All reviews la luna plunge pool our honeymoon yoga pavilion outdoor bathroom balinese massage deluxe cottage the cottages meal plan italian food private beach open air romantic getaway mosquito netting laid back fresh fish day bed
Reviewed 27 May 2011

Traveled to Laluna with my boyfriend from May 6th to 11th and had a fabulous time! We purchased a package on Luxury Link that included breakfast, dinner, an activity, and massages for two. It was definitely a good value given what was included in the package. The staff were incredibly hospitable -- everyone was so friendly and accommodating, especially Tracey, Brendan, and Lennox. It was refreshing to be around people that truly cared about your experience.

The hotel can arrange activities for you to do outside of their grounds -- one day, we hiked to Seven Sisters (would recommend this!) and the next, we took a day trip around St. Georges. If I were pressed to change one thing, it would be to have more choices for food. Though the onsite restaurant served great Italian food, you can only have it so many times. We found out on our 3rd night that there was a good restaurant (Beach House) just within 10 minutes walking distance -- I would definitely recommend this.

Rooms were spacious, very nicely decorated, and clean. Plunge pool was a plus. The pool was perfectly nice and warm and the beach, though a little wavy, was private and quite lovely to take a dip in as well.

I would highly recommend Laluna -- We had a fantastic time and would absolutely go back and next time, for much longer.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kawti
LalunaOwner, Owner at Laluna Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2011

Thank you for your review of Laluna, I will definitely pass on the 'thumbs up' to the staff mentioned in your review. We are very fortunate to be able to work with a staff that is mostly local, as the Grenadian people are indeed friendly and accommodating.
I will address your suggestions with the Italian chef, and maybe you can test it out for yourself in the future.

Reviewed 10 May 2011

My husband and I spent a week in Grenada on the resort's dive package and had an absolutely wonderful time. I am a very type A American and initially was a little nervous after booking as the resort seemed to have a very laid back style and I was a little worried that some details might slip through the cracks. All of my concerns were without basis as the staff were absolutely amazing to interact with. They were extremely attentive to all our needs and yet were able to accomplish this without displaying any stress. Their relaxed yet efficient style rubbed off on me in record time and for the first time in years I was able to completely unwind on this vacation. Although that was an achievement in itself, its even more amazing considering that my husband and I opted to undertake some additional dive certifications and spent a reasonable chunk of time "studying".

Although the staff deserve recognition, I also want to comment on the beautiful accommodations and stunning setting. The resort looks just like the pictures - lovely little casitas tucked away on a hillside on a secluded and pristine beach with very swimmable, rolling waves. We have made a point of staying at high end resorts on our vacations (Amanyara, Kona Villlage, etc), the setting of La Luna really is without compare. Although I was a little apprehensive when checking in re: the open air bathrooms, I grew to love those as well as they worked so well with the setting, the feel, and clearly the climate.

The dining was amazing as well - a foodie's delight. Chef (as everyone calls him) was incredibly attentive and he went out of his way to accommodate any request that we made. My mouth is watering as I think of his freshly made pasta, succulent sea food, and the freshness of the ingredients.

Finally, we had the good fortune of meeting the most wonderful guests when we were there, which really made La Luna stand out above all other resorts. I recognize that not everyone who books a trip to Laluna will have our good fortune, but given the frequency with which our friends return to their favorite destination, I can only hope that they will be given the opportunity to meet such wonderfully fun people.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank EBRJDR
LalunaOwner, Owner at Laluna Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2011

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your 'Laluna Experience'.

Reviewed 8 May 2011

LaLuna is a magical place. There are no other words to describe it (although I will attempt to come up with some!). The service was great, beach beautiful, atmosphere very casual and laid back, and the owners, Bernardo and Wendy, are charming. The Italian chef, Daniele, is very charming and accomodating. For example, one day we asked if he ever makes conch fritters that night he came to our table and advised they would be available as an appetizer or main course.

We had a room at the very top of the resort, which meant climbing a steep hill, so we took all our stuff with us when we went to breakfast, and from there, spent the day on the beach, or lounging around what I would call an outdoor living room, with lounges, comfy chairs, and settees. We climbed up the hill when we weredone for the day and that was quite a hike, since we are not exactly in the best of shape. We were hot and sweaty by the time we reached our room, so it was lovely to have our plunge pool to dunk in and cool off. Later we would go down the hill for dinner, then would hike back up again, but we figured the hike helped burn off the excellent tiramisu that we had for dessert every night.

We ate all our meals at the property. In fact, we didn't leave the property at all during our five day stay. Events had been going on in our lives that had us emotionally exhausted, and this was the perfect place to rejuvenate and regenerate. Our days consisted of three delicious meals a day, several cold Caribs, and just relaxing, swimming, reading, and resting. It was what we needed.

When we were packing to leave, my husband said, "I'd come back". He never says he wants to return someplace, so this is huge!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank orangetravelcat

Thank you for your review of Laluna. We are very happy that you were able to escape mentally and physically in our little paradise island. Cold Carib is on the ice! Look forward to having you again in the near future.
ciao!

Reviewed 11 April 2011

We spent 10 nights with some friends and realy enjoyed every bits of it. The beach is beautiful in a secluded bay. Because of the size of the hotel and the location you can hardly see anyone on the beach or in the swimming pool. The food is great and the chef Daniel did cook us some excellent fresh pasta al pesto on request.
If you like busy hotels with 10 restaurants, then dont go there. But if you like quality, intimate places with good food then it is the place. The service can be a bit slow but it is not a problem when you are on holidays and relaxed.Lovely spa. All the ingredients for a relaxing stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank julien111111
Reviewed 7 March 2011

We were at La Luna for the week of Feb. 18th. It was a very nice holiday. Beautiful location and beach. The weather was partly rainy and cloudy but that is the luck of the draw.We had rented a deluxe cottage which was very private but our accommodation looked out to the service area below which is not as nice as the sea view. The two sunny days the staff was burning bush below which clouded the air.There were also a few incidents of maintenance or delivery staff urinating in the bushes which was not very nice. The staff is very friendly and forthcoming. Chef Daniele is great and although the menu is somewhat repetitive and skimpy he went out of his way to cook special dishes for you if you asked. Found the MAP plan expensive as breakfast choices were very limited. There was only one selectin of wine by the glass and it was not a premium wine.A small self serve food bar for fruit and beverages between meals or for purchase would be an asset. La Luna is a beautiful and restful place great for meditation but there is no local music and limited facilities in an isolated and rather difficult to access location (rough road that some tour operators did not want to travel). Would recommend it for a few days rather than one week.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple