Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 August 2015

This was my second visit to Papa B's Inn and Restaurant. My family and I took a short weekend vacation here in the month of June 2015. This little trip was a much needed time off for us to rest and relax plus it gave us the opportunity to spend some quiet family time alone and I must say that my kids had lots of fun.
Mr. Blackman, the owner, was very hospitable. He check in on us periodically to ensured that we were okay and didnt need anything and he ensured that we knew what was on the menu at the restaurant. The staff there was very courteous and helpful in the services that they provide.
The room was cozy, clean, welcoming, air conditioned, comfortable and wifi was available. I got some rest while the kids played in the yard and at the pool with their father.
I must complement Mr. Blackman again, for affording my family that little time that we certainly enjoyed and I am certain that we will return to Papa B's Inn and Restaurant because while we were leaving, my kids ask us when will we be coming back to our second home.

Room tip: Rooms upstairs have the best view
Date of stay: June 2015
2  Thank 113Archie
Reviewed 19 March 2015

My boyfriend and I visited Papa B's Inn & Restaurant on February 14th 2015 to celebrate Valentines Day with some close friends of mine. Papa B's was hosting his first Valentines Day Dinner Party so we decided to go and be a part of the celebrations.
It was our first time there and on entering the compound I was very much impressed at the warm greeting I received firstly from the hostess and the serene, romantic atmosphere that greeted me. I was surprised at how neat and lovely the surroundings was kept and value that I received for the money spent to have dinner there. The food was local and compliments to the chef, it tasted delicious.
I was also surprised when I met the man that I spoke to over the telephone to make my reservations. He is a busy body, helpful and hospitable little man. I will definitely recommend Papa B's Inn & Restaurant to everyone who wants to experience the sweetness of Tobago.

Date of stay: February 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank 113Archie
Reviewed 10 December 2014

My first little vacation with my mom and daughter this weekend was fun and relaxing. I have been to a lot of places around the world and this place Papa B's was my little home away from home spot to just relax. The owner of the place Papa B is very helpful in any little problem you talk to him and he will attend to you like family. The service is very good, the food, people on the compound friendly always with a smile. The room I was in had a smart TV ,Wi-Fi fully air condition, Kitchen and two beds, the only thing you must have a car to go certain places which is not to far like the mall or to the movies, gas station and any other place like the beach or something other than that I recommend Papa B's Inn.

Date of stay: December 2014
4  Thank Anthony C
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My family and I stayed here for two nights and it was very nice. There were 9 of us and none of us have ever heard of this place in Tobago. We planned to leave the next day if it wasn't great, but the second we walked in our room we knew we weren't leaving. It was clean, AC and wifi. The pool area was nice to relax near, and the water was nice and warm. In the morning we went to get mangos off of the tree, and Papa B has vegetables growing around the place. It's not near the beach, but there is a shuttle that is very cheap.Great place to stay if you don't mind not being near the water. Also there is a "restaurant" that serves breakfast and lunch/dinner.

Room tip: Take a tour with Hans!!
Date of stay: July 2014
6  Thank travelingsarah1
Reviewed 14 December 2013

So, I have been to Tobago many times and I have stayed in a few places. I heard about Papa B's because my sister stayed here in the Spring. I knew I was coming to Tobago quite some time ago so I called to book in the Summer. I booked a room and finally it was time for my vacation in December. I let Papa B know when I would be landing from Trinidad and he sent someone to come and pick me up at the airport. I will be honest and say it was definitely farther away than I thought it would be. But now that I've been settled in and about to leave it really wasn't so bad. I stayed here for a week and really enjoyed it. So, this Inn is based in Canbee and it's a 10 minute walk to PennySaver Grocery and a 10 minute walk to Lowlands Mall. There is WiFi on the property but if you don't travel with a laptop there is a little internet café on the main road that's about 5 minutes up the road (the same direction you would walk to PennySaver it's in the same building where there is a computer place and dry cleaning) I have bad knees and can tell you that I didn't mind the walk to the grocery store or to the mall and I took it a few times. You can also catch a local taxi quite easily just across the street from Mall. For tourists who have never taken part in this ritual...just cross the street at the lights and stand on the side of the road...the cars that are taxis will honk and you just wave and get in. You will be sharing with other folks and the cost from the Mall to Store Bay is 4 dollars. Or maybe it was 6 dollarsTT not American if someone tries to charge you that just let them know you pay in TT. From Store Bay I actually got someone to bring me back to Papa B's for 8 dollarsTT. So sometimes you can ask and they might go a little bit off route for you.

So, here's the thing with Papa B's, it's pretty quiet and comfortable. I stayed in a Studio Apartment equipped with a bed, small closet for clothes a kitchen table and 4 chairs, a bathroom with shower stall, a TV a full kitchen with a big fridge, microwave, stove, and even an ironing board and iron. There is also a futon couch in the living room in case there is another person that is staying there. The cost of the room was 350TT which was just over 60.00 a night in Canadian Dollars. These prices may change depending on the number of people staying in the room or whether it's high or low season.

There is a lady right on the property who cooks breakfast and lunch everyday. Just let her know what you want. I had bake and saltfish a few times and the fried fish and garlic bread and salad the night I checked in. There is a pretty good variety and the prices are also very reasonable for the meals as well. There is also a convenience store right on the property for water, juice, munchies and household needs etc. and surprise surprise a Pool in the back! This is a nice added touch and it's a bit surprising because you don't think a pool would be there.

I travel on my own a lot and can say that as a woman travelling on my own I really liked staying here and will definitely come back. Papa B is very impressionable and nice and you can just let him know what you need and he'll work it out for you. My room was pretty basic, but I also got to see almost all of the other rooms and they each have their own style or some rooms can accommodate more people. There is also a washer on the property that you can pay to use and a clothing line in the back to hang your clothes.

I was here for a week and it has a really nice homey type of feeling. So, I recommend Papa B's

Date of stay: December 2013