“Very chic!”
Review of Code

Code
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Mae Nam
Reviewed 19 September 2017

When driving to the hotel for the first time, we had a slight doubt because it is located inland, further from the main road compared to most hotels in Koh Samui. But once we got there, all doubts were gone!

Beautiful, modern, white buildings standing on the hill. Took our breath away! We loved our luxe, poolside room. The pool was amazing, if I had any picky comment, I wish the pool was located higher because we can still see the rooftop of the buildings in front of the hotel. It slightly 'ruined' the infinity pool effect.

The staff was very friendly and helpful with checkins, breakfasts, activity bookings. We had massages in the hotel spa. A bit expensive, so we recommend go to Fisherman's Village market instead for better value, same massage quality (even though you need to drive).

Will recommend this hotel for those who rent a car/motorbike because of its location. So it's easy for you to have a drive for dinner or wander. But if you are a 'stay at the hotel' type of person, this hotel is perfect for you!

Note there are many stairs, if you're not a fan of climbing up, get the poolside room because it's on the lower level (still need to climb up though!)

Room Tip: Book poolside room instead of ocean view room. You can see the ocean from the poolside room without...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kii N
Codesamui, Manager at Code, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Dear Kii,

Thank you for your kind review of Code. It was our pleasure to have hosted you and we are thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us.

We are proud of our impeccable service and luxurious accommodations, and we are happy to hear that your expectations were exceeded in all areas.

Should you find yourself planning another getaway, we would be honored to welcome you back for another memorable holiday.

kind Regards,

The Code Team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,098)

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Code for 2 nights and it was very well spent here! We're welcomed with the welcome drinks and the smiles from staffs upon arrival.
Well, overall was good despite the pickup confirmation from the pier to the hotel, we've email to ask for a pickup but there's nobody replied to our mail. We thought that we didn't successfully book the car. But its ok because we decided to use our own car.
It was my birthday on the second day of the stay, and I received complimentary cake together with a birthday wish from General Manager "Mr. Max". I felt very blessed!
I have some comments on their dining room "Vanilla restaurant" that the lady cooking omelette (I don't remember her name) could remember what I love to put on the omelette. And there's a lady with the short hair she recommended us some places to do on Samui island. Thank you very much!
I will definitely go back to Code!
Sripat K.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Codesamui, Manager at Code, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Dear Siripat,

Greetings from Code.

It is lovely to hear from you and thank you for reviewing Code.

It seems there was confusion with your pickup as the team did confirm and a driver was sent to collect you? The main thing is you arrived and loved all that Code has to offer!

I am pleased to read that Max treated you on your birthday and you felt special how amazing!

Great to read that you loved all that Code has to offer and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,

The Code team.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

I came here to spending time at the pool, the pool was very nice and beautiful location. you can see the beach from the pool. Staffs always be around and take care customers. I'm very impressive and I'm very sure I will come back again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank mai2tini
Codesamui, Manager at Code, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Greetings from Code.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and we are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. The team at Code go out their way to ensure that all our guests are taken care of so I am pleased to read you had the same experience.

Next time you are planning an island getaway, we hope you will return to Code for another incredible experience.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 26 August 2017

Nestled in an elevated position behind the relatively quiet Bang Po beach, Code Hotel and its staff shine through like one of Thailands great gemstones.
A truly stunning location, mesmerising views, impeccable service and attention to detail with an ambience that would not be out of place in some of the famous World hotels we have stayed!
I don't normally participate in reviews but thought would do my bit for fellow travellers and share one of the little wonders I have stumbled upon!
All rooms are modern contemporary in design yet functional with sat TV, fridge/freezer, power showers, wall to ceiling glass with totally unrestricted viewing.
Food excellent as always and an extensive Wine cellar.
Great gymnasium and an award winning Spa with breathtaking views from the Jacuzzi.
Before I go I must mention the Code team as after all this is what makes a truly great hotel.
Pao - your cocktails are amazing and pina colada heaven in fresh coconut!
Randal - great entertainer yet true professional!
Min - Fire show amazing and you could work for me any day!
Last but not least Max - great General Manager and a true Gentleman!
Truly the Code Team you are a credit to this amazing Hotel!

........until next time folks!

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank charlei2017
Codesamui, Manager at Code, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Dear Charlei,

Lovely to hear from you! What a complimentary review of Code we are thrilled to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and loved all that we have to offer!

Our suites at Code are as you say modern and contemporary and the views are simply stunning, the private balconies each suite has gives our guests the ultimate location to sit back and relax!

The team will certainly be chuffed with your kind comments and I will be sure to share in our weekly meeting!

