1,784 results
All reviews san anton gardens caprice bar courtesy bus free shuttle service oriental restaurant botanical gardens pool area sister hotel lovely hotel huge bed main restaurant st julians quiet location local buses every member of staff steam room executive room
Reviewed 13 June 2018

We have visited Malta many times & this was our second stay at this particular hotel. It is one of the oldest hotels on the island which is part of its charm & situated fairly centrally for staying on the island. We had a refurbished deluxe room on floor 3 over looking the gardens & reception which was very nice, a super king bed which was very comfortable as were the pillows. Room service started a bit hit & miss but my complaint dealt with promptly, turn down service provided if you wanted this. The breakfasts were really nice, plenty of choice & omlettes cooked on request. My only observations were that the Summer Garden restaurant by the pool never had enough staff, Adam did his best but staff very inexperienced & kept going sick so waiting times were long sometimes - in addition I thought lunch prices were steep, one day ordered a burger, a caesar salad with prawns plus a couple of soft drinks each & the bill came to over 50 euros, felt this was very expensive (hence then eating else where). Also the hotel is undergoing a huge refurbishment, one whole wing closed off at a time - new windows being put in so lots of banging & drilling plus a problem with the roof over reception so this was closed off whilst we were there & workmen banging & drilling as well - the spa was also closed but moved to rooms within the hotel, children’s pool closed for refurbishment so children were swimming in the ‘adult’ pool so noisier than expected. It wasn’t such a problem for us as we were out a lot of the time, I’m sure once the refurbishment is finished all will be well, but we had not been informed of this work going on so may have chosen another hotel - we booked with BA so the hotel said they knew & should’ve informed us (they didn’t). Anyway, would we return - yes, but when the refurbishment is complete. Hope this helps anyone...

5  Thank AnnieE1961
David W, General Manager at Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments which we have received through Trip Advisor following your recent visit to the Corinthia Palace Hotel.

I am very pleased to learn that your dining experience and the quality of service at The Summer Kitchen were not up to your standards and did not meet your expectations and I profoundly apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Indeed, the Corinthia Palace Hotel, including the Gym and SPA areas have been undergoing a programme of refurbishment , which will be concluded very soon. That being said, we sincerely regret that you were dissatisfied with these facilities and o please accept our sincere apologies for these short comings.

We do hope to welcome you back very soon and please give me a call or send me an e-mail on david.woodward@corinthia.com, should you need any further assistance.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

We have stayed in this Hotel on 8 occasions and can't wait to return next year. The rooms have been refurbished and are immaculate, as are the bathrooms. Breakfast is excellent and the food in the Summer Kitchen overlooking the pool is just as good and great value. We didn't get round to eating in the other restaurants but will definitely try the Sunday buffet lunch with carvery when we visit again next year. The Staff are a credit to the Hotel Management, all bar none are polite, friendly and efficient. Some of them feel like old friends as they have been there every time we have visited, especially those serving at breakfast. Special mention to Raymond the Restaurant Manager who gave us such helpful advice on what to do and where to go. We first came to Malta for our 25th wedding anniversary but had not discovered this Hotel then. We will be returning September 2019 for our 50th Wedding Anniversary, we can't think of a nicer place to celebrate it. Congratulations David Woodward on running such a fine ship. All your staff seem to be so proud and enthusiastic and this comes out in the ambience throughout the Hotel and that is why we will always return.

1  Thank Ray2Sue

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments which we have received through Trip Advisor and for choosing the Corinthia Palace Hotel.

I am very pleased to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us, in particular the refurbished rooms as well as the exceptional service provided by our staff; I will make sure to pass on your lovely comments to Raymond!

We are looking forward to welcome you back again with us and please give me a call or send me an e-mail on david.woodward@corinthia.com, should you need any further assistance.

Reviewed 10 June 2018

Stayed here a week ago and all I can say is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. Mr Woodward (manager) your staff are a credit to you from reception, waitresses, waiters, bar and cleaning staff never met such lovely helpful people would love to name them all.
Our room was so lovely the bed very comfortable, all the little details from bottled water replaced every day, chocolate left one day biscuits another.
At breakfast everything you can think of was there home from home and the honeycomb delicious.
The dinners in the different restaurants not a bad meal was had.
Loved the happy hour from 9 to 10 at night the bar staff were brilliant such a good way with customers.
The spa was amazing lovely way to finish the days sunbathing.
Thank you so much Mr Woodward for making my husband's 60th birthday one to remember and everything you done for us to make happy memories. Richmond N Ireland

Room tip: Would say all rooms are good just depends what view you would like
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Mr. Richmond,

Thank you for your positive comments which we have received through Trip Advisor and for choosing the Corinthia Palace Hotel.

I am very pleased to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with u sin particular our room facilities, your dining experiences as well as the exceptional service provided by our staff.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon and please give me a call or send me an e-mail on david.woodward@corinthia, should you need any further assistance.

Reviewed 8 June 2018

My first trip to Malta and my husbands not been for a very long time. Arranged pick up and return to hotel before we arrived. Hotel located in middle of Malta but now here's too far from anything else really! Set in beautiful gardens with Jacaranda trees (blue flowers), outside seating at the front of the hotel with large pool area at rear with the Summer Kitchen, good food, and tropical ambiance. Seating area in reception which links through to the spa, hairdressers etc, and then put to the pool area. Lifts to rooms, we were in 214, executive room, huge bed, nice balcony, big room and bathroom. Clean, tidy, well appointed. Hotel situated across from San Anton gardens, residence of the country's PM. Covered in flowers like I've never seen! 5 restaurants/ eating choices in the hotel. Formal, Asian fusion, bar snacks, daytime and outside Summer Kitchen. Breakfasts were great, huge choice, fruits, fresh breads, cooked English etc. Staff were superb from gardeners to Management, answers found to questions and a genuine interest in guests. Very, very impressed. Ranks amongst the finest hotels we've stayed in. We are planning on returning. Saw people holding meetings, Police motorcade at the hotel with royals from San Marino (we think), nothing out of place or a problem. Small C & R shop in foyer and tiny shop for papers etc which could/should be improved. Room service very good, quite quick, good choice. Balcony big enough to move the table outside to eat al fresco. We loved this place, in case you hadn't guessed!! Service, Value and Sleep Quality buttons on here don't work but we'd give 5/5 for all three. Will be back to add photos.

Room tip: We were in 214, view at back of hotel, lived the blue trees. Big room, no faults at all for us. Turn down service, if desired.
Date of stay: May 2018
1  Thank Carol H
David W, General Manager at Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2018

Dear Guest,

I wish to thank you for taking the time to write and express your comments after your lovely stay at the Corinthia Palace Hotel.

It is always encouraging to get such positive feedback from our guests who have experienced our facilities and services. Especially our Summer Kitchen, breakfast and the Hotel vicinity to the President Palace.

Please send me an e-mail on david.woodward@corinthia.com, if I can be of any assistance for your next visit!

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed 2 nights for some meetings in Malta and the experience as very good. The rooms and bathroom are very big and modern. Breakfast is very complete and the staff are friendly. The restaurant near the swiming pool is mandatory to try.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a positive review regarding your 2 nights stay at The Corinthia Palace.

We are so glad you found our Hotel a good place to stay and that you enjoyed our hospitality.

On behalf of the entire team, I hope that we may welcome you back very soon. Please send me an e-mail on david.woodward@corinthia.com and I will be happy to arrange.