All reviews bedroom villa washer and dryer steep walk breakfast burrito ping pong smeg fridge full kitchen manager mark giant chess golf buggy bonfire night banana bread well equipped kitchen dive grenada hill overlooking rum punch main building
Reviewed 25 April 2016

This winter we decided to get away from the cold and visit the spice island of Grenada in the Caribbean. We have been to several lovely islands and they all have their gorgeous golden beaches and turquoise sea but the hotel we stayed in was exceptional in the kindness and friendliness of its staff. The hotel is situated on a hillside above the wonderful Grand Anse beach and accommodation is in little one and two bedroom villas scattered in the colourful gardens with a kitchen, sitting room and balcony looking out across the bay. we were there with friends so had a two bedroom villa. my husband is not very mobile so i was worried about him getting up and down from the villa to the main building where the reception, pool, dining room etc are located. Walking down through the lovely gardens was not a problem but the paths are steep and he could not have managed. Luckily there was always a helpful member of staff who took him in the buggy and also ferried him to and from the beach which again is a short walk down a lovely tree lined path through more gardens. We were also shown around the vegetable gardens where everything for the restaurant is grown by the enthusiastic gardener. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff, endless smiles, everyone knowing our names immediately and just going out of their way to make our stay happy and memorable. We went on to another hotel on Bequia which was also lovely but not in the same league for service and smiles.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joanna N
Mark K, General Manager at Mount Cinnamon Resort & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2016

On behalf of the team I would like to thank you for posting a review.

It was great to know that you enjoyed all areas of the resort, but particularly pleasing that the staff made such an impact for you. I certainly believe that they are our best asset and they all take great pride in their work and enjoy setting a fun and relaxed atmosphere, while providing good professional service.

We hope to see you again in Grenada and at Mount Cinnamon.

Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

The hallmark of this place is the friendly staff, who make you feel welcome and call you by name. The villas and rooms are on a beautifully landscaped hillside. Each is differently outfitted. We had a bedroom, two baths and a living room, a kitchen and two patios on two levels. The views from the villas are of the bay and residential lights in the distance--they are special. The beach is amazing--fine white sand and clear blue water, 2 kms long and uncrowned during our visit. There is a casual restaurant at the beach. The pool near the lobby and restaurant is fine, just not the high designer type. So, I would say that this is a really comfortable place--not flashy or outlandish. You want to write a review on your first day there, but you just relax and settle in and wonder why you booked a return flight.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Mark K, General Manager at Mount Cinnamon Resort & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2016

We so appreciate your comments and to know that we set an atmosphere that relaxes you on day one- just perfect.

The team here understands the importance of how special vacation time is and we focus to ensure all aspects are in place for our guests to take advantage of these services and facilities.

We aim for friendly, professional service in a relaxed atmosphere.

Cancel the return flight I say!

Best wishes.

Reviewed 23 April 2016

We've just returned from Mount Cinnamon and enjoyed a superb 10 days. Our villa was fab, great views, well appointed and a real bonus in having a kitchen too! The beach is beautiful and the cabana atmosphere makes it one of the best places to chill on Grand Anse beach - plus having Wadel or Cedric on hand to just whisk you off to a reef when you fancy a bit of snorkelling was superb . In fact , all the staff are so helpful and friendly, the restaurant is great and the service in general, exceptional. I can't think of one reason not to return. Thank you Mount Cinammon for making our holiday ! Tina and Pete

Room Tip: Villas with a view are lovely but be prepared to walk up a steep incline!
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Mark K, General Manager at Mount Cinnamon Resort & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2016

Thank you guys for being with us. All of the team enjoyed meeting you and seeing you each day around the property.

Thanks for taking the time to post this review and I have shared your feedback with all the team. Its also very satisfying for us when we meet and exceed guests expectations.

Hope to see you again and best wishes.

Reviewed 22 April 2016

It's not the über luxury that perhaps I had expected, but as soon as you enter the property and are greeted warmly and taken to sit on one of those amazingly bright turquoise or lime-green sofas you know you're 'home'. The resort seems more like a private villa complex, with quiet a small pool by the bar (but who needs a pool when you're at one end of Grand Anse Beach?)

We had a wonderful two-storey villa, with a bed so high I felt I was a child trying to get in - flowers littered the place, very large sitting area with well equipped kitchen, and two large bathrooms.

Savvy's beach bar, restaurant where you hang out if you want to sunbathe and/or use the waterfront activities did some great food.

But best of all is the hotel staff. Each one would introduce themselves by name; it was authentic - it all adds up to one great management team, I think.

Tasty and well-prepared food, elegantly presented, both at the beach restaurant, Savvy's and also up in the small main terrace restaurant.

Room Tip: Loved the villa - that's all I had experience of.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your Mount Cinnamon experience .

We are certainly pleased that you enjoyed all areas of the resort and we were able to set that welcoming and relaxed atmosphere combined with professional service .

The team here understands what we are aiming to achieve and each one is passionate about their Island and the resort. Many thanks again for your comments here.

We do hope you will have the opportunity to return again soon.

Reviewed 22 April 2016

We spend a week at this wonderful resort and thoroughly enjoyed every minute. I'd have to say the best part is the staff. All professional and all friendly. I felt like I made seven or eight new friends over that week and I looked forward with talking with every one of them. I have to point out that Carlene was especially helpful in locating an old friend whom from Grenada whom I had not seen in 26 years! We were on a tour of the island (arranged by her) when the driver's cell phone rang. He handed the phone to me and it was Carlene telling me she had found my friend (after several days of trying). Talk about going the extra mile! The room was beautiful (very comfy bed) and we loved having the fridge to keep vegetables and fruit. ,The food was excellent (we ate there most nights) and Grand Anse beach was fantastic! Also enjoyed Saavys for drinks and lunch! It's pretty small so it is easy to meet people. We miss Thomas the resident cat. I would return to this resort without a second thought.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family

On behalf of the team, I thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay.
Thank you for mentioning our amazing staff who enjoy their work and take personal pride in the resort and looking after each guest individually. Carlene does a terrific job for us and I am so happy she was able to re connect you with a long lost friend. Grenada is like that !

Karim and the team in the kitchen were also very happy that you enjoyed their offerings and we all look forward to your return trip to Grenada and Mount Cinnamon.