“Penthouse views, with great multi-talents”
Review of Code

Code
Ranked #1 of 30 Hotels in Mae Nam
Reviewed 22 August 2017

The prices of CODE are very reasonable, even with the Penthouse suite, which is a nice one bedroom apartment. I would call this a modern, contemporary, budget luxe boutique hotel with an urban design - the rooms are clean, and well appointed, and all the staff are incredibly friendly and diligent and seem to be able to do everything and anything! (Including folding peacocks out of tissue paper. O_O)

1) This place scores with me because : I fell in love with their shower gel. The scent was beautiful and every time I showered in it, it felt like I was luxuriating in a spa. I tried to purchase this, but the staff had told me the ones they sell at the gift shop, are slightly different. On the last day upon check out, they had already packed a small 300 ml mineral water bottle of this shower gel for me. To date, I think it's the sweetest, most thoughtful "gift" a hotel has given me, unprompted.

2) The staff are truly multi-talented. The bartender can dance with fire. The F & B supe can sing. The GM can speak a myriad of languages. I won't be surprised if there were more hidden talents in the hotel.

3) While the rooms are not that large (I would estimate, ours was about 50 SQM) , the views are pretty spectacular as the hotel is built on a hill, with a beautiful balcony, complete with a cosy cabana. and the layout of the rooms is very functional. I liked having the kitchenette in the room, which is more common in serviced apartments, rather than hotels. It meant that it was easy for us to head out and buy our own food, that we could come back to cook or heat up. Very practical. Very value for money, compared to many of the prices on the island.

4) The spa massages exceeded our expectations. We were pleasantly surprised that we both enjoyed our massage treatments as both the ladies there are skilled therapists. We had massages in-house each day of our stay there. But book early, because they only have limited time slots, and very good promotions!

5) The premises still looks spanking new, even though they've been around for slightly more than a year now. I can see lots of potential to build extensions and perhaps even villas in the area. I liked that they also provided motorbikes for guests, and shuttle services to the nearest stores.

Honestly, it was the best break we could ask for post-wedding, because we hardly left the building, and we could just unplug and decompress.

6) I seldom wake up for breakfasts in most places. But I would venture to say while the selection of food was not huge, quality over quantity! I appreciated the lovely salads in cocktail glasses that were tasty and flavourful. The breads for breakfast that, quite possibly, were the best tasting breads I've had on any Thai island. And food quality was always good, and pretty delicious. They do a few key dishes, and they do them well.

(Oh - and they had some insane wine promotions on while we were there!)

The shower felt a little small, especially for my husband is who rather broad and tall at 1.85m.

This layout definitely reminds me of the flats in UK. Just with much nicer views. I would have preferred slightly higher ceilings, as I am a bit claustrophobic, so I always kept the curtains drawn wide open, and it gives the room a much lighter, airier feel.

I felt that there could be more pools in hotel. It feels like the one infinity pool, while beautiful, was a little small for the hotel if operating at full capacity. But, I see hints of expansion underway, so I won't be surprised if this happens soon.

And as in all of koh samui....You get a workout because there are stairs everywhere. So it is not so wheelchair or senior-friendly, nor pram-friendly. But, this is the case in almost all of the hotels on the island.

But all in all, we loved the place, and thought it was perfect for us.

The main ingredient that took this basic boutique hotel from good to great, was the staff. They were all attentive, friendly, and made our entire stay feel like we were home away from home.

That to us, is a cut above the rest.

Room Tip: We stayed at the 1br Penthouse suite. (Sunset 4 I think) - great views. But, mind, the higher you go...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Codesamui, Manager at Code, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Dear Sara-Ann

Greetings from Code. So lovely to hear from you!

Thank you for the time you have taken to share your in-depth kind review of your time at Code.

It was an honour to welcome you to our beautiful hotel, and we are delighted that you enjoyed our relaxed yet refined services and spectacular surroundings. I know you wanted to relax after your wedding, and that you did!

It is particularly lovely to hear that you appreciated our luxurious bathroom products! As you have mentioned they are not for sale unfortunately but I am thrilled to read that the team made sure you took the scent of Code home with you! What a treat.

Our daily breakfast always receives high praise, like yourself many of our guests make sure they wake up to sample the daily specials along with the fresh pastries and bread and not to mention the fresh juice and Coffee!

Cinnamon Spa is the ultimate in relaxation and our talented therapist ensure all guests leave the spa feeling totally rejuvenated and relaxed. Thank you for the compliments.

Max and his entire team will be delighted to hear that their friendly and attentive services exceeded your expectations and made you feel like you were at home!

Next time you are planning a holiday, we hope to welcome you back for another memorable experience.

