All reviews total transformation detox program weight loss life changing fasting detox daily massages liver flush mind body yoga instructor almond milk felt amazing herbal remedies family environment daily yoga class steam room make decisions delicious thai
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Since my stay at the resort, my strength and energy has increased and I have learnt alot more about my body.  I had time to exercise, rest and recharge my batteries thanks to the support of the wonderful staff.  I enjoyed daily morning beach walks, swimming in the pools, daily yoga and massages.  It's not a 5 star resort, but that's the way I like it. Travelling solo was fantastic, so don't hesitate if you're considering it as you have lots of support and you meet people from around the world.  My room was clean, cool and comfortable and the program was great.  I'm looking forward to returning again one day soon

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank BeautTraveller
Health_Oasis, General Manager at Health Oasis Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2017

Dear Guest,

We in management were thrilled to read your review, it brings us great joy to know that you received such positive benefit from the detox program. Our guests have shared with us over the years that before discovering Health Oasis, they felt like they needed a holiday after their holiday, because the activities they partook in were actually quite exhausting. A detox holiday is indeed a great way to recharge the batteries and also meet new like-minded friends. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Warm regards

Health Oasis Managment

Reviewed 9 September 2017

After a family members trip earlier this year i decided to choose Health Oasis over the many other detox centres available on Koh Samui.
The location is good, right on the beach which was clean and peaceful.
Reception staff were all over the place preferring there mobile phones than the needs of the guests. If you do need a decision on anything important there is a ridiculous process of emailing "Sam" and waiting for a reply.
Rooms were ok and cleaned everyday but definably need some maintenance.
The main reason for my review is to warn future guests of the cleanness of the resort.
1. The dogs in the reception are disgusting, i found ticks and flies everywhere and the white dog had open wounds leaking onto the floor. This is unacceptable in an area where guests are asked to walk barefoot.
2. Colonic systems were old and cracked.
3. The fridge had mould in and the station where we had tea and soup was rusty and dirty.
4. Yoga mats were very dirty and smelled of sweat.
5. The overall cleanliness of the resort is very low and this must be taken more seriously especially in an detox centre.
I would like to give a special mention to Katie and Andy the detox managers who work very hard to support you and i left with a new found knowledge. Andy is leaving and will be a major loss to Health Oasis.

Overall I did have good results from my cleanse at Health Oasis but there are much better options on Koh Samui.

Stayed: August 2017
2  Thank luxalotte
Health_Oasis, Manager at Health Oasis Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2017

Dear Guest,

The content of your review and the review directly below yours mention very similar points, therefore I will summarise and answer these points in a similar way.

First off you wrote, like Iris, that you achieved good results with the detox program and were satisfied with how you felt at the end. This was great to hear. We believe this is in fact the core and most important part of any detox resort, the actual program itself, and also no doubt the primary reason why you came in the first place. So we are glad that your expectations were met, that you received good support from the health managers, and you walked away with new found knowledge.

In regards to the reception staff, as was mentioned to Iris in the review below yours, we implemented a new rule about 4 weeks back that allows them to use their personal phones only at break time and not during work hours. Some staff were actually new and in training during your stay, we do apologise if any of the receptionists behaviour disturbed you while you were in the lobby.

It is true in the past guests would have to email Sam, but this was only needed for major program changes to your original booking such as program type, length etc.. however we have now changed this policy to allow on site managers to approve all changes immediately.

The rooms are simple, but clean. They are definitely maintained and we have actually recently doubled our maintenance staff and are completely dedicated to this. If there was anything not functional in your room we would have been happy to attend to it during your stay, but we did not hear anything from you regarding this.

1: In regards to the dogs, as was mentioned to Iris in the review below yours they are most definitely cared for and loved by the management and staff. They eat a very healthy and natural diet and are washed at least once per week. (Please note we do wash them in the back area of the resort so you would not have seen it but we assure you it is done, check our instagram page for pics.) Snoopy the white dog has been with us since 2005, she is one of our oldest residents! She was taken to the vet during your stay as it was noticed there was an issue with her leg. It was not an abscess as you mentioned nor was it infected or dirty at all, just a benign tissue growth. Obviously it was not dripping blood all over the floor as it was wrapped! The vet recommended to bandage it and come every three days to check up as to which we have been doing. Having our beloved dogs in the resort prevents stray and often ‘diseased’ dogs from entering the open property. Furthermore there are many positive well documented health benefits to having well cared for dogs in the workplace. Dogs are by nature very caring animals and spending a few minutes to pat them reduces blood pressure, anxiety, depression and brings an overall sense of wellbeing. It’s like having a free therapy session and their presence compliments the detox process quite well.

