All reviews run independently tea coffee juice types of cereal nearest shop room was nice and clean bbc world news pool opens bottom floor fresh towels quiet area st paul s bay small bay bath shower bed linen transport links reception staff are decent hotel
Reviewed 8 July 2016

My Husband & I were very apprehensive about this hotel after we read some of the reviews on here but we didn't need to worry! I must have stayed at a completely different hotel as it was lovely!

We stayed for 14 nights from Thursday 23rd June - Thursday 7th July 2016. So we are just home from an amazing time and great weather. All the staff in our opinion were so friendly and couldn't do enough for us, we had some great laughs, with great company & enjoyed every minute.

The Hotel is situated on a hill, overlooking St. Paul's Bay. Every room has a Balcony, Twin beds, a wardrobe, side tables, TV, Shower or Bath. You pay €5 deposit for the tv remote which you get back on departure, we got one just in case, but were out every day and night because that is what you do on holiday! Yes there is a new tax just implemented which is €5 per person to be paid on arrival, it is being implemented in every hotel but obviously each hotel has its own time.

If you want a fridge, there is a small fee per day, I would recommend getting one if you are in the Hotel all day, it is small but ample for milk, water etc. There is an Iron you can use free of charge and a hair dryer you can hire. I took my own travel hairdryer as i always do whenever i go away anywhere. There is a safe inside the wardrobe which again you can hire for a small fee. We didn't feel the need to use the safe as we felt all the staff were trustworthy.
We had clean towels every day, there was little soaps in the bathroom to use but we brought our own. When we wanted the room cleaned we put the sign on the door and it was done, but there were days when they did it anyway, which was great.

There is a bus stop up from the Hotel just 2 minute walk, or another down the road 5 minute walk. All the buses are every 10 - 15 mins Mon-Fri, and on weekends can be every 20-30 mins.

The pool is lovely, compact and clean. It is used by some local people too on weekends but the noise level is as you would expect but the pool is always closed at 10 pm. There was a bachelor party one night but that was a Saturday night and they were gone by 11.30 pm - 12 am. We went across the road and used the sea for snorkeling! You can see the fish and the water is so clear.

The Chef Restaurant is easily accessed by lift or stairs, For Breakfast it is basic but nice. There is an option of Maltese bread & Jam / Toast & Cereals, with Tea / Coffee / Fresh Fruit Juices, or you can order the hot Breakfast - Sausage, beans, Egg, Tomato. or the Cold Breakfast - Hard boiled egg, salad, Salami.
If you want more, there are places just down the road that do a full English Breakfast & other choices. We had 2 slices of toast & marmalade each day which was plenty. The Service we received was fantastic, we had a lovely girl Leganna, and The breakfast manager - (of whom i cannot remember how to spell his name) every morning.

For evening meals, Martin the Chef, is an award winning Michelin star chef and the plates are huge and well presented. from the starters to dessert - if you want fine dining, then the food is perfect. We had the evening meals on the last few nights and was surprised at the size of the portions! By the way -The fruit platter dessert is huge! But everything very tasty & delicious.

As i said before the Hotel is on a hill, so I would recommend it to anyone except to some elderly people. We took my Mother in law with us on this trip, she is 82 years of age and normally very agile. I think the location and weather for her was too much, walking and hopping on and off the buses took its toll. She would have been better staying somewhere like Buggiba where she could walk around the square and into the sea without going far or on any buses. For my Husband and I it was ideal! with stunning views, we are able to go on any bus to any place and still come back, have a beer or two and walk along the seafront at sunset was amazing!

We had initially booked a landview room, which was perfect size, nice and quiet. The Hotel was booked solid so we stayed in room 107, we didn't have a view except we had the secluded courtyard view and could listen to the crickets all night! My Mother in Law had room 209, hers was also landview but she was high enough to have a seaview from her left corner of the balcony, which she enjoyed very much.

Through to our second week she got very sick. Joseph the Hotel Manager could not be more helpful and kept asking us if she needed a doctor he would get one straight away. on the 2nd day of illness i went and asked if we could - this was sunday. His receptionist Natasha was very helpful and contacted a doctor where i spoke to them. They arranged transport to a clinic. Joseph even came in on his time off to make sure we were ok. we had an ambulance arrive and took all of us to a private hospital, which was amazing! they got her onto a drip and antibiotics immediately. She was well enough to come out by the 3rd day in hospital. Joseph was so nice we asked if we could upgrade to a room close to her even though they were completely booked, he did so and we got one opposite.

The Service by all the staff was fantastic, on breakfast's we had Leganna, and The breakfast manager - (of whom i cannot remember how to spell his name), evening meals we had Chuppa, the receptionists were Natasha & Tiffany, the two night porters & all cleaning staff were always talking with us and so helpful. I would like to say on behalf of My Husband & I, Thank you to all of you especially Joseph. We are very grateful and will be back for our anniversary!

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are slightly bigger. Land view rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank michew2015
Reviewed 8 July 2016

We stayed here in 2014 2 yrs ago very helpful staff breakfast good but you had to pay for bacon there was a charge for an ice bucket plus a charge for hair dryer rooms cleaned every day view from the bedroom could of been a bit better if you look at dead trees it was very quiet at night apart from party reverlovours coming back from a night out you are tucked away though you have to walk quite a way for the bus and took almost an hour to get to the town this was every day but we loved it very reasonable we are staying at the st Paul's Sea park hotel this year we have seen the right up on it it's what you make of it that counts some people are dead picky I mean you will be out most of the time your not going to sit in your room all-day just some were to get your head down and just to enjoy your holiday

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor quiet
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

Booked half board and only being given 2 choices of starters and mains for dinner. Not really suitable for vegetarians. Beds not too comfortable and hairy orange blanket dumped in top of wardrobe??? Air con and wifi not included and expensive to provide. Probably wouldn't stay again.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 July 2016

We stayed for 7 nights and the one of the positive experience was the dinners in the restaurant.
The pool was clean and access to the sea just across the road for a swim (no sand).
The room was clean, but our sheets was not changed during these 7 nights. One evening we didn't receive clean towels and complaining to the front desk didn't help because there was not any spare in the hotel.
The front desk, and next morning also the manager, explained that the hotel was not to blaim because the laundry didn't return the correct amount of towels. Didn't help us much after a day on the beach.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2016

- Breakfast - very poor, I think it's the only 3*** hotel were I went across Europe and the conditions were poor
- no free WiFi. You have to pay, it's expensive and if you don't log out it's consuming all your credit
- when I check-in, the bathroom was not clean. I requested to be clean again and they made it after 2 days and a lot of request on reception and with the sign "Clean my room"
- I payed at check-in a tax of 7 euro for 2 persons. They motivated that it's a new tax of government and it has been implement in the past days . I had 2 friends who stayed at another hotel nearby and they didn't payed anything
- no fridge in the room, no mini-bar, no hairdryer, no safe deposit box, no hygiene accessories, no slippers - you have to pay for all

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends