The prices of CODE are very reasonable, even with the Penthouse suite, which is a nice one bedroom apartment. I would call this a modern, contemporary, budget luxe boutique hotel with an urban design - the rooms are clean, and well appointed, and all the staff are incredibly friendly and diligent and seem to be able to do everything and anything! (Including folding peacocks out of tissue paper. O_O)
1) This place scores with me because : I fell in love with their shower gel. The scent was beautiful and every time I showered in it, it felt like I was luxuriating in a spa. I tried to purchase this, but the staff had told me the ones they sell at the gift shop, are slightly different. On the last day upon check out, they had already packed a small 300 ml mineral water bottle of this shower gel for me. To date, I think it's the sweetest, most thoughtful "gift" a hotel has given me, unprompted.
2) The staff are truly multi-talented. The bartender can dance with fire. The F & B supe can sing. The GM can speak a myriad of languages. I won't be surprised if there were more hidden talents in the hotel.
3) While the rooms are not that large (I would estimate, ours was about 50 SQM) , the views are pretty spectacular as the hotel is built on a hill, with a beautiful balcony, complete with a cosy cabana. and the layout of the rooms is very functional. I liked having the kitchenette in the room, which is more common in serviced apartments, rather than hotels. It meant that it was easy for us to head out and buy our own food, that we could come back to cook or heat up. Very practical. Very value for money, compared to many of the prices on the island.
4) The spa massages exceeded our expectations. We were pleasantly surprised that we both enjoyed our massage treatments as both the ladies there are skilled therapists. We had massages in-house each day of our stay there. But book early, because they only have limited time slots, and very good promotions!
5) The premises still looks spanking new, even though they've been around for slightly more than a year now. I can see lots of potential to build extensions and perhaps even villas in the area. I liked that they also provided motorbikes for guests, and shuttle services to the nearest stores.
Honestly, it was the best break we could ask for post-wedding, because we hardly left the building, and we could just unplug and decompress.
6) I seldom wake up for breakfasts in most places. But I would venture to say while the selection of food was not huge, quality over quantity! I appreciated the lovely salads in cocktail glasses that were tasty and flavourful. The breads for breakfast that, quite possibly, were the best tasting breads I've had on any Thai island. And food quality was always good, and pretty delicious. They do a few key dishes, and they do them well.
(Oh - and they had some insane wine promotions on while we were there!)
The shower felt a little small, especially for my husband is who rather broad and tall at 1.85m.
This layout definitely reminds me of the flats in UK. Just with much nicer views. I would have preferred slightly higher ceilings, as I am a bit claustrophobic, so I always kept the curtains drawn wide open, and it gives the room a much lighter, airier feel.
I felt that there could be more pools in hotel. It feels like the one infinity pool, while beautiful, was a little small for the hotel if operating at full capacity. But, I see hints of expansion underway, so I won't be surprised if this happens soon.
And as in all of koh samui....You get a workout because there are stairs everywhere. So it is not so wheelchair or senior-friendly, nor pram-friendly. But, this is the case in almost all of the hotels on the island.
But all in all, we loved the place, and thought it was perfect for us.
The main ingredient that took this basic boutique hotel from good to great, was the staff. They were all attentive, friendly, and made our entire stay feel like we were home away from home.
That to us, is a cut above the rest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Multi-award winning 'Code' blends cutting edge architectural styling with exceptional levels of comfort, making 'Code' the perfect choice for discerning guests. With all the facilities one would hope to find in such a setting including a state-of-the-art gym, spectacular spa, steam room, tennis court, restaurant and bar, coupled with a magnificent infinity pool complementing an awe-inspiring panoramic ocean view across the turquoise waters of the Gulf of Siam with the islands of Koh Phangan and Koh Tao framed in the distance. The interiors of the 40 suites which comprise Code are composed to provide the very highest level of uber-chic luxury and won 'Best Interior Design' at both the 2012 Asia Pacific Property Awards and the 2012 Thailand Property Awards. This stunning design hotel can be best described as flawless...' ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wotif.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Code reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Code Ko Samui, Thailand