Also as was mentioned to Iris in the review below yours, we have a team of housekeeping staff and also the kitchen staff who manage the cleanliness of the lobby area, and it is cleaned thoroughly a few times a day. The floor is swept and mopped at least 3 times a day and also spot checked on a regular basis. There are also deep cleaning schedules that include the fridge etc. One point to remember is that it is an open style lobby, which allows wonderful sea views cool refreshing breezes, however the weather can occasionally change quite abruptly in the tropics and can blow in leaves and sand. Nevertheless since reading your review we have increased the frequency of cleaning and management will be keeping an eye on it to ensure it is maintained. We have also purchased a few more carpets and rugs so they can be rotated in between their cleaning cycles.

2: As was mentioned to Iris in the review below yours, we have done a thorough check of all the colonic boards to ensure all are up to standard.

3: There is a deep cleaning schedule that includes attending to the juice fridge, soup and tea stations. Nevertheless since reading your review we have increased the frequency of cleaning and management will be keeping an eye on it to ensure it is maintained.

4: As was mentioned to Iris in the review below yours, in regards to the cleanliness of the yoga equipment, we definitely do take it seriously. The very fact we use yoga towels on top of the mats is a direct testimony of our dedication to this. Most places in Thailand do not. They are cleaned daily, this schedule has been established since day one when we first introduced them a year or so back. You would not have seen them being cleaned yourself because the staff take them at a later time in the day to do it. We always have a back up of new mats in our store room and most definitely replace them as needed.

5: This is a somewhat ambiguous comment and difficult to respond to. We are not sure what in particular you felt was not clean? We have a team of housekeeping staff who clean the guest rooms daily. The paths are swept morning and afternoon, the facilities rooms and common areas of the resort are also cleaned daily by designated staff as per schedule. As mentioned previously the lobby area is cleaned thoroughly a few times a day. The floor is swept and mopped at least 3 times a day and also spot checked on a regular basis. We are happy to receive constructive criticism that can help us to better our services, but general comments such as this one are quite difficult to make use of. Hope this makes sense.