With warmest regards,

The Code Team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,133)

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

We can't recommend Code Boutique Hotel enough !!
Our 5th visit and even more amazing.
Our penthouse suite superb as always with finer touches of flowers and turn down service & the Nespresso coffee machine to liven you up before breakfast!
The breakfast served suits every pallet and nationality "duck red curry " for breakfast ? Yes please ! not to mention the egg bar all cooked fresh by the chef any style .
Relax afterwards with a good book by the pool with stunning views and be pampered with cold towels, iced water & extensive cocktail list , Pao is the very best mixologist and his Fresh Coconut Pina colada tremendous !
All the staff at reception are terrific speak several languages and nothing is too much trouble Mint will care for your every need be it glue or a sewing kit lol .
Spa facilities are fabulous with breathtaking views out to see & the massage, facials and treatments sublime.
The drivers will take you in the tuck tuck whenever you want down to the beach & 7/11 and the hotel supply a local mobile phone to call anytime for pick up , Deng is such a professional at all times as are the other drivers.
The Saturday Splash & barbecue is such fun with fantastic cocktail making, the welcome cocktail evening is special as is the Thai buffet well with booking !
Oh and last but not least Max the General Manager makes each guest feel so special his sense of humour and professionalism go hand in hand, all in all we have had the most amazing holiday!
Thanks again Max & the Code team see you in June 2018!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Countrygirl666
Codesamui, Manager at Code, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

Lovely to hear from you!

It is always a pleasure to welcome you both back and many thanks for your continued patronage to Code.

We are over the moon to read how much you enjoyed your stayed and noticed all our upgrades, the Nespresso coffee machine is a fabulous addition to the penthouse suites! Along with the stunning views, flowers and turn down service our guests who choose to stay in these suites are always pleased to have paid that little bit extra.

I will be sure to pass on your kind comments about our daily breakfast, I am pleased to read you enjoyed our Asian dishes which we have each day they always go down a treat with all our guests!

Pao will love to hear how much you enjoyed his cocktails! Thank you for the compliments.

Thank you once again and we very much look forward to welcoming you back next year!

Take care.

The Code Team!

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

We had the pleasure to stay at the Code for three nights. The pictures speak for themselves. The facilities and rooms are great (we had a sunset room, with a nice balcony & views to Koh Phangan).

Although all is still very modern, my only minus of this stay would be that the rooms are a bit worn already (bathrooms, white leather sofas). The infinity pool and the views, and also the great food in the restaurant made up for this. However, what really made a difference was the friendliness of the manager and the staff. The whole team has done a great job and I surely would come back and recommend this hotel to friends and family!

Thanks to the whole team for making our stay at Code perfect!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Codesamui, Manager at Code, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Dear Dominic,

Greetings from Code.

We appreciate the time you have taken to share your review. It is fantastic to know you enjoyed an unforgettable stay thanks to our attentive staff, exquisite dining and luxurious rooms. We have taken note of your comments about the wear and tear in your suite and this has been rectified already. Thank you for giving us this feedback.

Next time you are planning an island getaway, we hope you will return to Code for another incredible experience.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 5 August 2017

This accommodation was absolutely fantastic. We stayed in a Penthouse suite and the room itself was luxurious and comfortable with views from the balcony. Food was excellent and the staff were so attentive and caring. I acquired an injury on the trip and the staff noticed and rushed my friend out to the pharmacy to get me medication. I can't recommend this place enough.

Room Tip: We loved the penthouse suite
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Codesamui, Manager at Code, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Dear Cora,

So great to hear from you!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor.

You opted for the Penthouse suite and I know you were both very happy with your choice! I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to the team who go out their way to ensure all guests are well looked after and leave with a smile on their faces.

Many thanks for the recommendation and we look forward to meeting you again one day!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

My repeat visit to this smart hotel, started with a very good breakfast. Lots of good quality choices and eggs cooked to order, in their smart comfortable dinning area. I noticed all the staff were smiling, a great start to the day.
I had an appointment at their spa, which was extremely enjoyable. The massage I had was amazing and I left with nails painted as requested feeling pampered and relaxed. I will be back.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Codesamui, Manager at Code, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Dear Suzy,

Greetings from Code.

Great that you keep coming back for your day's at Code. I know it's your time to unwind and relaxing and you start the day with our renowned breakfast. Thank you for the compliments i will pass onto the team.

Cinnamon Spa is the perfect place to unwind, our therapist are very skilled in what they do and your feedback with be music to their ears.

We look forward to seeing you soon Suzy.

Kind Regards,

Sea Dance Resort
#5 of 184 in Bophut
7.8 km away
SENSIMAR Koh Samui Resort and Spa

Been to Code? Share your experiences!