All reviewstotal transformationdetox programweight losslife changingfasting detoxdaily massagesliver flushmind bodyyoga instructoralmond milkfelt amazingherbal remediesfamily environmentdaily yoga classsteam roommake decisionsdelicious thai
Reviewed 14 November 2017

My 12 Days at Health Oasis were my first doing a fasting detox. I selected this property based on testimonials from online friends and yes strangers. I was aware that it would not be a luxury resort but hard core dedicated to our health and well being and it was. The program is thorough and set up to keep you busy throughout the day so you never think of food. The yoga instructor is fantastic. The massage therapists are healing and everyone who helps to run the resort are pleasant and supportive. Plus the resort is located right on the beach. And you know what? I didn't find the resort to be so bare bones as I was led to believe. My room was basic but really all you need are the basics. Detox wise I was very impressed with the program, the attention to detail, flexibility and results. I feel I had a nice reset mind and body. If you are looking for a really good detox resort and don't need to be walking around in a fluffy robe all day long, although you could do that if you want, consider this resort. Two thumbs up.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
6  Thank Esther B
Health_Oasis, General Manager at Health Oasis Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2018

Dear Esther,

Congratulations on completing your first detox! Our first priority has always and will always be high quality detox programs. All the components in them are 100% functional, no added fluff, (nor fluffy robes) everything serves a definite purpose! Thanks so much for your review and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

health oasis is detox health resort,with spacious rooms and beautiful sea facing.
it is vegetarian resort . staff members are very friendly .it is good for people who want to remove toxins out of body and loosing weight.people can stay at resort only if they take detox package starting from 3 days to 28 days..they also have family rooms.

Room Tip: sea facing rooms are best
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank gopal1978

Dear Gopalji,

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience. We agree it is the perfect place for people who want to shift toxins out the body. And yes one of the many positive side effects of detox is that one can shed some weight. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

My 8th visit to HealthOasis was comforting and predictable. Which is what I need when I go on retreat. I have been before, so there is no anxiety, just the assurance that the staff remember me and attend to my needs in a comfortable and friendly way.
The program is effective and the rooms, while simple (about 3 star) are quite adequate. I come for two key ingredients: 1) Sakdah - who is one of the best yoga teachers I have ever come across, and 2) Pai - who has been tailoring and personalizing my massages to help improve my body for about 15 years now. The combination of Yoga and Massage means that I am not just detoxing and retreating, I am also growing stronger and more flexible. These build my confidence and my capacity.
There are always areas for improvement and it has been good to see that the Management have been working on different things. Rooms are gradually being refurbished. Staff members are working towards higher accreditations. The offerings from the Vegetarian kitchen/restaurant have been evolving.
An additional highlight this visit was the Sacro-Cranial treatment. Bliss!

Room Tip: The combination/Multi-bedroom options mostly have steep stairs. Families may want to consider just taking 2 rooms instead.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RevAmelia
Health_Oasis, General Manager at Health Oasis Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2018

Dear Amelia,

Thank you so much for your review.

You know that we in management and all the staff always feel so blessed to have you as a customer. Your presence is like a beacon of light that radiates peace.

We are happy to know that you feel the resort and the staff provide you with what you need in such a reliable and comforting way. Also that you have found such positive change through the program, the yoga and the massage.

Yes is definitely true that there is always room for improvement, and we in management are 100% dedicated to this. You will be happy to know that the improvements are still continuing day by day.

Since your last visit we have hired 4 more maintenance staff and we have kept them busy! They refurbished all the colonic rooms, the session rooms, cellulite rooms (also new improved linen) and they are about to start on the seminar room. We have hired a front of house resort manager who is dedicated to the needs of all the in house guests. Lana recently completed her spa manager training in Bangkok! And yes Abhaya and Shankari are still offering their ever popular craniosacral therapy treatments.

We sincerely look forward to your next stay and we thank you once again for taking the time to write your review.

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

I researched several detox resorts in Thailand and the world and also did a very similar retreat on Vancouver island in Canada 5 years ago. But this one was fantastic!