Thanks again for your feedback, I hope you can see we in management are very dedicated to continually improving our standards and services.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Upon arrival at Health Oasis (HO) I was checked in and shown to my room. Had an evening meal - selection was basic. Menu choices could be revised and a bit more creative and tasty. The following morning I had my Orientation and shown around the resort. It was informative and complete (I should mention that this is not my first time to a detox resort). Katie is extremely knowledgeable and makes everyone feel welcomed and comfortable.
1. Reception/Lobby/Communal Area: Note -This area you are required to remove shoes. On my first day one of the resort dogs had a sore or abscess - blood was dripping on the floor of the lobby area (Dogs have freedom to roam this area). The dogs are poorly looked after. They have fleas as they are scratching and shed about the area. I never saw anyone bathe the dogs as they are dirty however someone was changing the bandage on the one dog that had the abscess. After my 3rd day of seeing how dirty the floor was in this area I told the staff I would no longer remove my shoes if the floor wasn't swept and mopped. The counter where people make their "shakes" were constantly dirty (people spill and are messy) the management needs to find a better way to maintain or have someone standby to clean up after guests make their shakes or poor their fruit drinks as it's all self serve. On the floor where the table legs meet there is spilled juice, psyllium husks and dirt that's been there for a long time as no one as bothered to move the tables and clean properly. There are carpets on the floor by these tables that need to be trashed they are spotted, stained and dirty.
Receptionist: The 3/4 ladies whom I met and had brief encounters with were nice when addressed. However I found them all unprofessional. When I required assistance or needed booking of massages on 2 occasion it was forgotten. Poom and Apel were the best of the 4. Kimmy's English is weak, she is forgetful and gets upset and become rude and irritated with clients when in fact she didn't understand. She interrupted a conversation I had without previous knowledge of what was being discussed only to get upset and roll her eyes and puff - unprofessional! Receptions should all dress more appropriately, be clean and better groomed. It would do the ownership well to implement a dress code. They should also be told that hand phones are private, loud laughing, yelling at one another and shouting at kitchen help and cleaning staff is NOT appropriate. Clients are undergoing detox and hearing discrepancies within the staff should be done privately and in an appropriate manner to get the best results from fellow staff members. The sofa's in the reception area are of plastic wicker. Who know what type of bugs are living and housing in them. For several days my feet and ankles were bitten until I complain, then one of the sectional sofa were taken out and swept (not washed as needed). The cushions and pillows on the sofas need to be replaced, they are dirty and stained.
2. Housekeeping/Accommodations: Rooms are basic, bed was comfortable - the rooms are of a 1 star hotel. Do not expect amenities. However the rooms are clean. Bring your own lubricants (KY or whatever you prefer) the one provided is a poor type of petroleum gel. The colonic board in my room was cracked and pieces missing around the hood part. Was a bit dodgie looking and I was wonder what has absorbed into the fiberglass that I would soon be nuzzling up to.
3. YOGA: Yoga instructor (Sakda) is good and a good workout will be had. He combines calisthenics in his yoga practice. If your a beginner, practice at your own level and do not be intimidated. Sakda wants to help all achieve a higher level of fitness. After my 14 days I felt stronger in my fitness level. It would help those who are not as fit if the class was divided into 2 sessions for beginner and more advanced. I noticed that several clients of HO did not return to the yoga class as it was to difficult for them or they had never been to a yoga class before. Although Sadka did his best to show them through the class the basic movement, however for some it was overwhelming for them and they didn't attend the classes.
Yoga equipment - yoga mats smelt of sweat and were dirty, the fabric/cloth mats were used and folded to be reused for the next session. After my second day of noticing this I lodged a loud and strong objection to the staff. This was disgusting! We are sweating and are detoxing the cloth mats should be washed daily. I could not believe this needed to be verbalized. The yoga mats appeared to had never been washed and smelt of perspiration. Again after complaining they were washed however the mats are crumbling and need to be replaced.
The Yoga Sala becomes the massage area in the afternoon. Ok and fine however the floor needs to be mopped with detergent to remove oil that has dripped on the floor or smeared from clients feet as they walk on the floor. It is for the safety of all otherwise the floors are slippery and dangerous. There are also plenty of small bugs on the floor some are ants coming from the potted plants in the sala.
4. HEALTH PRACTITIONERS: I can not say and send enough praises and gratitude's to Andy and Katie. I observed them both make each and every client feel comfortable, answered questions, chatted with clients, held talks, always available and help clients communicate with the Thai staff. For those going to HO I'm sorry that you will not have the opportunity to meet Andy as he is moving on. He is encouraging and a wealth of knowledge. I enjoyed my conversations with him.
5. LANDSCAPING: Extremely untidy!!! Grass is over grown. I mentioned that to the staff member. A few days later an attempt was made by 2 ladies to pull weeds and tidy up the landscaping. Someone tried to cut the grass however 1/4 was cut (perhaps equipment failed) and that was the way it stayed for the last 10 days of my time at HO. There are large red ants throughout the grass and on the walk paths. Be careful as I was bitten on a couple of occasions.
6. BOOKING: is a unusual...it takes too long to get questions answered. Not sure what time zone "Sam" the booking agent is in. Often times 24 hours would pass and I did not have a reply. In order to confirm booking airline reservations were needed. However I felt uncomfortable making airline reservations without a confirmation from HO.
7. CONCLUSION: Program is effective. I achieved good results. I feel it could be upgraded. I was satisfied with how I felt and my weight loss. I would had felt better had facilities been nicer. Gym equipment is very old and need to maintenance and replacing.
NOTE: There is NO staff on duty past 8:30/9 PM. If you arrive late there is a card with your name and a room key left for you. Either the taxi driver or on your own arrive to your room.
Special NOTE: In case of emergency once again a card is on the reception desk with numbers to call however the telephone is put away and offices are locked. Not sure whats the point as if you have a health emergency you are SOL! No phones to make phone calls.
I hope management and ownership read this and take action. Health Oasis could be a great place...better maintenance, management and care if needed.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank MrsISR
Health_Oasis, Manager at Health Oasis Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Dear Iris,

Thank you for your detailed and constructive feedback. We appreciate reviews like yours as it gives us a chance to improve our services. We will break down your feedback point by point which we hope will help reassure you and any future guests of any concerns or misunderstandings.

