I stayed here for 7 nights and thoroughly enjoyed this hotel. The staff in particular were very helpful. I was given a room overlooking the garden restaurant at the rear, which at this time of year (March and very sunny) was quiet, with a great balcony and nice views. The room was spacious - the bathroom a little small but this did not bother me - the most important thing was that the bath was big enough (some hotels have very small baths, I guess to save water) and all the fittings and fixtures were good quality. The hotel had a nice feel, and the outside areas were very pleasant. My mattress looked a bit saggy in the middle, but I slept well enough, and all other furniture in the room had a nice feeling of solidity.
I did not use the spa facilities shall not comment. Room service meals came very quickly. Food great. Breakfast buffet splendid - choose from just about any kind of breakfast imaginable.
I liked the location of the hotel - the local streets are beautiful and very historic - I spent one day just walking around the hotel area - there is history in every nook and cranny around here. The other great thing is that it was easy from this central location on the island to reach anywhere pretty fast. I hired a bicycle, and could reach Valletta in 20 easy minutes.
I noticed that one corridor on my floor was closed off and found that all those rooms were being upgraded, section-by-section, which seemed pretty smart - improving things whilst the hotel is quiet.
Early March 2012 stay - weather hot and sunny, but I gather I was lucky with this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Poised midway between Malta’s capital, Valletta, and the so-called ‘silent’ city of Mdina, and just a short distance from the 17th century San Anton Presidential Palace, the Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa is an oasis of serenity.Originally built in the 19th century as a luxury private villa, the grand design and immaculately-landscaped gardens have inspired guests from around the world.Now an icon in our international portfolio, and a pioneer of signature facilities such as our Athenaeum Day Spa and Orient-inspired Rickshaw Restaurant, the Palace remains a testament to sumptuous living and time-honoured personal service.The Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa. Inspired opulence in the Land of Honey. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Corinthia Palace Hotel And Spa
- Corinthia Palace Hotel San Anton
- Wyndham San Anton
- Corinthia Palace Hotel Malta
- Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa Malta/San Anton