All reviewsla lunaplunge poolour honeymoonyoga pavilionoutdoor bathroombalinese massagedeluxe cottagethe cottagesmeal planitalian foodprivate beachopen airthe beach house restaurantromantic getawaymosquito nettinglaid backfresh fish
Reviewed 19 October 2017

we stayed for 4 nights in the ocean front villa, steps away from the ocean. it was very nice but not too fancy. the staff was very attentive and fun to be around! we highly recommend La Luna, and found it to be as advertised, except for water and the view, it was better! the food at the restaurant was REALLY good, fresh fish everyday!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Street N
LalunaOwner, Owner at Laluna Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are so thrilled that you had such a wonderful time. We look forward to having you with us in the near future. ciao

Reviewed 24 August 2017

Laluna, was absolutely beautiful with very friendly staff!

$105US that ends at 5:30- but you get two meals, two cocktails, non-motorized watersports, a half- hour massage, so great, and yoga class.

The hotel grounds are very romantic, and only cottages and cabanas, so no large hotel building. It was lush and green and very off of the beaten path. Would go again if possible!

Room Tip: Romantic Getaway Off The Beaten Path
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank TamaraN607
LalunaOwner, Owner at Laluna Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at Laluna. We look forward to having you with us in the very near future.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

I paid 600 for a night here. I notice it is cheaper on other days. I would definitely not come back at that rate, possibly half that rate. I did enjoy the snorkeling and the restaurant is nice, but I guess if I didn't pay that much for what I got I'd be happier. I didn't think it was worth the price I paid but definitely give it a shot if you can get it much cheaper.
I also advise against them calling a cab for you. It will be significantly more expensive and the money does not even go to the cab driver (who are local drivers). They charge it to your account and give him a fraction. I was not happy with that. Finding cab drivers is easy once you're at the airport, they all have their own cards. I've been studying here for 1.5 years, calling a cab this way is safe and efficient.

Stayed: October 2016
4  Thank B B

Dear guest,
We are happy that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. Just to clarify on your review: you did not pay usd.600 for one night at Laluna, but usd.332 plus tax & service for the room. Then you used the restaurant, bar and the spa and the total of your bill was usd.600.
We do not take or get commission on taxi fares. We advise our guests who arrive at the airport that there are plenty of taxis at the arrival wing of the airport and it costs usd.25 to come to Laluna, but if you want us to arrange a taxi to wait for you, with a sign with your name on it it will cost usd.39.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

We booked this trip on a whim. My husband and I had never been to Grenada, but we've always enjoyed a quieter, less fussy getaway. The grounds of the hotel are beautiful and natural. When talking with locals outside of the resort, they all commented on how impressed they were with Laluna's willingness to keep the older trees on the property. The location was tucked away, but only a 10-15 minute drive to the airport and St. George's. The staff was pleasant, and always ready to assist or answer questions. Our cottage was comfortable, clean, and the outdoor bathroom and shower were a treat--especially when coming in from the dipping pool. Every sunrise and sunset was more beautiful than the next. The food was superb, and aged-rum martini is a must for guests to try! We spent our time at the resort taking yoga classes, kayaking, and reading on the beach. We loved so much, we plan to return to Laluna!

Room Tip: We were happy to take the steep steps to our room. Be sure to ask for a room closer to the beach if you have issues with mobility.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank eschuetze2017

Dear guest,
We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us, and got to hang out with the locals, all part of the real Grenadian experience.
We look forward to having your stay with us in the very near future.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

After tucking away an article on Laluna for several years, my husband and I finally visited during August, 2013. The food, the staff, the cottages, the sights and sounds of the seemingly private ocean setting and incredibly clean beach...we were hooked! Every subsequent New England winter, we would tempt each other with emailed photos of our prior visit, until, at last, we were able to visit again this past April. We will not wait as long to return, and we have vowed to be Laluna Lifers! We, too, have never tried to recreate a travel adventure, but this place has a magic that is irresistible.

We chose to stay put during this trip. The relaxation that granted us actually made the trip pleasantly different in its own way. We kayaked and hunted for sea glass; we slept late and ate more delicious food than we should have. We were treated both like royalty and like old friends by the staff. Yoga with Faye was divine, and we enjoyed live music at the bar with a very mellow-but-happy happy hour crowd. Snorkeling to view sea life was easy and rewarding; watching the sunsets....ahhhh.....those sunsets.....

A few details to note...the mosquito net works great, if you happen to be there during a buggy spell. We visited during two different seasons, and we were never disturbed during the day, with only one or two outside the netting in the room at night. The room and closet are generous! Do not hesitate to ask the staff questions; they genuinely want your stay to be incredibly satisfying. Drying wet clothing is a snap, because the bathroom is open to flowing air. The robes are a good weight and come in really handy. I am fussy about using organic/natural body products. The shampoo and soaps provided fit the bill, so I will never pack mine again. My husband is never fussy, so he says, "You go, Girl."

What we will do differently next time? Return sooner! Book more days!! (first 3, then 5, maybe 7 next?) Take some money when we kayak to the next cove, so we can have a drink at one of the restaurants there. Skip the meal plan, so we can eat larger meals mid-day and lighter in the evenings on occasion, if we choose. (We will still eat too much, because the food is incredible!) Visit the spice market each trip - the prices are phenomenal, the spices are very fresh, and they make excellent gifts! Pack less and a smaller variety of dinner clothing. Take a second book to read. Try a different cocktail each night. Hire a fishing boat, so the chef can cook our catch? Log more hammock time. Download my photos the minute we return, because I lost my phone and all my pics within a week, but what a great excuse to return sooner than later, right?

Room Tip: No room is a bad room.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank BohemianWay
LalunaOwner, Owner at Laluna Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Dear Laluna Lifers,
We are so thrilled you got the vibe about Laluna on your first visit and decided to come back again, with plans to return often.
Thank you for posting such a wonderful review on Laluna's trip advisor page. Love how you gave such good hints for future guests, of what to do while staying at Laluna and inspiring those who are hesitant to book.
We look forward to welcoming you again in the very near future.