My husband and I spent a week in Grenada on the resort's dive package and had an absolutely wonderful time. I am a very type A American and initially was a little nervous after booking as the resort seemed to have a very laid back style and I was a little worried that some details might slip through the cracks. All of my concerns were without basis as the staff were absolutely amazing to interact with. They were extremely attentive to all our needs and yet were able to accomplish this without displaying any stress. Their relaxed yet efficient style rubbed off on me in record time and for the first time in years I was able to completely unwind on this vacation. Although that was an achievement in itself, its even more amazing considering that my husband and I opted to undertake some additional dive certifications and spent a reasonable chunk of time "studying".
Although the staff deserve recognition, I also want to comment on the beautiful accommodations and stunning setting. The resort looks just like the pictures - lovely little casitas tucked away on a hillside on a secluded and pristine beach with very swimmable, rolling waves. We have made a point of staying at high end resorts on our vacations (Amanyara, Kona Villlage, etc), the setting of La Luna really is without compare. Although I was a little apprehensive when checking in re: the open air bathrooms, I grew to love those as well as they worked so well with the setting, the feel, and clearly the climate.
The dining was amazing as well - a foodie's delight. Chef (as everyone calls him) was incredibly attentive and he went out of his way to accommodate any request that we made. My mouth is watering as I think of his freshly made pasta, succulent sea food, and the freshness of the ingredients.
Finally, we had the good fortune of meeting the most wonderful guests when we were there, which really made La Luna stand out above all other resorts. I recognize that not everyone who books a trip to Laluna will have our good fortune, but given the frequency with which our friends return to their favorite destination, I can only hope that they will be given the opportunity to meet such wonderfully fun people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Laluna Beach Resort and Villas, intimate boutique resort. Wellness Center on the beach includes, an Asian Spa, daily yoga and Pilates, Technogym gym. Perfect for small weddings and honeymoons, or those looking for a romantic getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Laluna Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Laluna Hotel St. George`s
- Laluna St Georges
- Laluna Hotel St Georges
- Laluna Hotel Grenada/Grand Anse