All reviews la luna plunge pool our honeymoon yoga pavilion outdoor bathroom balinese massage deluxe cottage the cottages meal plan italian food private beach open air romantic getaway mosquito netting laid back fresh fish day bed
Reviewed 16 September 2010

I just returned from my honeymoon at Laluna. I want to cry when I think about it. Grenada is a nice island, but I chose the wrong hotel. The service was abominable. It wasn't just mildly bad; it was awful. I have traveled all over the world and stayed in many different kinds of hotels and I have never regretted my choice of hotel more than this one. Vacations will come and go, but I will only ever have one honeymoon and the horrible service and complete lack of attention to detail at Laluna ruined it. The staff seemed completely untrained. For just one example of the poor service, I read in the guide book that most restaurants are closed on Sunday, so we asked at the front desk whether a certain restaurant would be open. We were told that all restaurants in Grenada are open on Sundays, so we showered, dressed, had the front desk call us a cab, and paid for the cab only to find out that the restaurant was closed. Then, when we returned, instead of an apology or perhaps reimbursing us for our inconvenience, they laughed at us. All of the staff stood around by the bar and laughed at us. Obviously, they should not have been standing around chatting at the bar anyway, but to laugh at a guest is inexcusable. My honeymoon was ruined and I will never get it back.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
19  Thank puppy1095
Reviewed 1 September 2010

We stayed at LaLuna for 8 nights on our honeymoon after an intrepid week in Venezuela. It was a surprise for my new wife so the pressure was on to deliver something special for the second week. LaLuna did not disappoint!
We were met at reception and after a brief, painless and friendly check-in our bags were whisked away to our room and we were given a tour of the hotel from which you realise what a wonderful setting you are in. A small quiet bay with sunsets to die for and no other hotels. The hotel is small and quiet so you feel totally cut off from the world.
Arriving at our room the decor is cool and the cottage, No. 6, which in our view was the best, is set slightly away from the others with no path for people to walk past on. The veranda has a view of the sea that is framed by the trees which makes it feel even more secluded.
The place is just relaxed - if you want something you ask for it, simple. If not, you are left completely to your own devices and can do things at whatever time you wish.
The food is great and the most sensible thing I've seen at a hotel for ages are their hours - breakfast from 7.30 am until 2 pm which is ideal as you don't feel you have to rush down for breakfast especially if its included in your package. You can have a leisurely late breakfast and maybe a snack later, but when you are lying in the sun sipping rum punches all day you can just wait until dinner time. Between the two of us we ate everything on the menu so if you are looking for something a bit different you can stroll 100m down the beach, to the only other sign of life in the bay, to The Beachouse which is also very good.
I think some people may arrive expecting something more like a large resort where there are dozens of people waiting around to do something the moment you move which can be a little overbearing. LaLuna is about doing what you want, when you want, all in secluded and relaxed surroundings where you totally unwind.
In summary we loved it. Thank you LaLuna!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Radfordihno
Reviewed 1 September 2010

Excellent in all respects. Roomy cottages, beautiful pool and beach. Superb Service

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2010

My husband and I just returned from a week stay at Laluna~ This is my first post to tripadvisor, but felt I needed to sing their praises... It is a very unique place on a beautiful island. The people at the hotel, as well as the island were so welcoming. The beach is lovely and exactly what we needed. This is their rainy season so mosquitoes were a 'small' issue, but easily remedied with spray and the coils provided in the rooms. The food....every meal, every time...was excellent. This property is so blessed to have such an incredible chef....and I seriously mean INCREDIBLE. I love the fact that it was all on our own time frame (our first day we were so exhausted from work that we slept til noon, was able to get breakfast no problem). This week was exactly what we needed. Thank you all for such an incredible experience! Lisa & John

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lisadanette
Reviewed 3 July 2010

My husband and I decided to treat ourselves for our honeymoon- and I’m sure the memory of this hotel will last forever! We stayed in a hillside cottage, which was a bit further up the hillside, but allowed for a more dramatic view of the ocean and sunsets.

We went to the spa for a couple’s Balinese massage (which came with our Honeymoon package) which was pure bliss in an Asian styled spa, with the two messeurs directly from Bali, which gave the Balinese massage the authentic touch.

We had a candlelight dinner on the beach, hearing the waves gently rolling ashore, and the Italian chef making sure that everything was to our liking (how could it not?) we felt like we were getting married again!

Overall- the hotel was fantastic, the beach was gorgeous the perfect place to relax and enjoy the warm balmy Caribbean, with a sky full of stars, perfect for a romantic getaway.

Not only would we recommend this place to anyone, we would tell them it is a must if they could afford it, the perfect holiday!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple