The setting of this place is just about the only thing that can be complimented there is a gorgeous terrace that overlooks the golf course. However this is no reason to prioritise this place for a holiday. There is a silly control freak owner who runs the place like a concentration camp, and radiates the attitude that you are lucky to be there. He actually ruined the entire experience for me, taking away all sense of freedom. On certain nights we were turned away from the terrace because the guests in the gourmet restaurant had to be prioritised... Utterly ridiculous!!! The guests are 90% over 60 and ALL stare at you as if you are aliens.The staff are cold and almost violent with the cutlery. The golf is nothing to write home about, one of the courses is not kept well at all and the groundsmen seem to follow you from hole to hole with the green mower that sounds like WW3. Drinks are 5 euros each, daylight robbery, the local supermarket which is twelve miles away sells twelve cokes for the price that the hotel sells one. The pool area is tiny and the beds are packed together like ibiza. You will be very dissapointed with your stay here what a waste of money!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Chateau des Vigiers, luxury hotel golf & spa Luxury hotels, golf and spa situated in the Dordogne, near Bordeaux, Saint-Emilion and Bergerac, South West France Member of Small Luxury Hotels of the WorldDating back to the 16th century and set amidst the famous vineyards of this beautiful and unspoiled region, Chateau des Vigiers is an internationally renowned luxury Hotel, Golf and Spa situated in the Dordogne Perigord region of South West France. Conveniently located just 25 minutes from Bergerac Airport and about an hour east of Bordeaux, Chateau des Vigiers offers its guests two uniquely different hotel experiences, tailored to individual tastes and requirements. Whether you want to tour the world-famous vineyards of Bordeaux and Saint-Emilion, play golf on our impressive 27-hole course, enjoy our region's finest food and wine, or be pampered in our Maria Galland Beauty Spa, you will be able to escape the fast-pace of everyday life in this secluded and tranquil setting. Your Chateau des Vigiers experience awaits. Step inside... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Booking.com, lastminute.com.au, Odigeo and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chateau des Vigiers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Des Vigiers Hotel Monestier
- Chateau Des Vigiers Monestier