Thank you once again for you review and we very much looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 22 August 2017

The prices of CODE are very reasonable, even with the Penthouse suite, which is a nice one bedroom apartment. I would call this a modern, contemporary, budget luxe boutique hotel with an urban design - the rooms are clean, and well appointed, and all the staff are incredibly friendly and diligent and seem to be able to do everything and anything! (Including folding peacocks out of tissue paper. O_O)

1) This place scores with me because : I fell in love with their shower gel. The scent was beautiful and every time I showered in it, it felt like I was luxuriating in a spa. I tried to purchase this, but the staff had told me the ones they sell at the gift shop, are slightly different. On the last day upon check out, they had already packed a small 300 ml mineral water bottle of this shower gel for me. To date, I think it's the sweetest, most thoughtful "gift" a hotel has given me, unprompted.

2) The staff are truly multi-talented. The bartender can dance with fire. The F & B supe can sing. The GM can speak a myriad of languages. I won't be surprised if there were more hidden talents in the hotel.

3) While the rooms are not that large (I would estimate, ours was about 50 SQM) , the views are pretty spectacular as the hotel is built on a hill, with a beautiful balcony, complete with a cosy cabana. and the layout of the rooms is very functional. I liked having the kitchenette in the room, which is more common in serviced apartments, rather than hotels. It meant that it was easy for us to head out and buy our own food, that we could come back to cook or heat up. Very practical. Very value for money, compared to many of the prices on the island.

4) The spa massages exceeded our expectations. We were pleasantly surprised that we both enjoyed our massage treatments as both the ladies there are skilled therapists. We had massages in-house each day of our stay there. But book early, because they only have limited time slots, and very good promotions!

5) The premises still looks spanking new, even though they've been around for slightly more than a year now. I can see lots of potential to build extensions and perhaps even villas in the area. I liked that they also provided motorbikes for guests, and shuttle services to the nearest stores.

Honestly, it was the best break we could ask for post-wedding, because we hardly left the building, and we could just unplug and decompress.

6) I seldom wake up for breakfasts in most places. But I would venture to say while the selection of food was not huge, quality over quantity! I appreciated the lovely salads in cocktail glasses that were tasty and flavourful. The breads for breakfast that, quite possibly, were the best tasting breads I've had on any Thai island. And food quality was always good, and pretty delicious. They do a few key dishes, and they do them well.

(Oh - and they had some insane wine promotions on while we were there!)

The shower felt a little small, especially for my husband is who rather broad and tall at 1.85m.

This layout definitely reminds me of the flats in UK. Just with much nicer views. I would have preferred slightly higher ceilings, as I am a bit claustrophobic, so I always kept the curtains drawn wide open, and it gives the room a much lighter, airier feel.

I felt that there could be more pools in hotel. It feels like the one infinity pool, while beautiful, was a little small for the hotel if operating at full capacity. But, I see hints of expansion underway, so I won't be surprised if this happens soon.

And as in all of koh samui....You get a workout because there are stairs everywhere. So it is not so wheelchair or senior-friendly, nor pram-friendly. But, this is the case in almost all of the hotels on the island.

But all in all, we loved the place, and thought it was perfect for us.

The main ingredient that took this basic boutique hotel from good to great, was the staff. They were all attentive, friendly, and made our entire stay feel like we were home away from home.

That to us, is a cut above the rest.

Room Tip: We stayed at the 1br Penthouse suite. (Sunset 4 I think) - great views. But, mind, the higher you go...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Codesamui, Manager at Code, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Dear Sara-Ann

Greetings from Code. So lovely to hear from you!

Thank you for the time you have taken to share your in-depth kind review of your time at Code.

It was an honour to welcome you to our beautiful hotel, and we are delighted that you enjoyed our relaxed yet refined services and spectacular surroundings. I know you wanted to relax after your wedding, and that you did!

It is particularly lovely to hear that you appreciated our luxurious bathroom products! As you have mentioned they are not for sale unfortunately but I am thrilled to read that the team made sure you took the scent of Code home with you! What a treat.

Our daily breakfast always receives high praise, like yourself many of our guests make sure they wake up to sample the daily specials along with the fresh pastries and bread and not to mention the fresh juice and Coffee!

Cinnamon Spa is the ultimate in relaxation and our talented therapist ensure all guests leave the spa feeling totally rejuvenated and relaxed. Thank you for the compliments.

Max and his entire team will be delighted to hear that their friendly and attentive services exceeded your expectations and made you feel like you were at home!

Next time you are planning a holiday, we hope to welcome you back for another memorable experience.

With warmest regards,

12.6 km away
Lanna Samui
Lanna Samui
#3 of 185 in Bophut

Been to Code? Share your experiences!