First off we are happy to hear that you enjoyed the program orientation and the support of the health managers. Also that you achieved good results with the detox program and was satisfied with how you felt and the weight loss you achieved. This is great to hear. Also that your room was clean and bed comfortable. We believe this is in fact the core and most important part of any detox resort, the actual program itself, and also no doubt the primary reason why you came in the first place, so we are glad that your expectations were met. To be honest we in management were utterly shocked to see such a low star rating from you. Clearly you loved the program, so much so that you decided towards the end of your stay to extend it. Seems very strange for us because had it been as bad as you described then why change your flights and extend your stay with us?

1: We have a team of housekeeping staff and also the kitchen staff who manage the cleanliness of the lobby area, and it is cleaned thoroughly a few times a day. The floor is swept and mopped at least 3 times a day and also spot checked on a regular basis. There are also deep cleaning schedules that include the fridge etc. One point to remember is that it is an open style lobby, which allows wonderful sea views cool refreshing breezes, however the weather can occasionally change quite abruptly in the tropics and can blow in leaves and sand. Nevertheless since reading your review we have increased the frequency of cleaning and management will be keeping an eye on it to ensure it is maintained. We have also purchased a few more carpets and rugs so they can be rotated in between their cleaning cycles.

In regards to the dogs, they are most definitely cared for and loved by the management and staff. They eat a very healthy and natural diet and are washed at least once per week. (Please note we do wash them in the back area of the resort so you would not have seen it but we assure you it is done, check our instagram page for pics.) Snoopy the white dog has been with us since 2005, she is one of our oldest residents! She was taken to the vet during your stay as it was noticed there was an issue with her leg. It was not an abscess as you mentioned nor was it infected or dirty at all, just a benign tissue growth. The vet recommended to bandage it and come every three days to check up as to which we have been doing. Having our beloved dogs in the resort prevents stray and often ‘diseased’ dogs from entering the open property. Furthermore there are many positive well documented health benefits to having well cared for dogs in the workplace. Dogs are by nature very caring animals and spending a few minutes to pat them reduces blood pressure, anxiety, depression and brings an overall sense of wellbeing. It’s like having a free therapy session and their presence compliments the detox process quite well.

In regards to the reception staff, we implemented a new rule about 4 weeks back that allows them to use their personal phones only at break time and not during work hours. New staff uniforms have now been introduced, so the dress code is in order. Kimmy was actually new and in training during your stay, we do apologise if any of the receptionists behaviour disturbed you while you were in the lobby.

The sofas in reception definitely do not have bugs or any insects living in them, we have a professional come and clean all the bed mattresses and sofas etc on a regular basis. In addition the covers are cleaned as a part of the regular deep cleaning cycle. We did however recently purchased a few more spare covers and pillows.

There are mosquitoes for around 1 hour at dusk and dawn which would explain any bites (they love the ankle and feet area). Many resorts spray DDT in Thailand which is an extremely dangerous neurotoxin, we instead choose to offer natural essential oil based repellent free to use by all guests.

2: The accommodation is most definitely simple and not 5 star, as a multitude of previous positive tripadvisor reviews accurately point out, but as you mentioned it is clean and the beds are comfortable. It is not possible for us to be able to offer 5 star facilities and keep the rates as low as they are. Of course there are detox resorts that offer luxurious well equipped accommodation but their prices will obviously reflect this also.

Thank you for the feedback regarding the lubricant. It inspired us to make a change to a 100% natural water based product. Within the next few weeks it will be implemented. We have also done a thorough check of all the colonic boards to ensure all are up to standard.

3: Great to hear that you received benefit from the morning yoga class. We do as you know also offer the afternoon class which is far more gentle so as to be able to cater to the different needs and abilities of the guests.

