professional, helpful and always so friendly. Only one small gripe - Wi-Fi connectivity at 60 US dollars per week is overpriced.

Room Tip: Don't bother paying for a plunge pool. The views from all sea view rooms is equally good.
3  Thank Alan J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bolans
14.5 km away
7.6 km away
Galley Bay Resort
Galley Bay Resort
#1 of 1 in Five Islands Village

Been to Cocobay Resort? Share your experiences!