The juices tasted great, I was rarely hungry, the colonics were easy to do, the liquid herbs were easy to use (although some don't taste great, normal for herbal remedies), health managers always available to ask questions and tweak if you had any issues. Very comfortable with efficacy of program and support!

Daily massages were wonderful and all of the masseurs I had were very good! I've had many massages in Canada by trained RMT's and the ones at the resort are as good if not better in some instances.

The resort is labeled as a 3 star and if you are looking for luxury 4-5 star this is not it. The room I had was clean and maintained every day and I never felt uncomfortable with the cleanliness like I have in other places I have stayed. I read other reviews and I find it troubling of what people expect. People need to be realistic and if you want luxury go to another resort where you will play for it!

The pools are beautiful and maintained, the resort is right on the beach which is quiet and amazing for daily walks. The beach is not a busy commercial beach so it is tranquil perfect for detoxing.

Yan the Health Manager is always available and conscious of any concerns. He was willing to listen and understand my current health issues to ensure I got the best care and results on the program.

I did the 15 day total transformation and lost 10 lbs and a total of 19 inches off my abdominal area, waist, hips, thighs, chest and shoulders!!! The whites of my eyes were sparkly white and my nails went very white as well, nice bonus to detoxing. I feel better than I have felt in years and I would definitely return to Health Oasis and hope to next year.

In other reviews guest mention the resort dogs....I LOVED them!! They make it feel like home and I am pleased to see they have taken the responsibility to help rescue them from the streets and provide them with vet care if needed. I never felt they didn't belong. Again this resort is like a quiet, small, family environment. If you want structure luxury hotel then go elsewhere and pay the premium pricing as well.

For the price, services included, friendly staff, efficacy of program, location on beach it's so worth it!! I will return.

If there is one suggestion it would be to have one resort manager available daily to answer questions related to rooms, concerns, fees, etc. The girls at reception are lovely however but don't have authority to make decisions which sometimes left them ill equipped to assist customers. I know you mentioned you are hiring someone for this role and I think that will be great and important for the resort.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Mrsdorms

Dear Mrs Dorms,

Thank you so much for your thorough and well thought out review. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences in such detail. We feel that it will no doubt assist many potential people considering coming for a detox. So we sincerely thank you for this.

We were very happy to read that the detox went smooth, that you received the support you needed from our health managers and also achieved such positive results. Well done!

Yes is true that we have never ever promoted our resort as a luxury 5 star destination, and we in management also find it quite puzzling that some guests arrive expecting it. We do understand that we can’t suit everyones needs, so we try to focus on providing a space to experience high quality, effective detox programs in comfortable clean accomodation. Those guests who do expect luxury and pamper with a little bit of detox on the side, we are very upfront that we can’t meet their needs and we therefore recommend alternative resorts on the island to them.

Yes we in management definitely love our resort dogs, we see them as part of our family and care for them as such.

We are happy to share that we did indeed hire a front of house manager some who is primarily charged with the duty to assist with the needs of the guests and also has the authority to make decisions. The feedback so far has been overwhelmingly positive.

Thanks again for your lovely review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Since my stay at the resort, my strength and energy has increased and I have learnt alot more about my body.  I had time to exercise, rest and recharge my batteries thanks to the support of the wonderful staff.  I enjoyed daily morning beach walks, swimming in the pools, daily yoga and massages.  It's not a 5 star resort, but that's the way I like it. Travelling solo was fantastic, so don't hesitate if you're considering it as you have lots of support and you meet people from around the world.  My room was clean, cool and comfortable and the program was great.  I'm looking forward to returning again one day soon

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank BeautTraveller
Health_Oasis, General Manager at Health Oasis Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2017

Dear Guest,

We in management were thrilled to read your review, it brings us great joy to know that you received such positive benefit from the detox program. Our guests have shared with us over the years that before discovering Health Oasis, they felt like they needed a holiday after their holiday, because the activities they partook in were actually quite exhausting. A detox holiday is indeed a great way to recharge the batteries and also meet new like-minded friends. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Warm regards