In regards to the cleanliness of the yoga equipment, we definitely do take it seriously. The very fact we use yoga towels on top of the mats is a direct testimony of our dedication to this. Most places in Thailand do not. They are cleaned daily, this schedule has been established since day one when we first introduced them a year or so back. You would not have seen them being cleaned yourself because the staff take them at a later time in the day to do it. We always have a back up of new mats in our store room and most definitely replace them as needed.

The Sala is swept and mopped every morning (early) by our staff, although since your review we did notice there was a gap in the afternoon after massage/before afternoon yoga so we remedied this by introducing a second sweep/mop during this time also. There is the very occasional ant or bug in our open air sala, this is true as we are in a tropical country, but there are definitely not ‘plenty’ as was exaggerated, and finally they are completely harmless.

4: We are happy that you liked the support and care shown by our health managers. We believe it is important to always have support on hand also hence us having a health manager always on duty.

5: In regards to the landscaping we are a little perplexed as what to say as almost all our long term return guests have mentioned to us how much the garden have improved over the last few years. We employed a dedicated gardening team who take pride in their work. It is true that the grass may contain ants and insects however we are based in tropical Thailand so it is completely unrealistic to expect otherwise.

6: All bookings are handled by Sam our reservations manager, he is very dedicated to answering all emails within 24hrs. We do apologise if they took an hour or two longer.

New gym equipment was actually purchased 6 months back, can see our facebook and instagram posts, we are not sure why it would need replacing as it all still functions perfectly.

It is fair to say that 99% of our guests have access to cell phones with roaming ability these days hence there is not a need to place a phone by the desk next to the card.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 26 August 2017

I had high expectations for this spa and was unfortunately terribly let down by the motel.

It is right next to the main highway and has quite a bit of noise from the cars, trucks and mopeds speeding by.

Being from UK I am used to not having smoke at my motel except for designated areas away from sleeping. I tried to tell people not to smoke in front of the rooms or near the guest areas but no on listened,

I got very sick from the programme materials I think they should not leave them out all day and night in a public area. It is not a very hygienic place and i ended up moving to another resort in a different place.

I hope they clean up their act so in the future no one gets sick there.

Really wish it could of been better.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mouseout
Health_Oasis, General Manager at Health Oasis Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Dear Guest,

We in management are a quite perplexed by your review. There are a number of serious factual discrepancies. Please see the below detailed information:

1: We keep very detailed records of all our guests, and we had no such guest from the UK or USA who stopped their detox mid way though, became 'very sick' or left for another resort during the month of July.

2: Our resort is a beachfront property and our guests love the tranquility and peace of the ocean sounds. It is not ‘right next to the main road’ as you put it.

3: We have a strict non-smoking policy within the resort grounds and we take it very seriously. All guests are informed prior to coming and also during orientation. We have no smoking signs in front of all the rooms and our staff and management enforce this rule militantly. There are also designated smoking areas outside the resort property.

4: We have two degree trained health managers who manage the health and wellbeing of all the guests, We received no reports from any customers during the dates you listed about anyone being ‘very sick’. Please understand we in management would obviously take this kind of issue extremely seriously and would therefore know this information if it actually happened!

5: Our programme materials do not in any way or form make guests ‘very sick’. We have been in business for over 20 years and it is in fact quite absurd to suggest this. If you read our reviews and see our video testimonials you can see the positive transformation our guests experience.

6: All the herbs used in the detox programs are actually tinctures and therefore perfectly stable and safe to be kept at room temperature.

7: Finally we are not a spa nor a motel, we are a detox resort only. So the fact that you repeatedly mention this in your review further indicates to us that you were never a guest.

Regards

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

I went to the oasis with no expectation except to fast in very basic accommodation. What did happen was life changing. I was educated massaged yoga ed into a new healthier version of myself. I rid myself of life long cravings and lost 9kg. I have returned home and have kept up with a new way of being. Ive lost more weight joined a daily yoga class and am feeling the best in my life. My auto immune symptoms have gone and im at least 10 years younger. Im on a permenant high and can dance all night!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Health_Oasis, General Manager at Health Oasis Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2017

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. It captures the essence of why we feel so humbled to be able to offer what we do here at Health Oasis Resort. It can facilitate such amazing and transformational life changes for our guests. The fact that you have returned home and have kept up with this new way of being is the best testimonial of them all. Congratulations and we hope to see you again soon.