All reviews glamping tents private pool duplex villa highly recommend staying here french fusion unique boutique bean bag chairs discreet staff open shower relaxing setting honeymoon trip outdoor bathroom maenam walking street the hotel's restaurant previous hotel min walk each morning
Reviewed 24 March 2016

I spent a bit of time on some of the islands. My favorite Island was Ko Phangan with its cheap and simple little bungalows at the beach, but!! If you are going to do a little more upscale, and if Koh Samui is your island of choice, then I do highly recommend Khwan Beach Resort. The staff (I believe are French ex pats) are super charming, friendly and accommodating. You also get a free ride to and from the airport, which is a big plus. Breakfast is brought to your room each morning, so you can enjoy it in the privacy of your own abode. Each abode is very modern, has two stories, two bathrooms and a private pool. As the showers are partially open to the outside, you do get your share of lizards bathing with you! Very cool. The Villas are very private, which I did appreciate after spending much of my time in Thailand in not so private accommodations. Only about a 3 minute walk to the beach, where the water is clean and warm and the sand feels like silk between your toes. Enough restaurants along the beach to keep you fed, but can also take a car/bike/tuk tuk about 10 minutes to a wonderful shopping and restaurant area. All and all, great time here!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
5  Thank Cheriece W
Gaelle E, Directeur général at Khwan Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2016

Thank you very much for reviewing Khwan beach resort.

We care a lot about your well being. Khwan beach resort indeed offers privacy. The villas, both duplex pool villas and pool suite villas, offer privacy, comfort and design for the best of relaxation. Art is at the epicenter of every villa.

Home made breakfasts (a big thank to Khun Ratt for cooking with heart) are delicious, from the home made jams to the french pastries.

We always say greetings with heart and art from Khwan beach resort... this is a sample of the reasons why !

We hope to meet you again for your next stay.

Reviewed 20 March 2016 via mobile

My wife and I had the opportunity to stay here on the first part of our journey through Thailand, and it was an EXCELLENT way to kick it off. The staff is so incredibly accommodating and friendly, with unique and comfortable rooms as well.

We knew things were off to a good start when we were offered a free pickup from the airport. Having never travelled to Thailand before, this was a great relief before we had a chance to get our barings and after 24 hours of flights.

Upon arrival everything was easy: we were greeted with apple juice and quickly shown to our 2-story room. We unpacked and went straight to the beach, which was a mere 20m away. The day was relaxed and we ate at Moonlight (a Thai restaurant, highly recommend as delicious and cheap!). The next day they helped us hire a scooter and we explored the island with a route the staff helped us plan.

As all of the other reviewers mentioned, the included breakfast delivered to your room is wonderful. But let me point out a few other things that were pleasant surprises:
- There are two levels, each with a shower and toilet in separate rooms (not really needed for a couple, but could be great for families)
- The downstairs sofa folds out to a bed (fortunately I didn't get banished to it, :-P)
- The showers are "part open" to the outdoors, which is super cool. The walls are plenty high so there is no concern for privacy, but you can easily see the sky, stars, and moon while showering: awesome.
- We had massages on-site next to our private pool, one each day of our stay. It was incredible, and I'm not usually a massage guy. However at 400 bhat (approx $11USD) for 60 minutes per person, it was a no brainier. HIGHLY recommend that.

My only critique (being nit picked) would be that the River suite we were in was a bit exposed to a neighboring hotel dining area / bar across the river. When we read "private pool", we expected a bit more privacy, but we felt a little exposed at times when on our sun deck. Mind you it didn't slow us down from getting our sun! That said, there are some hedges that if not cut down, would easily restore that totally private environment.

If you are looking for a relaxed, private experience, this is one of the top places I have traveled to. You really feel like it is your own hotel away from the craziness of the island, while being completely in reach of whatever you want to do on Ko Samui.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank mattyv123

Dear Matt,

Thank you very much for your review, and taking time to detail it. We are happy that you enjoyed both the resort and the activities. It is important for us to know what people like (or not) to provide the appropriate services.

We love our island and we love sharing our good tips about the things to do. Every villa comes with a book that gives you our selection of the best tours on the island. Your holiday are precious and we try our best to make it as easy as possible, so you dont have to worry about anything.

Khwan massage therapists are excellent and as we want to share the feeling, we really focus on keeping affordable prices.

We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 17 March 2016 via mobile

Just left a four day stay here and I must say that it was an incredible experience. You get what you pay for with money here, the villas are impeccable, spacious, well presented and team at Khwan were exceptionally accommodating! The location is beach facing, and if your villa is not beach facing then it's only a 20 second walk to a very peaceful, quiet bay! The town itself is full of activity, in particular the Thursday night market and also Romans restaurant ( both highlights) you can hire a moped for 200 thb around the corner and then you have easy access to the whole island! The staff at Kwhan made it all the more special however. They were so kind, and on the final day when I was struggling to manage the journey inland to the next destination they were super helpful in getting me there and making sure I was taken care of. I genuinely appreciated it! Overall, I would recommend staying here! Tiny bit more expansive than most but you do get a lot more for your buck x

6  Thank AnandMavani

First of all, all the team want to say thank you for your review. We are happy that you liked your stay with us. We work with heart (and art) , we care with heart... and when you are happy and write a nice review, we just know why we wake up everyday. We know we can improve many things, and we are trying our best to be better everyday so you can have memorable holidays.
We hope to see you again at Khwan beach resort.

Reviewed 25 February 2016

I had a great time in this villa. The manage is very nice. The villa is very beautiful and clean. I like the view when I laid down on the bed and see through the window. For the location,It is very close to the beach. But outside street do not have many store for shopping. But if you like quiet and private, this is very good choice. For the breakfast, they will bring your breakfast to your villa. you could eat in front of your pool with music. It was very nice.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
5  Thank wilma5931
Gaelle E, General Manager at Khwan Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2016

Dear Wilma
It was so nice to receive your group ! The whole resort was almost yours during your stay and you fullfilled it with your happiness and enthusiasm. I still have the nice photos of us, just before you left, it was a really pleasant moment !

Next time you come, we will have a restaurant and a bar to make the groups stays even more comfortable.

Hope to see all of you again, please say hello to your family from behalf of all Khwan team

Reviewed 30 January 2016 via mobile

We selected this place Bcoz it was very near to beach nd plus every room had it's own private pool
The best part is they serve the breakfast in your own villa
Room wise I would rate it 5/5
Bcoz of pool and staff here is very very polite nd helpful
Over experience was awesome
Cheers ?!!!!

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank pramodsans
Gaelle S, General Manager at Khwan Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2016

Thank to both of You. We are really happy you enjoyed your stay with us.
We really hope to see you again
Have a very nice day and see you back soon !