“Sunshine fusion”
Review of Sunshine Fusion

Sunshine Fusion
Price range: USD 0 - USD 16
Description: Located in the stunning coastal area of Poste Lafayette, Sunshine Fusion oozes sophistication and class and serves up the best range of dishes to suit every taste. The food will take on the fine dining element showcasing local produce with a mix of old and new techniques using worldwide influences. Creating a unique dining experience and one to fondly remember is in our team's DNA.
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Delicious food for snacks/lunch/dinner/take away. Kids enjoyed their pasta. Friendly owners. Service was excellent. The toilet was clean. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

Nestled on the windy roads near to where we were staying during our trip to the stunning island of Mauritius, we happened across an unassuming, island style restaurant aptly called Sunshine Fushion.

I decided on this spot thanks to a recommendation from my girlfriend's folks to commemorate the eve of my departure and our 'last supper'. I didn't think much of the place when we passed it several times on our various excursions each day, but then, appearances can be most happily deceiving!

Upon our arrival, we were greeted by their entire team, including the owner Anwar, and Chef Chris. They both inquired about our day and trip so far and I casually mentioned that I had celebrated my birthday the day before. After exchanging pleasantries, they escorted us to our table with carefully adorned patterns of sesame seeds, collections of shells and fresh flowers, each seat with its own set of cutlery, plates, glasses and an ice bucket on the side for the champagne we brought with us - we were allowed to drink our own alcohol with no extra charge!

There was no one else in the restaurant when we sat down at 7pm on a Tuesday night (mind water was cascading down from the heavens as it does on occasion in Mauritius), but Chef Chris stood by our table and walked us through his recommendations, listening to our feedback and what we may be hungry for, and we settled on the chicken and fish curries with rice and round bread similar to naan, a taste of authentic Mauritian/Indian cuisine.

The evening got underway and I was just blown away with how extremely attentive/accommodating the staff were, and even though we were the only people there, I got the feeling that all guests were treated with as much reverence.

After a 2-3 glasses of champagne (who counts in anyway) our bounty arrived, and let me tell you, it was plentiful. We proceeded to gorge ourselves on a mass of succulent chicken pieces covered in a mild curry sauce that was not too overpowering, complimented especially well with the bread and a few more glasses of the good stuff. The fish proved to be equally as tasty, and the only fault I could find with it, was that there were a few too many bones, but then, that's fish for you!

After we finished (devoured) the main course, we turned our attention to the dessert menu, and Anwar convinced us with little effort to try out the Coconut/Vanilla blend ice-cream with glazed bananas. I mean, why quit when you are ahead?

But, Anwar was yet to show his sweetest side. Once our dessert was laid out in front of us, the lights cut out and sounds of a modern rendition of "Happy Birthday" filled the restaurants modest speakers, and a chocolate cake adorned with just enough candles to befit how young I felt at that precise moment was ushered in front of me.

The staff all came out to wish me a Happy Belated Birthday, and that they felt they just had to make up for not being able to wish me well on my special day. They proceeded to take pictures of our group and me blowing out my candles like that little kid I still feel like today.

The entire evening was quite remarkable and the hospitality shown was out of this world good. Anwar and his team have so much passion and love for their undertaking and the guests who frequent it. The food was utterly superb, the atmosphere casual and relaxed (what more could you expect from a local island pitstop) and the cost well below anything else you'd be splashing on in a restaurant that simply looks the part.

Sunshine Fushion truly punches well above their weight, and I'll certainly think twice before judging a restaurant by it's unassuming appearance again. In the end, the experience is not so much the place as it is the people who make it something to remember.

1  Thank DewetB9
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Called in for some lunch with family and were pleasantly impressed with the staff and selection of food on the menu. They were very friendly and very attentive, even to the placement of condiments placed on the table. The meals were very tasty and the portions were big. We had to take some home! Would definitely go again.

sunshinefusion, Owner at Sunshine Fusion, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Dear Valued customer,
It is indeed a matter of pride for our entire team to be cherishing a review that oozes of immense praise from you. We would like to say a MEGA thank you for giving us even more reasons to keep up the good work. We have a very good variety of dishes on our menu including Fresh Octopus and Fish (Grilled, Curry, Ginger Fish, Vindaye and many more). We would love to welcome you back again very soon and we promise to deliver yet another outstanding service along with mouth watering dishes.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

We planned to visit this roadside restaurant which we had passed a few times to enjoy some local food. Great for lunch, a good selection of dishes on the menu, clean, friendly and attentive. Food was freshly prepared and plenty of it, prices reasonable. The only downside was not being able to order wine or beers with our meal. Also offers a takeaway service. Would go again.

sunshinefusion, Owner at Sunshine Fusion, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Dear Valued Customer,
The entire Team of Sunshine Fusion is thrilled to hear your amazing review regarding your experience with us. It is very encouraging to be praised at such heights and it means a lot for us knowing that we are delivering a great service and quality of food at very reasonable prices. We do not currently hold a permit for selling Wine or Beers but we are so confident at what we do that we guaranty that anyone walking through our doors will leave here having spent an UNFORGETTABLE and EVER CHERISHING MOMENT OF THEIR LIVES.
We simply just do not TRY our best....WE DO THE BEST

We hope to have the honour of welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

We spent an incredible evening with the team from this unique Mauritian restaurant. Chef Chris allowed us the privilege of learning to prepare the three course meal using fresh local products. Starting with gently seared Salmon rolled in parsley followed by delightfully spiced chicken curry. The fresh fruit and ice cream desert topped off a wonderful evening with the entrepreneurial owner Anwar and his team. We will be returning for an evening to prepare the unusual local vegetables and fresh fish. A memorable treat that we will share with family and friends when they are in Mauritius. A 5 star experience in this gem of a restaurant.....

sunshinefusion, Owner at Sunshine Fusion, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

Dear Valued Customer,

Admittedly, I am lost for words in how to say thank you for all the positiveness in your rating and most importantly the extra motivation and encouragement that you have instilled in us. Your visit simply gave us the chance to shine and promote this concept of LIVE COOKING where we cook your dishes right in front of the customers and also share our expertise while allowing customers to participate in the process.
Many tourists are fascinated to discover the wide range of vegetables that our little island has to offer and We invite our customers to grant us the pleasure in sharing our Mauritian culinary experience LIVE with them.

Thank you once again and we await your next visit with the utmost impatience.