We just spent 3D2N at a Sri Panwa pool villa and the villa lived up to everything we expected - huge private space, gorgeous infinity pool and you get to wake up to a panoramic view of the beautiful sea. However, the service at Sri Panwa needs some improvement - when they are charging this price.
The check-in process was slow and we had to ask to have our arrival drinks served - which wasn't a terribly warm welcome. We tried their Thai restaurant (Soul Food) on our first night and found it to be overpriced and the food was very average - our pork curry was a pot of sauce with a few pityful shreds of pork swimming inside and despite requesting the dishes to be "not spicy", they all came too spicy for us to enjoy. We also tried to ask the front-desk staff (there isn't a dedicated concierge) to recommend a restaurant in the Patong area and he had to go away and consult his colleagues for 15 minutes - only to tell me that "there are many many choices there and you can take your pick". Breakfast was also disappointing - despite operating a "tick from a list" system, they still managed to mix up the orders - My husband's omelette arrived in the form of two ugly poached eggs and we had to wait around 20 minutes for them to arrive. The eggs benedict also came with this weird vinegar-y garlicky sauce instead of hollandaise.
The positives of our stay were that all the staff were welcoming (though not terribly experienced or competent) and the sound system in the villa really rocks.
I do hope they will improve their staff training as it would otherwise be a great waste of this beautiful property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sri panwa is a luxury pool villa hotel located on the southeastern tip of Phuket. We are a mixed development,housing both one- and two-bedroom hotel pool villas and a selection of larger, distinctive residential homes.Hidden in more than 80 rai of undisturbed rain- forest and overlooking the Andaman ocean from more than 60 meters above sea level, our villas are truly spectacular creations. Each villa has been custom-designed to suit the topography of Cape Panwa. Many of our villa possess both sunriseand sunset views over the glistening Phuket. Hotel villas are completely private and very sexy, with infinity-edge swimming pools wrapped seamlessly around glass-enclosed bed- rooms. Wake up next to your companion, open the glass sliding doors and dive into the pool for a short swim - maybe at the outdoor sala where breakfast awaits. In the mood for a romantic evening? Order dinner in the villa, cozy up your partner on your sprawling sofa-bed and let our state-of-the-art entertainment system take over. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Sri Panwa Phuket Luxury Pool Villa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sri Panwa Phuket Hotel Cape Panwa
- Sri Panwa Cape
- Sri Panwa Hotel Cape
- Sri Panwa Phuket Luxury Pool Villa Hotel Cape Panwa